• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

The Betty and Me 16 ain't too shabby either.

Agreed and at the price I bought it for there;s no way I can lose money on it

I'm confident that if there's a way to lose money on these, you'll find it.

Agreed, but isn't it better to lose $10-$15 as opposed to $200+?

That's a valuable lesson he's learning.

:ohnoez:

Not with these comics I'm 100% sure of that but on others comics I agree.

Agreed, but isn't it better to lose $10-$15 as opposed to $200+?

That's a valuable lesson he's learning.

:ohnoez:

Losing 12 bucks is much better then losing 200 for sure and I've have my eyes on about 100 more comics that I can make a profit with.

There was some real gold in them there posts...

Agreed, but at what point does it just become sad?

Do we really need proof that water is wet?

I know. I hear what you are saying. I was thinking about it last night and felt a little bad for being hard on him as it seemed there was yet even more "evidence" from all the replies to questions, etc. that there may be deeper issues and challenges at play beyond a learning disability and lethargy.

Gabe, I really hope you have a qualified counselor or two that you are seeing on a regular basis and are getting expert help beyond the comic selling advice here.

Gabe for CGC member of the year. No one else has brought so many people together who are in agreement.

Haha, one of the few good things that comes from this thread

Hi Gabe, I'm Sarcasm. Have we met?

Yes we have

Have you bought from the person on Comics PriceGuide before? Can you verify that he's an accurate grader?

I know. I hear what you are saying. I was thinking about it last night and felt a little bad for being hard on him as it seemed there was yet even more "evidence" from all the replies to questions, etc. that there may be deeper issues and challenges at play beyond a learning disability and lethargy.

Gabe, I really hope you have a qualified counselor or two that you are seeing on a regular basis and are getting expert help beyond the comic selling advice here.

It's ok you can tell me what you see the biggest problems are and I can bring it up with my therapist.

Have you bought from the person on Comics PriceGuide before? Can you verify that he's an accurate grader?

I've purchased about 20 comics there and no there are a lot of people that overgrade so I always as for pics and if the comics have restoration or major defects and I grade it myself.

I've purchased about 20 comics there and no there are a lot of people that overgrade so I always as for pics and if the comics have restoration or major defects and I grade it myself.

I asked if you bought from that specific person or persons before, not if you've bought from people off their boards.

It's ok you can tell me what you see the biggest problems are and I can bring it up with my therapist.

The biggest problem I see is that you do what you want to do regardless of the free, expert advice given by people who've been successful for longer than you've been alive.

I asked if you bought from that specific person or persons before, not if you've bought from people off their boards.

No I haven't but he showed me multiple pics of the comic and we both agreed on the grades.

No I haven't but he showed me multiple pics of the comic and we both agreed on the grades.

OK, so there is a way you can lose money on these.

The biggest problem I see is that you do what you want to do regardless of the free, expert advice given by people who've been successful for longer than you've been alive.

That's my biggest problem that you see? Well I'm not going to quit comics that much I know and I can make it work too and also I'm gonna do some calculations later I think you may like it

Why does every boardie think my grading is that bad?

That's my biggest problem that you see? Well I'm not going to quit comics that much I know and I can make it work too and also I'm gonna do some calculations later I think you may like it

I'm not sure that random untrained Internet strangers diagnosing you is in anyone's best interests

I'm not sure that random untrained Internet strangers diagnosing you is in anyone's best interests

They may not be trained but they noticed a lot of things that I wasn't aware of myself also I said I would take what they say to my therapist

What does it matter? He's going to do what he wants to do regardless of any advice he's given. Please remember, the advice is not unsolicited.

Why does every boardie think my grading is that bad?

I don't know if your grading is bad. I just know from experience that looking at scans, no matter how good they are is not the same as looking at a book in hand. So, when you're buying books online from someone you haven't bought from before, there is a chance it will not turn out as well as you hoped it would.

That's all I'm saying, nothing against your ability to grade.

8 8