• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

The phrase that keeps getting repeated over and over that's killing me is "I'm working on that". This refers to any area Gabe feels he has a weakness in and is taking steps to improve.

The problem is: there is never any detail provided for HOW he's "working on that".

Good goals are ALWAYS measurable. You should be able to say "yes I accomplished this because" or "no I didn't accomplish this because". Black and white.

It's not enough to say "I'm working on math/business/emotions/hygiene". What are the exact steps you're taking to work on these areas?

I am working on it and since hygiene is something that comes up often I'll address it. I trim my nails more often and I shower more and shave more.

My emotions and impulses: I already said that I know look at gpa, triple check before I buy and see if I can get a better deal.

QUANTIFY YOUR GOALS!!!

Don't say "I'll trim my nails more". Say "I'll trim my nails every Monday and Thursday". That way, you can look back after a month and say "yes I definitely made my goal" or "no I didn't make my goal".

See the difference?

The phrase "I'm working on emotions" means nothing. Which specific emotions are you working on and what exactly are you doing to improve them? In a month's time, how can you tell if you've improved or not? Again, make it quantifiable.

Ok I'm working on my emotions of impulses and desperation.

I'm improving them but taking a deep breath if I get excited, count to 10 and look at it again

Then I check gpa to see if it's a good deal and if I see if I can buy it anywhere else for a better price

Finally after I check again to make sure that it's the right comic and grade I buy it.

Someone else is going to have to field this for me. I have no words.

Yes it's not how you would do things but it how I do things.

Please trust me when I say it's not just me. Do a google search for "S.M.A.R.T criteria" as it pertains to setting goals and tell me honestly if your "goals" meet the criteria outlined.

You'd be amazed at how effective it can be to structure your goals well.

I've read that before

Did you think there was any merit to it?

Yes I think there's merit to them

Star wars update

I don't have any scans that I can find but my star wars 1 was bought by David prowse and I didn't even know who he was but it was awesome to find out.

How do you know it was him?

The owner of the lcs told me and I just shrugged it off because I didn't really care who bought my comic and then something clicked and I asked him about it.

So all in all that was pretty cool if I see him again I want his autograph.

Ask the LCS owner to ask David if he knows when the next Star Wars movie announcement is coming.

Sure I can do that

The phrase that keeps getting repeated over and over that's killing me is "I'm working on that". This refers to any area Gabe feels he has a weakness in and is taking steps to improve.

The problem is: there is never any detail provided for HOW he's "working on that".

Good goals are ALWAYS measurable. You should be able to say "yes I accomplished this because" or "no I didn't accomplish this because". Black and white.

It's not enough to say "I'm working on math/business/emotions/hygiene". What are the exact steps you're taking to work on these areas?

I am working on it and since hygiene is something that comes up often I'll address it. I trim my nails more often and I shower more and shave more.

My emotions and impulses: I already said that I know look at gpa, triple check before I buy and see if I can get a better deal.

QUANTIFY YOUR GOALS!!!

Don't say "I'll trim my nails more". Say "I'll trim my nails every Monday and Thursday". That way, you can look back after a month and say "yes I definitely made my goal" or "no I didn't make my goal".

See the difference?

The phrase "I'm working on emotions" means nothing. Which specific emotions are you working on and what exactly are you doing to improve them? In a month's time, how can you tell if you've improved or not? Again, make it quantifiable.

I'm improving them but taking a deep breath if I get excited, count to 10 and look at it again

Then I check gpa to see if it's a good deal and if I see if I can buy it anywhere else for a better price

Finally after I check again to make sure that it's the right comic and grade I buy it.

Please trust me when I say it's not just me. Do a google search for "S.M.A.R.T criteria" as it pertains to setting goals and tell me honestly if your "goals" meet the criteria outlined.

I've read that before

Then why not apply the concepts to your current goals? A goal is something you should be able to write out clearly and succinctly.

I believe the word you are looking for is 'consign'.

This guy gave you the answer Gabe. You mixed up words in your head. There is a person who co-signs for a loan and there is a time when you give something to someone else to sell for a percentage which is to consign a book. Mixing up a word is not the end of the world but a simple google search for your word would help you clear things up. Yet another instance where you have to actually understand what is being said (written) rather then just reacting.

No actually this is another instance where you assumed something again, I checked out the word before I responded and was confused why it didn't match what I was thinking. What I view consigns for is a loan for a car, house, school or business.

hm

you are joking, right?

don't believe 1Cool or Ryan were incorrect in the least......

con·sign

kənˈsīn/

verb

3rd person present: consigns

deliver (something) to a person's custody, typically in order for it to be sold.

"he consigned three paintings to Sotheby's"

synonyms: assign, allocate, place, put, remit, commit

"the picture was consigned to the gallery"

I checked dictionary.com and it gave me a different answer but was talking to 1cool about assuming that I didn't check and just blurted out whatever.

So you checked dictionary.com before posting your sentence (highly doubt) and it gave you:

"co-sign

[koh-sahyn, koh-sahyn]

Spell Syllables

Word Origin

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com

verb (used with or without object)

to sign as a cosigner. "

QUANTIFY YOUR GOALS!!!

See the difference?

I've read that before

Then why not apply the concepts to your current goals? A goal is something you should be

able to write out clearly and succinctly.

I'll check them out

This guy gave you the answer Gabe. You mixed up words in your head. There is a person who co-signs for a loan and there is a time when you give something to someone else to sell for a percentage which is to consign a book. Mixing up a word is not the end of the world but a simple google search for your word would help you clear things up. Yet another instance where you have to actually understand what is being said (written) rather then just reacting.

No actually this is another instance where you assumed something again, I checked out the word before I responded and was confused why it didn't match what I was thinking. What I view consigns for is a loan for a car, house, school or business.

hm

you are joking, right?

con·sign

kənˈsīn/

verb

deliver (something) to a person's custody, typically in order for it to be sold.

I checked dictionary.com and it gave me a different answer but was talking to 1cool about assuming that I didn't check and just blurted out whatever.

So you checked dictionary.com before posting your sentence (highly doubt) and it gave you:

"co-sign

[koh-sahyn, koh-sahyn]

Spell Syllables

Word Origin

to sign as a cosigner. "

Yes that's the definition I got, so I became frustrated because I couldn't find the same thing the other boardie showed me

Edited by uchiha101

Recent purchases

IH 180 CGC 5.0 SS Stan Lee

For $11? :o

When the collecting community finally determines this is the true first appearance of Wolverine, this book will explode.

That won't happen but a lot of people argue over it.

hm

you are joking, right?

con·sign

kənˈsīn/

verb

"co-sign

[koh-sahyn, koh-sahyn]

Spell Syllables

Word Origin

to sign as a cosigner. "

Yes that's the definition I got, so I became frustrated because I couldn't find the same thing the other boardie showed me

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=consign

Edited by W16227

Recent purchases

For 191 dollars

Nice pick up. That's almost half price compared to last sale and I'd have definitely pulled the trigger at that price. Good seller so no chance of scam?

Recent purchases

For 191 dollars

so apparently no self control or budget anymore

You have a pic of the book? - might not be a bad deal at first look - but there alwayss seems to be something - does it have MVS? - is the case cracked? - CGG? Is the grade really 5.0,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Recent purchases

For 191 dollars

Nice pick up. That's almost half price compared to last sale and I'd have definitely pulled the trigger at that price. Good seller so no chance of scam?

- 325 was the last on on ebay ( not recorded on GPA) - still not a bad deal on paper if all the information is correct.

Recent purchases

For 191 dollars

so apparently no self control or budget anymore

When has there ever been any of either?

This is obviously an exception.

8 8