• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Recent purchases

IH 180 CGC 5.0 SS Stan Lee

For $11? :o

For 191 dollars

so apparently no self control or budget anymore

You have a pic of the book? - might not be a bad deal at first look - but there alwayss seems to be something - does it have MVS? - is the case cracked? - CGG? Is the grade really 5.0,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Agreed, at first blush this seems like a good pickup, but I'd like to hear some details.

I think he's come a long way. After reading the threads blowie posted I think Gabe is smart enough to have realized that most people on these boards would not want to pay him 20% to cosign their comic books.

Now if we can only get him to stop paying GPA high for flippers... hm

OMG I never saw the consignment thread before :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: I'm dying here, my eyes are watering I'm laughing so hard :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I totally forgot about his consignment thread. That comment about his "morale compass" was hilarious. I actually thought that comment was by another member (the one people called a hero) but totally forgot it was Gabe that wrote that.

Honestly speaking not many people would do as I did

I'm not sure anyone would do as you did.

Are you talking about all the threads I make or the wallet thing?

I'm talking about offering up your 20% cosign service when you were new here.

I think he's come a long way. After reading the threads blowie posted I think Gabe is smart enough to have realized that most people on these boards would not want to pay him 20% to cosign their comic books.

OMG I never saw the consignment thread before :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: I'm dying here, my eyes are watering I'm laughing so hard :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I totally forgot about his consignment thread. That comment about his "morale compass" was hilarious. I actually thought that comment was by another member (the one people called a hero) but totally forgot it was Gabe that wrote that.

The new plan is to still accept consignments and then consign those consignments to the LCS at 20% of sell. Or even 25% if you want to get greedy.

The new plan is to still accept consignments and then consign those consignments to the LCS at 20% of sell. Or even 25% if you want to get greedy.

I'm down. What's his commission?

I was running with the original 20%. :shy:

I believe the word you are looking for is 'consign'.

This guy gave you the answer Gabe. You mixed up words in your head. There is a person who co-signs for a loan and there is a time when you give something to someone else to sell for a percentage which is to consign a book. Mixing up a word is not the end of the world but a simple google search for your word would help you clear things up. Yet another instance where you have to actually understand what is being said (written) rather then just reacting.

No actually this is another instance where you assumed something again, I checked out the word before I responded and was confused why it didn't match what I was thinking. What I view consigns for is a loan for a car, house, school or business.

hm

you are joking, right?

don't believe 1Cool or Ryan were incorrect in the least......

con·sign

kənˈsīn/

verb

3rd person present: consigns

deliver (something) to a person's custody, typically in order for it to be sold.

"he consigned three paintings to Sotheby's"

synonyms: assign, allocate, place, put, remit, commit

"the picture was consigned to the gallery"

I checked dictionary.com and it gave me a different answer but was talking to 1cool about assuming that I didn't check and just blurted out whatever.

So you checked dictionary.com before posting your sentence (highly doubt) and it gave you:

"co-sign

[koh-sahyn, koh-sahyn]

Spell Syllables

Word Origin

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com

verb (used with or without object)

to sign as a cosigner. "

Yes that's the definition I got, so I became frustrated because I couldn't find the same thing the other boardie showed me

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=consign

I like that thanks and that's what I was looking for.

Recent purchases

For 191 dollars

Nice pick up. That's almost half price compared to last sale and I'd have definitely pulled the trigger at that price. Good seller so no chance of scam?

Yes he proved to me that the comic is his and I paid with goods and services just in case as well.

Recent purchases

For 191 dollars

You have a pic of the book? - might not be a bad deal at first look - but there alwayss seems to be something - does it have MVS? - is the case cracked? - CGG? Is the grade really 5.0,,,,,,,,,,,,,

There is the mvs stamp, there are no cracks and yes it's a 5.0 SS. I'll try to get the pics

Recent purchases

For 191 dollars

When has there ever been any of either?

I said that I still follow the budget but I make a exception if I sell a comic or some video games I buy what I made money with and if I don't have money I save up.

Recent purchases

For 191 dollars

Nice pick up. That's almost half price compared to last sale and I'd have definitely pulled the trigger at that price. Good seller so no chance of scam?

Yes he proved to me that the comic is his and I paid with goods and services just in case as well.

Services? hm

So 20% to the LCS and 20% for Gabe? That seems totally fair.

Recent purchases

For 191 dollars

- 325 was the last on on ebay ( not recorded on GPA) - still not a bad deal on paper if all the information is correct.

Yes all the information is correct and I'll upload pics in a bit

No, 20% to Gabe. He'll pay the LCS out of his cut (that's his side deal with them). You only deal with his Consignment Company.

Edited by chrisco37

Recent purchases

For 191 dollars

Agreed, at first blush this seems like a good pickup, but I'd like to hear some details.

What would you like to know?

Recent purchases

For 191 dollars

- 325 was the last on on ebay ( not recorded on GPA) - still not a bad deal on paper if all the information is correct.

Yes all the information is correct and I'll upload pics in a bit

Have you received the slab or are the pics just the images the seller gave you?

Hard to believe that snyone woupd sell a 181 cgc ss so cheaply.

Yes you're right about that.

No, 20% to Gabe. He'll pay the LCS out of his cut (that's his side deal with them). You only deal with his Consignment Company.

Even better! :whee:

No it's not. That wasn't even a plan of mine to begin with.

8 8