• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Yes and no, I realize that not following the budget isn't teaching me full self control but at the same time if I had only done 11 per week it would take forever to get out of debt is what I'm getting across. It's not the budget that I was set as it has more freedom to what I'm doing now but I can handle it as I am slowly changing.

Yes I broke the 11 a week budget but buying that Hulk 180 is a good start.

How is buying anything reducing debt?

Because if I buy something that I can make a profit on I'll quickly reduce debt as opposed to it taking forever.

You do realize that if you NEVER purchased a comic book, or a coin to flip, you would be ahead of the game thousands of dollars? If being static is more successful than being dynamic...time to change the way you do things.

Yes I do realize that and you may not agree but doing things better is at least being able to get better deals, buy under gpa and have a better understanding of what I buy.

But your not doing that.

You're right for the DV3 CGC 9.8 I paid over gpa even my friend told me that but I knew that prices would rise, there have also been 2 sales for 100 and 90 dollars. So the market is moving up and again this is before the trailer and announcement.

I wish you the best Gabe...but "I'm out".

Thanks

Yes and no, I realize that not following the budget isn't teaching me full self control but at the same time if I had only done 11 per week it would take forever to get out of debt is what I'm getting across. It's not the budget that I was set as it has more freedom to what I'm doing now but I can handle it as I am slowly changing.

Because if I buy something that I can make a profit on I'll quickly reduce debt as opposed to it taking forever.

You do realize that if you NEVER purchased a comic book, or a coin to flip, you would be ahead of the game thousands of dollars? If being static is more successful than being dynamic...time to change the way you do things.

Yes I do realize that and you may not agree but doing things better is at least being able to get better deals, buy under gpa and have a better understanding of what I buy.

But your not doing that.

You're right for the DV3 CGC 9.8 I paid over gpa even my friend told me that but I knew that prices would rise, there have also been 2 sales for 100 and 90 dollars. So the market is moving up and again this is before the trailer and announcement.

Don't listen to any of these guys Gabe. Speculate on comics, coins, games, pogs, go for it all. Borrow money, blow by your budget, use credit cards, you gotta spend money to make money.

Yes and no there are cases where you can make money without spending it but for the most part you're right.

But your not doing that.

Don't listen to any of these guys Gabe. Speculate on comics, coins, games, pogs, go for it all. Borrow money, blow by your budget, use credit cards, you gotta spend money to make money.

Yes and no there are cases where you can make money without spending it but for the most part you're right.

Atta boy, take my awful advice and ignore all of the wisdom in this thread. Doubt the doubters and live your life your way.

Just a lurker but saw a comment about your skin problems. Depending on the severity, if severe you can get a low dose of accutane that will work wonders. If not too bad tetracycline is also good.

Both are prescriptions so you need to see a dermatologist. No reason to have some 50 sessions.

FWIW I lived in Vancouver for a few years during my college days, had a student visa from US and was able to just walk into a clinic and get the prescription for tetracycline, I didn't pay a dime for that walk in just for the prescription. This was back in 1993.

Don't put off taking care of your body, these things can spiral out of control if you don't keep on top of it.

Just a year after I was born and I don't think I'll need 50 sessions maybe 10 to completely get rid of everything. I will ask what my situation is and what I need to do about it.

Unfortunately, I can see as you get more "deals" it'll improve your confidence which will cause you to be more wreckless with your purchase. You've already seen that with your previous purchases but after a few more good buys and sells you'll be back to thinking yourself as a baller again.

I can see that happening to but I have friends that are blunt and would deflate my head if that ever happened. I can't fear making my choices and I'm watching myself when I'm buying things so that when I think something is a good deal I stop to think about it because my emotions are the first thing that come out.

But your not doing that.

Atta boy, take my awful advice and ignore all of the wisdom in this thread. Doubt the doubters and live your life your way.

Oh? I never said I'd do what you said. I agreed that it takes money to make money nothing more and I've made good buys and finds it's just they're overshadowed by all my mistakes.

The Hulk 180 CGC 5.0 SS is my most recent find so I'm curious how that will work out.

Unfortunately, I can see as you get more "deals" it'll improve your confidence which will cause you to be more wreckless with your purchase. You've already seen that with your previous purchases but after a few more good buys and sells you'll be back to thinking yourself as a baller again.

If he was wreckless he probably wouldn't be in debt.

I was OUT before I was ever in.

Is it possible to put an entire thread on ignore? Just as a hypothetical, suppose I wanted to put this thread on ignore...could I do it? :wishluck:

I know that Janet is maintaining an "OUT" list. I think we should also maintain a "THREAD ADDICT" list...to enumerate all of you who admittedly can't stop yourselves from continued posting in this thread. How long will this go on? Are you going to keep responding in this manner as long as the OP keeps posting? For the love of holy things, please stop...just stop...sweet mother. :facepalm: Mercy....MERCY! :cry:

Just a lurker but saw a comment about your skin problems. Depending on the severity, if severe you can get a low dose of accutane that will work wonders. If not too bad tetracycline is also good.

Both are prescriptions so you need to see a dermatologist. No reason to have some 50 sessions.

FWIW I lived in Vancouver for a few years during my college days, had a student visa from US and was able to just walk into a clinic and get the prescription for tetracycline, I didn't pay a dime for that walk in just for the prescription. This was back in 1993.

Don't put off taking care of your body, these things can spiral out of control if you don't keep on top of it.

Just a year after I was born and I don't think I'll need 50 sessions maybe 10 to completely get rid of everything. I will ask what my situation is and what I need to do about it.

You use this line for everything you fail at. You know you're not going to do anything because you're either not going to go or it's because it's too much work.

Just think Gabe, if you find and make $125 on a mere 94 more flips this year, that would be the equivalent of working just another 20 hours per week at a minimum wage job for a year.

Sounds completely plausible to me for you.

The point of this right now isn't to have it overtake my job right now but do this as a side thing. Getting out of debt is just one of those steps as well as learning to be more aggressive in my offers and actually understanding the market of the book I'm buying as with the DV 3 CGC 9.8

You use this line for everything you fail at. You know you're not going to do anything because you're either not going to go or it's because it's too much work.

I was talking about the dermatologist and what could it hurt to ask?

Is it possible to put an entire thread on ignore? Just as a hypothetical, suppose I wanted to put this thread on ignore...could I do it? :wishluck:

I know that Janet is maintaining an "OUT" list. I think we should also maintain a "THREAD ADDICT" list...to enumerate all of you who admittedly can't stop yourselves from continued posting in this thread. How long will this go on? Are you going to keep responding in this manner as long as the OP keeps posting? For the love of holy things, please stop...just stop...sweet mother. :facepalm: Mercy....MERCY! :cry:

If you hate this thread so much why bother to read it much less comment on it? But to answer your question I'm not sure ask a mod.

Edited by uchiha101

If you hate this thread so much why bother to read it much less comment on it? But to answer your question just I'm not sure ask a mod.

I knew this was coming. ;)

:facepalm:

8 8