• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

It seems like you like the attention your drama gives you. So many people have given you advice, both on the boards and off the board, but you continue to do the same thing over and over again. It seems every few months you do something dumber than the last dumb event in your life. I can't wait to hear about your next bonehead "mistake".

It seems like you like the attention your drama gives you. So many people have given you advice, both on the boards and off the board, but you continue to do the same thing over and over again. It seems every few months you do something dumber than the last dumb event in your life. I can't wait to hear about your next bonehead "mistake".

Given that he just said that he's looking at 100 potential comics to buy, I'm sure we won't have long to wait.

Given that he just said that he's looking at 100 potential comics to buy, I'm sure we won't have long to wait.

I don't mean at I'll buy them at once I'm saying these comics are similar profit wise to the two I just bought.

The Betty and Me 16 ain't too shabby either.

Agreed and at the price I bought it for there;s no way I can lose money on it

I'm confident that if there's a way to lose money on these, you'll find it.

Not with these comics I'm 100% sure of that but on others comics I agree.

Have you bought from the person on Comics PriceGuide before? Can you verify that he's an accurate grader?

I've purchased about 20 comics there and no there are a lot of people that overgrade so I always as for pics and if the comics have restoration or major defects and I grade it myself.

I asked if you bought from that specific person or persons before, not if you've bought from people off their boards.

No I haven't but he showed me multiple pics of the comic and we both agreed on the grades.

OK, so there is a way you can lose money on these.

Why does every boardie think my grading is that bad?

I don't know if your grading is bad. I just know from experience that looking at scans, no matter how good they are is not the same as looking at a book in hand. So, when you're buying books online from someone you haven't bought from before, there is a chance it will not turn out as well as you hoped it would.

That's all I'm saying, nothing against your ability to grade.

I can see that happening that's why I always ask if there are any defects that are hidden and if they can take clearer pics

Edited by uchiha101

I could care less about the attention I just look for advice and I already said that I make the same mistakes over again and other then what happened yesterday and the ASM 129 there's not that many mistakes I made this year.

I could care less about the attention I just look for advice and I already said that I make the same mistakes over again and other then what happened yesterday and the ASM 129 there's not that many mistakes I made this year.

What happened yesterday?

Remember that one time when someone who might be considered by some former first lady's a 'deplorable' tried to defend his political position by espousing his knowledge of Canadian parliament and instead cited information about the Indian parliament? Then defended that gaffe by saying he didn't know other counties besides Canada had parliaments?

:cloud9:

What happened yesterday?

Remember that one time when someone who might be considered by some former first lady's a 'deplorable' tried to defend his political position by espousing his knowledge of Canadian parliament and instead cited information about the Indian parliament? Then defended that gaffe by saying he didn't know other counties besides Canada had parliaments?

I remember it

There was some real gold in them there posts...

Agreed, but at what point does it just become sad?

Do we really need proof that water is wet?

I know. I hear what you are saying. I was thinking about it last night and felt a little bad for being hard on him as it seemed there was yet even more "evidence" from all the replies to questions, etc. that there may be deeper issues and challenges at play beyond a learning disability and lethargy.

Gabe, I really hope you have a qualified counselor or two that you are seeing on a regular basis and are getting expert help beyond the comic selling advice here.

I no longer feel bad after what I read yesterday on his Facebook profile.

I know. I hear what you are saying. I was thinking about it last night and felt a little bad for being hard on him as it seemed there was yet even more "evidence" from all the replies to questions, etc. that there may be deeper issues and challenges at play beyond a learning disability and lethargy.

Gabe, I really hope you have a qualified counselor or two that you are seeing on a regular basis and are getting expert help beyond the comic selling advice here.

It's ok you can tell me what you see the biggest problems are and I can bring it up with my therapist.

The biggest problem I see is that you do what you want to do regardless of the free, expert advice given by people who've been successful for longer than you've been alive.

That's my biggest problem that you see? Well I'm not going to quit comics that much I know and I can make it work too and also I'm gonna do some calculations later I think you may like it

And folks, there we have it. No one is going to tell him nothing no way, no how!

Perhaps the time for free advice and "bailing him out" should stop and let him post what he is going to post and let him actually figure things out (or not) on his own.

It's ok you can tell me what you see the biggest problems are and I can bring it up with my therapist.

The biggest problem I see is that you do what you want to do regardless of the free, expert advice given by people who've been successful for longer than you've been alive.

That's my biggest problem that you see? Well I'm not going to quit comics that much I know and I can make it work too and also I'm gonna do some calculations later I think you may like it

And folks, there we have it. No one is going to tell him nothing no way, no how!

Perhaps the time for free advice and "bailing him out" should stop and let him post what he is going to post and let him actually figure things out (or not) on his own.

I know you may not see it but I am improving on these things slowly

These last two comics are a example of something done right

Edited by uchiha101

Have you ever heard the saying " don't count your chickens before they're hatched"?

What happened yesterday?

Oh, I thought he meant comic mistakes, I didn't think he meant being a doofus mistakes.

Really? How so? First, you don't even have the comics in hand. For all you know, this seller is going to scam you too. Second, you told everyone on these boards, and who knows who else, exactly where you found those comics. What is to prevent someone from contacting the seller, telling them that they undersold the books, and offer them more? You need to stop bragging about your comic "scores", such as they are, until you at least have them in your possession.

Have you ever heard the saying " don't count your chickens before they're hatched"?

Exactly. Just because you didn't get ripped off this time doesn't mean things are turning around for you and that you're improving. The chances of someone ripping you off on such low dollar books is probably low, but with a few more purchases like this, I bet you'll be back to thinking you can flip books like the a pro.

I have heard that saying but honestly there's not much that can go wrong because I paid 12 bucks and should something happen it's insured for 50 bucks

What happened yesterday?

Oh, I thought he meant comic mistakes, I didn't think he meant being a doofus mistakes.

I was talking about comic mistakes but yesterday was a mistake with politics

Really? How so? First, you don't even have the comics in hand. For all you know, this seller is going to scam you too. Second, you told everyone on these boards, and who knows who else, exactly where you found those comics. What is to prevent someone from contacting the seller, telling them that they undersold the books, and offer them more? You need to stop bragging about your comic "scores", such as they are, until you at least have them in your possession.

Simple he already shipped them but it's true I don't have them on hand yet.

I have heard that saying but honestly there's not much that can go wrong because I paid 12 bucks and should something happen it's insured for 50 bucks

As far as comics go with you, "something done right" should equal some kind of profit for yourself. You're counting your chickens before they're hatched because you don't have the books in hand yet, let alone sold them for a profit.

8 8