• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

I believe the word you are looking for is 'consign'.

This guy gave you the answer Gabe. You mixed up words in your head. There is a person who co-signs for a loan and there is a time when you give something to someone else to sell for a percentage which is to consign a book. Mixing up a word is not the end of the world but a simple google search for your word would help you clear things up. Yet another instance where you have to actually understand what is being said (written) rather then just reacting.

No actually this is another instance where you assumed something again, I checked out the word before I responded and was confused why it didn't match what I was thinking. What I view consigns for is a loan for a car, house, school or business.

hm

you are joking, right?

don't believe 1Cool or Ryan were incorrect in the least......

con·sign

kənˈsīn/

verb

3rd person present: consigns

deliver (something) to a person's custody, typically in order for it to be sold.

"he consigned three paintings to Sotheby's"

synonyms: assign, allocate, place, put, remit, commit

"the picture was consigned to the gallery"

I think he's come a long way. After reading the threads blowie posted I think Gabe is smart enough to have realized that most people on these boards would not want to pay him 20% to cosign their comic books.

Now if we can only get him to stop paying GPA high for flippers... hm

OMG I never saw the consignment thread before :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: I'm dying here, my eyes are watering I'm laughing so hard :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

This guy gave you the answer Gabe. You mixed up words in your head. There is a person who co-signs for a loan and there is a time when you give something to someone else to sell for a percentage which is to consign a book. Mixing up a word is not the end of the world but a simple google search for your word would help you clear things up. Yet another instance where you have to actually understand what is being said (written) rather then just reacting.

No actually this is another instance where you assumed something again, I checked out the word before I responded and was confused why it didn't match what I was thinking. What I view consigns for is a loan for a car, house, school or business.

hm

you are joking, right?

con·sign

kənˈsīn/

verb

deliver (something) to a person's custody, typically in order for it to be sold.

I checked dictionary.com and it gave me a different answer but was talking to 1cool about assuming that I didn't check and just blurted out whatever.

Edited by uchiha101

hm

you are joking, right?

con·sign

kənˈsīn/

verb

Wait, so my mother didn't consign my apartment?

Star wars update

I don't have any scans that I can find but my star wars 1 was bought by David prowse and I didn't even know who he was but it was awesome to find out.

So, 81 year old David Prowse bought your mid grade Star Wars 1 hm

That's pretty cool, but I bought John Voight's car :grin:

Star wars update

I don't have any scans that I can find but my star wars 1 was bought by David prowse and I didn't even know who he was but it was awesome to find out.

I'm serious he's been at my lcs twice but I never knew who he was and yes he bought my mid grade sw 1 which surprised me

hm

you are joking, right?

con·sign

kənˈsīn/

verb

I checked dictionary.com and it gave me a different answer but was talking to 1cool about assuming that I didn't check and just blurted out whatever.

yau ware tying to stert a bomic consignement busyness

seriously - dictionary.com has almost the same definition as I posted......

Star wars update

Just when I was about to give up on this thread, the Seinfeld reference pulled me back in! One of my favorite episodes ever.

hm

you are joking, right?

con·sign

kənˈsīn/

verb

yau ware tying to stert a bomic consignement busyness

seriously - dictionary.com has almost the same definition as I posted......

I'm not that terrible with my grammar and I'll check again

can't find it so I'll just agree with you.

Edited by uchiha101

Star wars update

How do you know it was him?

I think he's come a long way. After reading the threads blowie posted I think Gabe is smart enough to have realized that most people on these boards would not want to pay him 20% to cosign their comic books.

OMG I never saw the consignment thread before :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: I'm dying here, my eyes are watering I'm laughing so hard :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I totally forgot about his consignment thread. That comment about his "morale compass" was hilarious. I actually thought that comment was by another member (the one people called a hero) but totally forgot it was Gabe that wrote that.

Star wars update

The owner of the lcs told me and I just shrugged it off because I didn't really care who bought my comic and then something clicked and I asked him about it.

So all in all that was pretty cool if I see him again I want his autograph.

I totally forgot about his consignment thread. That comment about his "morale compass" was hilarious. I actually thought that comment was by another member (the one people called a hero) but totally forgot it was Gabe that wrote that.

Honestly speaking not many people would do as I did

I'm not sure anyone would do as you did.

The phrase that keeps getting repeated over and over that's killing me is "I'm working on that". This refers to any area Gabe feels he has a weakness in and is taking steps to improve.

The problem is: there is never any detail provided for HOW he's "working on that".

Good goals are ALWAYS measurable. You should be able to say "yes I accomplished this because" or "no I didn't accomplish this because". Black and white.

It's not enough to say "I'm working on math/business/emotions/hygiene". What are the exact steps you're taking to work on these areas?

I am working on it and since hygiene is something that comes up often I'll address it. I trim my nails more often and I shower more and shave more.

My emotions and impulses: I already said that I know look at gpa, triple check before I buy and see if I can get a better deal.

QUANTIFY YOUR GOALS!!!

Don't say "I'll trim my nails more". Say "I'll trim my nails every Monday and Thursday". That way, you can look back after a month and say "yes I definitely made my goal" or "no I didn't make my goal".

See the difference?

The phrase "I'm working on emotions" means nothing. Which specific emotions are you working on and what exactly are you doing to improve them? In a month's time, how can you tell if you've improved or not? Again, make it quantifiable.

Ok I'm working on my emotions of impulses and desperation.

I'm improving them but taking a deep breath if I get excited, count to 10 and look at it again

Then I check gpa to see if it's a good deal and if I see if I can buy it anywhere else for a better price

Finally after I check again to make sure that it's the right comic and grade I buy it.

Someone else is going to have to field this for me. I have no words.

Yes it's not how you would do things but it how I do things.

Please trust me when I say it's not just me. Do a google search for "S.M.A.R.T criteria" as it pertains to setting goals and tell me honestly if your "goals" meet the criteria outlined.

You'd be amazed at how effective it can be to structure your goals well.

I've read that before

Did you think there was any merit to it?

Star wars update

The owner of the lcs told me and I just shrugged it off because I didn't really care who bought my comic and then something clicked and I asked him about it.

So all in all that was pretty cool if I see him again I want his autograph.

Ask the LCS owner to ask David if he knows when the next Star Wars movie announcement is coming.

I'm not sure anyone would do as you did.

Are you talking about all the threads I make or the wallet thing?

8 8