• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next CLINK auction is starting to stack up some interesting pieces

556 posts in this topic

Seeing as someone actually tripped the reserve knowing what it was, I don't see anything suspicious with that.

I assume you're not a naturally suspicious person then...

There's also an auction for a Colan Tales of Suspense splash that was bid right up to the reserve prior to the reserve being posted, but hasn't crossed it yet:

http://goo.gl/vz5Q7k

Does this seem fishy to you:

The auction with the highest number bids at the current Comiclink auction is this average Jack Kirby Captain America cover?

http://goo.gl/4304mu

???

That's right-- more bids than the Fantastic Four #166 cover, or the Avengers #74 cover. And a higher current price to boot!

Now, checkout the bidding history:

http://goo.gl/jGFtch

It met the reserve at $38,000 the day after the reserve was posted.

Recall that the Captain America #212 cover, with Cap fighting the Red Skull, sold for $28,000 on Comiclink in 2013, and the Captain America #211 cover with Arnim Zola didn't even make it to $20,000.

So now someone's willing to pay $30+ for a run-of-the-mill Captain America cover?

I don't get it.

Wow, that is a big number on that Cap cover.....it feels, literally, twice as high I would have expected it to go.

Feels like a doubler on its value.

I don't follow the flow of CLINK auctions as closely as Heritage, so I'm curious--is most of the bidding on CLINK completed well prior to end of the auction? Not as much end of auction fireworks as we sometimes see with Heritage? There are some soft prices on CLINK right now and I'm wondering if this is going to change.

Scott

Clink is tailor made for sniping.....it can get very vicious at the last few seconds. Anything decent almost always undergoes a radical change at the close. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Clink is tailor made for sniping.....it can get very vicious at the last few seconds. Anything decent almost always undergoes a radical change at the close. GOD BLESS...

I find it to be a mixed bag, personally. Sometimes there is a shock at the end, but sometimes not

Was that cover (Cap Annual) on a Dealer site a few months ago?

The auction with the highest number bids at the current Comiclink auction is this average Jack Kirby Captain America cover?

???

That's right-- more bids than the Fantastic Four #166 cover, or the Avengers #74 cover. And a higher current price to boot!

Recall that the Captain America #212 cover, with Cap fighting the Red Skull, sold for $28,000 on Comiclink in 2013, and the Captain America #211 cover with Arnim Zola didn't even make it to $20,000.

So now someone's willing to pay $30+ for a run-of-the-mill Captain America cover?

I don't get it.

Wow, that is a big number on that Cap cover.....it feels, literally, twice as high I would have expected it to go.

Feels like a doubler on it's value.

I don't know. I guess that's possible. Maybe it didn't move there (straight sale or consignment) and got moved to clink.

Was that cover (Cap Annual) on a Dealer site a few months ago?

???

I don't get it.

Yes, I believe this cover was on Will Gabriel's site (almost a year ago) if I recall correctly.

Personally, I'm not surprised at the $30k+ bidding. It's a strong, full-figure image of Cap and plenty of nice Kirby details for a "late period" Kirby cover. These don't come to market often. Just my 2c

I don't know. I guess that's possible. Maybe it didn't move there (straight sale or consignment) and got moved to clink.

I think it's owned by a forum member. He tried to sell it on CAF and was unsuccessful. He then maybe consigned it to Will. Then now on CLink.

I don't follow the flow of CLINK auctions as closely as Heritage, so I'm curious--is most of the bidding on CLINK completed well prior to end of the auction? Not as much end of auction fireworks as we sometimes see with Heritage? There are some soft prices on CLINK right now and I'm wondering if this is going to change.

Scott

Its like eBay with frantic sniping in the last seconds but without helpful sniping programs to make it happen.

You roll the dice and pray you don't see the you have been outbid screen when there is 1.8 seconds left in the auction...cause if you see that..its over.

Then its, should you bid at 20 second so maybe you can get another one in just in case, or wait until 4 seconds and pray...

I'm sweating just thinking about it....

I don't get it.

exactly! and the high bid count makes it doubly-suspicious.

I think it's owned by a forum member. He tried to sell it on CAF and was unsuccessful. He then maybe consigned it to Will. Then now on CLink.

and now magically, it's going to set a record for a Kirby bronze-Captain American cover via comiclink's circa 2001 website technology?!

I don't buy it.

Scott

Its like eBay with frantic sniping in the last seconds but without helpful sniping programs to make it happen.

You roll the dice and pray you don't see the you have been outbid screen when there is 1.8 seconds left in the auction...cause if you see that..its over.

Then its, should you bid at 20 second so maybe you can get another one in just in case, or wait until 4 seconds and pray...

I'm sweating just thinking about it....

It's invigorating :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

Well, if it's all a game, the consignor will be paying quite a bit in ComicLink fees, no?

Yeah, I'm not sure what's being suggested. Are you saying the top bid is bogus? Or that the high bidder Is getting bamboozled?