• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Three sentences? I only see two at most and what does my grammar have to do with how seriously people take me? Because of being professional? I know I'm not the best but I have improved if you haven't noticed. There's more the one reason for sure but the big one was boardies didn't like me saying nice comics.

I think the way people see you is not only through how you conduct yourself but also how you represent yourself. You do not appear to be someone that knows what you're doing. The way you describe yourself and the way you conduct your business is sloppy. You won't be taken seriously unless you clean up your act.

I see so what can I do immediately to make people want to buy more?

Lower prices

Good pics and descriptions

YES! ... doesn't that seem like common-sense to you?

That's what I did with some of my listing but they were hit and miss tbh

Gabe, you're not seeing it ... if you lower your prices: You'll make your books far more liable to be purchased. If you provide good pics and descriptions: you're giving your potential buyers confidence that what you're offering is what they'll receive if they DO buy from you.

I always (but ALWAYS) walk away from listings that have poor pictures. To me, it shows that the seller is either potentially hiding defects, or that they're lazy. Either way, it doesn't inspire confidence for me to bid or buy it now.

Three sentences? I only see two at most and what does my grammar have to do with how seriously people take me? Because of being professional? I know I'm not the best but I have improved if you haven't noticed. There's more the one reason for sure but the big one was boardies didn't like me saying nice comics.

I think the way people see you is not only through how you conduct yourself but also how you represent yourself. You do not appear to be someone that knows what you're doing. The way you describe yourself and the way you conduct your business is sloppy. You won't be taken seriously unless you clean up your act.

Lower prices

Gabe, you're not seeing it ... if you lower your prices: You'll make your books far more liable to be purchased. If you provide good pics and descriptions: you're giving your potential buyers confidence that what you're offering is what they'll receive if they DO buy from you.

I always (but ALWAYS) walk away from listings that have poor pictures. To me, it shows that the seller is either potentially hiding defects, or that they're lazy. Either way, it doesn't inspire confidence for me to bid or buy it now.

Ok pricing is one thing I need to change and which listing are you saying has poor pictures? The DD257 or Tec 359?

Lower prices

So I understand...low prices, good pictures and good descriptions were hit and miss? So you went to bad pictures and descriptions with unrealistic prices, and you assumed that would lead to better success?

Is this thread actually happening or am I imagining all of these posts? There's no way this is real.

Lower prices

Hmm, I think I may have figured out why you can't seem to hold a job. People on this board have been telling you these things for YEARS, and yet you make it sound like this is the first time that you've heard this advice. I'm guessing that if your previous employers had to tell you the exact same thing five times, by the time number six rolled around, they decided to cut their losses and get a new employee. The really smart ones did 2 minutes worth of research on you on the Internet and didn't hire you in the first place.

what does my grammar have to do with how seriously people take me?

1bm4kp.jpg

Let me rephrase that. I'm selling comics and I know may grammar isn't perfect but they can understand me.

.. have you heard of the saying: You are what you write?

If people see lots of grammatical errors, they will pre-judge you as a simpleton. Yeah, sure .. the odd one-or-two ... everyone's human afterall ... but when whole sentences are strung together with no punctuation, well .. you are what you write.

Lower prices

So I understand...low prices, good pictures and good descriptions were hit and miss? So you went to bad pictures and descriptions with unrealistic prices, and you assumed that would lead to better success?

Is this thread actually happening or am I imagining all of these posts? There's no way this is real.

This is all very real and you asked way I went from good to bad and the answer is because I'm impatient and when one way didn't work I switched to another.

Lower prices

Ok pricing is one thing I need to change and which listing are you saying has poor pictures? The DD257 or Tec 359?

Strong truth from me: I've not bothered looking at either listings, as too many people have said the pics are poor. .. and talk like that doesn't inspire confidence in me to look at them (plus I'm not a Bats fan, so I wouldn't naturally hunt them out anyway).

Lower prices

Hmm, I think I may have figured out why you can't seem to hold a job. People on this board have been telling you these things for YEARS, and yet you make it sound like this is the first time that you've heard this advice. I'm guessing that if your previous employers had to tell you the exact same thing five times, by the time number six rolled around, they decided to cut their losses and get a new employee. The really smart ones did 2 minutes worth of research on you on the Internet and didn't hire you in the first place.

I see but I do tell every employer I need things to be repeated to me

Op is selling a cover less asm 7 on fb for $150 with top left corner of the book chopped off

Meanwhile, blue cgc 4.5 on eBay for $253 OBO that hasn't been bought yet...

Might consider different pricing strategy

With all due respect to the OP I can't imagine that book being worth more than $50-75

So when you come out with an asking price of likely more than two times fair market value it doesn't do anything to instill or create buyer confidence

Or assist with seller credibility

Ok but I don't understand what credibility has to do with this unless they would think I'm trying to rip them off? It's a OBO and right now I'm testing the waters to see if I'll get any offers for it.

I like to think the questions being asked are comig from a child but I know that it's coming from someone in their mid-20s. So sad...

I don't think it's sad to ask about something you're not sure about I may not be as smart as you guys but at least I'm trying.

It's sad how a 27 year old can't figure out how over pricing a book can impact their credibility as a legit seller. You seem very sure of your pricing methods and it makes total sense to you however your prices don't make any sense for the reasons mentioned by the other posters. It seems like you're hoping to sucker a new collector in over paying for your book just like the seller did to you.

I'm actually 23 and as I said before I'm testing the waters and if I don't get a bite then I'll change the price

There are no testing of he waters. It's a $5.00-10 book that you'd drag around to shows for years before anyone bought it. Get it down, it's certainly not a book you want to advertise for sale. Throw it in to somebody who buys a hundred dollar ASM or something, but don't actively try and sell it, your resources and time can be used much more efficiently.

Jim

1bm4kp.jpg

Let me rephrase that. I'm selling comics and I know may grammar isn't perfect but they can understand me.

If people see lots of grammatical errors, they will pre-judge you as a simpleton. Yeah, sure .. the odd one-or-two ... everyone's human afterall ... but when whole sentences are strung together with no punctuation, well .. you are what you write.

No I heard of "You are what you eat" though and yes my grammar needs to improve more

Lower prices

Strong truth from me: I've not bothered looking at either listings, as too many people have said the pics are poor. .. and talk like that doesn't inspire confidence in me to look at them (plus I'm not a Bats fan, so I wouldn't naturally hunt them out anyway).

Well I always do appreciate the truth and it seems like I didn't do three things properly

Pricing

Pics

Description

Lower prices

No, you don't see, but at least your giving all those potential employers the courtesy of not even wasting the 2 minutes of their time in researching you before your application goes in the trash can.

1bm4kp.jpg

No I heard of "You are what you eat" though and yes my grammar needs to improve more

514_400x400_NoPeel.jpg

Lower prices

Well I always do appreciate the truth and it seems like I DON'T do three things properly

Pricing

Pics

Description

Fixed it for you. (thumbs u

Lower prices

No, you don't see, but at least your giving all those potential employers the courtesy of not even wasting the 2 minutes of their time in researching you before your application goes in the trash can.

Actually I do I see how employers would want someone else over me.

Lower prices

As a frequent buyer on Ebay, here are some of the things I saw that would steer me away from your auctions.

Tec 359 - Tape pull not mentioned. Marker on the cover is mentioned in your listing however there is only one picture of the inside cover that does not show the entire inside front cover. Whenever I hear "rare" on a common book then it throws up the red flags. You ship regularly but if I want you to ship another method then I'll have to pay more. What the heck does that mean? Looks like someone erased something by Robin's gloves and cape but not mentioned in the description. Looking at all of these questions makes me very leary of buying your book.

DD 257/FF 53 - looking at the description of these two books makes me wonder the condition of the case. Not knowing how bad scratches and scuffs are a big no for me so unless there are pictures of how bad the damage is on the case, I'm not buying. The mention of "1st Klaw Movie soon" tells me you're a flipper and most likely you're hyping the book. Why are you wishing me luck on your books when it' not an auction. The books are BIN so there is no luck involved.

I understand some of the verbiage used in your listing is to try to market your book, but seeing that you don't have many books for sale it gives me the impression that you're a part time flipper that I might want to stay away from. I've purchased books from sellers that had similar, worse,and sometimes stock pictures but because they were in the business of selling comic books I felt confortable with purchasing from them. If I'm interested in purchasing something from a seller with low feedback or does not deal with comics then I will only bid if they have the book in an auction. I will do BIN but only if it's at a good price but if the person has a small inventory of books and their BIN is at or above FMV then I will just assume the person thinks they're holding onto gold and are pricing their books as such.

1bm4kp.jpg

514_400x400_NoPeel.jpg

Yes it does but there's like ten different situations you use a comma though

1bm4kp.jpg

514_400x400_NoPeel.jpg

Yes it does but there's like ten different situations you use a comma though

I counted 11.

I just checked out your Facebook page. You have one bizarre obsession with American politics for someone who is Canadian. Your entire page is super right wing propaganda. I recommend everyone check out his Facebook page and then decide if you want to give him advice. I no longer do. Just awful. Lots of posts accusing the President of being a closet Muslim. Enjoy your ignorance and failure.

8 8