• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

14801132_1249344915117796_966915643_n.jpg

14800773_1249347515117536_314230924_n.jpg

Nice! How much are you going to try to sell it for?

I concur, this was a very good deal.

I'd like to see a lot more of these and less of the emotional buys :)

Thanks people don't believe me when I said I'm changing. Changing anything about your personality isn't something that's done overnight. More of these deals will happen.

Actions speak louder than words. You've said this before and since then you've purchased the DV3 and the ASM 101 pink variant...and have admitted that both of those might've been mistakes.

Stop talking about it and just start doing it and stop being so damn defensive when people are trying to help you.

The asm 101 because of the grade I thought it was and the DV 3 I bought the day of hype which was a mistake.

OK, don't do that again.

Not just that - you need to change how you BUY books.

If you bought the ASM 101 for yourself - the price might have been a little high, but not over the top outrageous - as long as you personally did not mind the ink.

For resale? - not even in the ballpark. The research I showed you - you could have compared books instead of trying to assign a grade and come to the conclusion that this was not a flipper price.

DV 3 I bought the day of hype which was a mistake

the correct statement -

DV 3 I bought a hype book because of the hype.

Seriously - you need to stop chasing hype books. The people that benefit from hype bump ( if there is any) - are the ones that bought the book at a low price point and have them in stock. If you try to chase after the fact - you are one of those making $$$ for others.

A test for you - buy analysis......

Pretend you are looking for an ASM 7 as only a reader (for yourself - not for flipping) - so you decide to purchase a cover-less.

research the two listed on ebay and get back to us - what did you find and what actions would you take?

this should be less than a 10 minute exercise.....

My friend bought aphra for cheap and was buying graded copies for cheap as well because he told me to buy three days before I bought the dv 3 which was exactly when the hype started. So yes I bought a hype book when it was being hyped.

I see a 1.8 and 2.5 The 1.8 is for $275 and the 2.5 is for $270 and yes I know 2.5 isn't considered a reading copy but it's the closest thing I found. The actions I would take it buy a reprint or a coverless, However if I had to have it I'd lowball every copy until I find a person that agrees to my price.

1. Ignore hype books. You have less than a 20% hit rate on them ( you lose money more than 80% of the time.

2. What exactly did you research?

COVERLESS ASM 7

1.8 and 2.5? - cover-less is incomplete - .5

You are one of the two sellers with this specific book on ebay - this was intentional - so see if you can look at 2 listings and compare. This is a HUGE leak of yours - stop rushing and evaluate.

If I were looking at this ( and mind you - few people are really looking for a coverless ASM 7)

two listings found

both are ~ 100, one with best offer - the other with free shipping,

One at best offer - condition looks MUCH worse than the one with free shipping. Page quality is several shades lower and a huge chunk out of it. Staples much worse.

Gabe - visually these two books are leagues apart - even though they both technically are .5 ish....

If I were a buyer for this particular item - I would go with MCS regardless of the best offer option - and I would also note that MCS has an online sire where you can buy the book cheaper.......

You have to be able to recognize these details. This was a simple example - especially considering there were only items to compare - and one was from your own listings.............

Edited by W16227

1. Ignore hype books. You have less than a 20% hit rate on them ( you lose money more than 80% of the time.

COVERLESS ASM 7

You are one of the two sellers with this specific book on ebay - this was intentional - so see if you can look at 2 listings and compare. This is a HUGE leak of yours - stop rushing and evaluate.

If I were looking at this ( and mind you - few people are really looking for a coverless ASM 7)

two listings found

One at best offer - condition looks MUCH worse than the one with free shipping. Page quality is several shades lower and a huge chunk out of it. Staples much worse.

Gabe - visually these two books are leagues apart - even though they both technically are .5 ish....

If I were a buyer for this particular item - I would go with MCS regardless of the best offer option - and I would also note that MCS has an online sire where you can buy the book cheaper.......

You have to be able to recognize these details. This was a simple example - especially considering there were only items to compare - and one was from your own listings.............

I thought you were talking about price and grade only that's why I only gave you that and you told me to look for a reader copy asm 7 not coverless I consider those two different things.

Edited by uchiha101

COVERLESS ASM 7

two listings found

I thought you were talking about price and grade only that's why I only gave you that and you told me to look for a reader copy asm 7 not coverless I consider those two different things.

Pretend you are looking for an

ASM 7 as only a reader (for yourself - not for flipping) - so you decide to purchase a cover-less.

COVERLESS ASM 7

two listings found

ASM 7 as only a reader (for yourself - not for flipping) - so you decide to purchase a cover-less.

To me it wouldn't matter I would just want a copy that's complete and the musty smell isn't so bad but if something is the same price and I have a choice I'd choose the better one

COVERLESS ASM 7

two listings found

To me it wouldn't matter I would just want a copy that's complete and the musty smell isn't so bad but if something is the same price and I have a choice I'd choose the better one

You are still missing the point -

This was a very simple exercise - even more so considering one of the books was yours -

You failed to even read the full description for the task.

Attention to detail - is KEY to doing this.

At least you did recognize that your price was too high and lowered it.

Might want to remove the. "Complete" note from the listing

A book without a cover is not complete.......................

Small details like this - are important

COVERLESS ASM 7

two listings found

This was a very simple exercise - even more so considering one of the books was yours -

Yeah but people have to know if the coverless comic is missing wraps or not that makes the difference if people want to boy it or just leave it. I already tried free shipping before and it's not worth it.

Edited by uchiha101

COVERLESS ASM 7

two listings found

Yeah but people have to know if the coverless comic is missing wraps or not that makes the difference if people want to boy it or just leave it. I already tried free shipping before and it's not worth it.

again you fail

you have a 1:1 example staring you in the face - and yet you make things up in your head that are not there.

MCS has the exact same book for sale

exact same - with some visual and condition differences that are easy to spot

nowhere on the MCS listing is the word "complete" - they stated coverless - show a good scan. If their copy were missing wraps - they would have listed it. I would also be fairly confident that MCS would not even bother with that book if it had missing wraps.

a coverless book is not complete

I used to think that your persistence could be leveraged in your favor - and that you would use your tenacity to apply the advice and get better.

The past month or so - have really convinced me that you will continue to make things up to justify your actions - no matter what advice you get.

have fun

60716808.jpg

COVERLESS ASM 7

two listings found

again you fail

you have a 1:1 example staring you in the face - and yet you make things up in your head that are not there.

MCS has the exact same book for sale

exact same - with some visual and condition differences that are easy to spot

nowhere on the MCS listing is the word "complete" - they stated coverless - show a good scan. If their copy were missing wraps - they would have listed it. I would also be fairly confident that MCS would not even bother with that book if it had missing wraps.

a coverless book is not complete

I used to think that your persistence could be leveraged in your favor - and that you would use your tenacity to apply the advice and get better.

The past month or so - have really convinced me that you will continue to make things up to justify your actions - no matter what advice you get.

have fun

60716808.jpg

Ok thanks

Comics Purchased

Batman 189 CGC 7.0 Restored Paid $108usd

The last two shown on GPA went for $95 and $105. What on God's green earth would possess you to think this was a good book to flip?

Oh wait, what on God's green earth would make me think there was any real thought put into it.

1cocqw.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

8 8