• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Comics sold

DC presents 26

At the risk of bruising my "out" status, it would be enlightening if you provided the details of your transactions (i.e. purchase price, fees, selling price at the very least).

Sure I got it for free and sold it for 110 usd and yes that's all after fees as it was sold at my lcs

Finally, a book you didn't overpay for ;)

That's enough money to buy another Darth Vader #3 9.8 :wishluck:

I have a couple other comics I got for free so I'll be cosigning those as well.

Just listed one of my copies on ebay. I can even drive it to the LCS for you

JYAVWj7.gif

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

hey - there is a P@X one listed for less than half of yours.....

And if that one sells (or he bumps the price up) my book is worth $500 then right cause thats the cheapest copy right? right? :baiting:

I thought about pricing it like this.

Regular cover selling for $70

Variant is 1:25

which means variant cover should be 25x more than regular right? :baiting:

there is another one - that I can get for $5 cheaper than yours (with shipping)....

:insane:

The Darth Vader #3? That book is gonna pop.

Right after the big NYCC announcement!

Trailer be dropping in Dec yo.

FCBD 4 life

Yes, yes I know you don't believe me.

Who says I don't believe you? I was looking at HG raw copies on eBay.

The phrase that keeps getting repeated over and over that's killing me is "I'm working on that". This refers to any area Gabe feels he has a weakness in and is taking steps to improve.

The problem is: there is never any detail provided for HOW he's "working on that".

Good goals are ALWAYS measurable. You should be able to say "yes I accomplished this because" or "no I didn't accomplish this because". Black and white.

It's not enough to say "I'm working on math/business/emotions/hygiene". What are the exact steps you're taking to work on these areas?

I am working on it and since hygiene is something that comes up often I'll address it. I trim my nails more often and I shower more and shave more.

My emotions and impulses: I already said that I know look at gpa, triple check before I buy and see if I can get a better deal.

QUANTIFY YOUR GOALS!!!

Don't say "I'll trim my nails more". Say "I'll trim my nails every Monday and Thursday". That way, you can look back after a month and say "yes I definitely made my goal" or "no I didn't make my goal".

See the difference?

The phrase "I'm working on emotions" means nothing. Which specific emotions are you working on and what exactly are you doing to improve them? In a month's time, how can you tell if you've improved or not? Again, make it quantifiable.

Ok I'm working on my emotions of impulses and desperation.

I'm improving them but taking a deep breath if I get excited, count to 10 and look at it again

Then I check gpa to see if it's a good deal and if I see if I can buy it anywhere else for a better price

Finally after I check again to make sure that it's the right comic and grade I buy it.

Someone else is going to have to field this for me. I have no words.

Yes it's not how you would do things but it how I do things.

Please trust me when I say it's not just me. Do a google search for "S.M.A.R.T criteria" as it pertains to setting goals and tell me honestly if your "goals" meet the criteria outlined.

You'd be amazed at how effective it can be to structure your goals well.

Comics sold

DC presents 26

At the risk of bruising my "out" status, it would be enlightening if you provided the details of your transactions (i.e. purchase price, fees, selling price at the very least).

Sure I got it for free and sold it for 110 usd and yes that's all after fees as it was sold at my lcs

JYAVWj7.gif

P@X is sketchy unless I got a really good deal on it I wouldn't buy

but it really is a good deal - less than half of what the CGC one is going for.......

Comics sold

DC presents 26

JYAVWj7.gif

And if that one sells (or he bumps the price up) my book is worth $500 then right cause thats the cheapest copy right? right? :baiting:

I thought about pricing it like this.

Regular cover selling for $70

Variant is 1:25

which means variant cover should be 25x more than regular right? :baiting:

there is another one - that I can get for $5 cheaper than yours (with shipping)....

:insane:

The Darth Vader #3? That book is gonna pop.

Right after the big NYCC announcement!

Trailer be dropping in Dec yo.

FCBD 4 life

Yes, yes I know you don't believe me.

Who says I don't believe you? I was looking at HG raw copies on eBay.

Ok thought you were being sarcastic

Edited by uchiha101

The phrase that keeps getting repeated over and over that's killing me is "I'm working on that". This refers to any area Gabe feels he has a weakness in and is taking steps to improve.

The problem is: there is never any detail provided for HOW he's "working on that".

Good goals are ALWAYS measurable. You should be able to say "yes I accomplished this because" or "no I didn't accomplish this because". Black and white.

It's not enough to say "I'm working on math/business/emotions/hygiene". What are the exact steps you're taking to work on these areas?

I am working on it and since hygiene is something that comes up often I'll address it. I trim my nails more often and I shower more and shave more.

My emotions and impulses: I already said that I know look at gpa, triple check before I buy and see if I can get a better deal.

QUANTIFY YOUR GOALS!!!

Don't say "I'll trim my nails more". Say "I'll trim my nails every Monday and Thursday". That way, you can look back after a month and say "yes I definitely made my goal" or "no I didn't make my goal".

See the difference?

The phrase "I'm working on emotions" means nothing. Which specific emotions are you working on and what exactly are you doing to improve them? In a month's time, how can you tell if you've improved or not? Again, make it quantifiable.

Ok I'm working on my emotions of impulses and desperation.

I'm improving them but taking a deep breath if I get excited, count to 10 and look at it again

Then I check gpa to see if it's a good deal and if I see if I can buy it anywhere else for a better price

Finally after I check again to make sure that it's the right comic and grade I buy it.

Someone else is going to have to field this for me. I have no words.

Yes it's not how you would do things but it how I do things.

Please trust me when I say it's not just me. Do a google search for "S.M.A.R.T criteria" as it pertains to setting goals and tell me honestly if your "goals" meet the criteria outlined.

You'd be amazed at how effective it can be to structure your goals well.

I've read that before

dont-laugh.gif

Don't go after the low hanging fruit :baiting:

Well I wouldn't call it low hanging fruit because it adds up to about 100-150 bucks.

Comics sold

DC presents 26

JYAVWj7.gif

P@X is sketchy unless I got a really good deal on it I wouldn't buy

but it really is a good deal - less than half of what the CGC one is going for.......

But after everything would be said and done I would not only waste my time but money as well since I would be paying close to what that other copy if going for and that's saying that it's the exact grade they gave it.

dont-laugh.gif

I thought you were out? And according to what I've read it said I can use both Co-sign and Cosign

Edited by uchiha101

dont-laugh.gif

Well I wouldn't call it low hanging fruit because it adds up to about 100-150 bucks.

200_s_zpspeil8xre.gif

dont-laugh.gif

200_s_zpspeil8xre.gif

lol

That was a "wow" moment.

:facepalm:

dont-laugh.gif

200_s_zpspeil8xre.gif

lol

That was a "wow" moment.

I don't understand. It was free comics am I missing something here?

dont-laugh.gif

200_s_zpspeil8xre.gif

lol

That was a "wow" moment.

Exactly.

dont-laugh.gif

200_s_zpspeil8xre.gif

lol

That was a "wow" moment.

Exactly.

I still don't get it. You guys told me to do better and I have free comics I'm selling for a profit what's better then that?

8 8