• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

:news:

After several phone calls to diamond this morning and getting bounced around to numerous different employees, finally getting through to the right person, and then waiting to be called back by that person who needed to talk to a different person, I have the answers:

YES, the sales figures reported by diamond does include the variants.

NO, they do not disclose the print runs of the individual variants.

NO, they do not report international sales figures.

SPLIT DECISION, on whether or not ballparking a variant print run from comichron is instructive. You can do it, but it is not reliable and MAY IN FACT GIVE YOU A NUMBER THAT IS TOO LOW (as Chuck said earlier.)

Larry, 500club, bababooey (and particularly) Chuck, et al are correct about that. (And so is the boardie who claimed there are only 500 copies of the Hughes variant, though he is still very wrong about that lol ).

:foryou: Apologies to the gang for arguing so snarkily at times my INCORRECT position on variant disclosure.

HOWEVER......based on the totality of the information and other comparable variants, I stand by my estimation of a 2500+ print run for the Hughes. :whistle:

-J.

My bet...

NOBODY at Diamond spoke to you...

You're simply "special"

After several phone calls to diamond this morning and getting bounced around to numerous different employees, finally getting through to the right person, and then waiting to be called back by that person who needed to talk to a different person, I have the answers:

SPLIT DECISION, on whether or not ballparking a variant print run from comichron is instructive. You can do it, but it is not reliable and MAY IN FACT GIVE YOU A NUMBER THAT IS TOO LOW (as Chuck said earlier.)

Larry, 500club, bababooey (and particularly) Chuck, et al are correct about that. (And so is the boardie who claimed there are only 500 copies of the Hughes variant, though he is still very wrong about that lol ).

:foryou: Apologies to the gang for arguing so snarkily at times my INCORRECT position on variant disclosure.

HOWEVER......based on the totality of the information and other comparable variants, I stand by my estimation of a 2500+ print run for the Hughes. :whistle:

-J.

My bet...

You're simply "special"

*Ahem* Larry.... not the best at accepting mea culpas, are we? Feel free to PM me for the name and extension of the person I spoke to. ;)

-J.

Thank you. (worship) I was dreading having to listen to the elevator music myself as I tried the same thing. :grin:

:foryou: Apologies to the gang for arguing so snarkily at times my INCORRECT position on variant disclosure..

Apology accepted. :foryou:

-J.

I'll try to run the numbers here later, but we'll need to use a lot of guesstimates. :(

-J.

My bet...

You're simply "special"

*Ahem* Larry.... not the best at accepting mea culpas, are we? Feel free to PM me for the name and extension of the person I spoke to. ;)

-J.

*snicker*

For the record...

His "person" was an extension number.

The operator.

We have ALL been trolled for a week...

Please now return to your regular scheduled bickering.

-J.

My bet...

You're simply "special"

-J.

*snicker*

For the record...

The operator.

Starting to wonder about you dude....

Gang, Larry *has not* PM'd me. I also find his posting to be particularly petty (more so than usual) given that I publicly acknowledged that some of the information he passed along was correct. I hope someone gives him a hug today.

Anyone else interested in knowing who gave the goods at diamond, feel free to shoot me a PM. (thumbs u

-J.

-J.

My bet...

You're simply "special"

-J.

*snicker*

For the record...

The operator.

Gang, Larry *has not* PM'd me. I also find his posting to be particularly petty (more so than usual) given that I publicly acknowledged that some of the information he passed along was correct. I hope someone gives him a hug today.

Anyone else interested in knowing who gave the goods at diamond, feel free to shoot me a PM. (thumbs u

-J.

And the saga "evolves"....

Let it go man.

Take your meds.

Call it a day.

...a "W" for not_in_tune_with_social_norms crazy.

-J.

My bet...

You're simply "special"

-J.

*snicker*

For the record...

The operator.

-J.

And the saga "evolves"....

Let it go man.

Take your meds.

Call it a day.

...a "W" for not_in_tune_with_social_norms crazy.

:eyeroll:

-J.

-J.

My bet...

You're simply "special"

-J.

*snicker*

For the record...

The operator.

Oh... oh no...

*sigh*

-slym

Let it go man.

He said he was wrong, & he apologised for it. Then you came in with a couple comments...

I think it's you that needs to let it go.

:shrug:

-slym

Ok.

I'ts let go....GONE

I don't care.

You guys ask me for info all the time & dismiss / savage it immediately.

I'm used to it...

( He didn't talk to anyone at Diamond, he realized he was wrong & back-peddled )

No more from dopey Larry...

Edited by LarrysComics