• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, uchiha101 said:

That's correct but like I said I'll reveal how much I paid for it after I sell the comics because what fun would it be to spoil the game 

If this goes the way of your coverless ASM #7, DV #3 and FF #53's we all may be waiting awhile...

10 hours ago, uchiha101 said:

It's not going like I want because people keep selling it cheaper then it should be going but she has a lot going for her. Remember how I said she would get her own toy about 6-8 months ago? Well she did and I heard a rumor from some insider friends that's she a jedi 

um .... FMV?

people are willing to pay "X" for a given book, people are willing to sell at that number......

when you have a lot of that going on ( happens all of the time with moderns) - you get a trackable FMV

I remember someone somewhere guaranteeing that her inclusion in a movie was guaranteed to be announced late last year.......

1 hour ago, W16227 said:
12 hours ago, uchiha101 said:

It's not going like I want because people keep selling it cheaper then it should be going but she has a lot going for her. Remember how I said she would get her own toy about 6-8 months ago? Well she did and I heard a rumor from some insider friends that's she a jedi 

um .... FMV?

people are willing to pay "X" for a given book, people are willing to sell at that number......

when you have a lot of that going on ( happens all of the time with moderns) - you get a trackable FMV

I remember someone somewhere guaranteeing that her inclusion in a movie was guaranteed to be announced late last year.......

I'm more interested in the fact that you have alleged 'insider friends' who might have info on whether aphra will be a jedi in the future.  If you have that kind of access and you're still losing, you're doing it wrong. 

14 hours ago, Red84 said:

This lot of books in 7.0/7.5 condition did not sell with a starting price of $500.  May want to rethink your valuation of $800 for a handful of issues.

1 hour ago, Red84 said:

This lot of books in 7.0/7.5 condition did not sell with a starting price of $500.  May want to rethink your valuation of $800 for a handful of issues.

seller just relisted with $300 opening bid......

Gabe - this is the research you need to do before making wild claims about how much you will sell things for.  So many people here within minutes - find examples of why your asking price is outrageous and will most likely not get you any real offers.  You do not have to be as fast as everyone else - but be thorough.

Given how you are "hiding" what you paid - I would almost think that you got them for a steal. If so - price them to move and get out quick.  Stop trying to imagine trends or movers - and price right. 

Edited by W16227

3 minutes ago, W16227 said:

Gabe - this is the research you need to do before making wild claims about how much you will sell things for.  So many people here within minutes - find examples of why your asking price is outrageous and will most likely not get you any real offers.  You do not have to be as fast as everyone else - but be thorough.

Given how you are "hiding" what you paid - I would almost think that you got them for a steal. If so - price them to move and get out quick.  Stop trying to imagine trends or movers - and price right. 

what you fail to understand is that Gabe is Canada, which will make it easier for him to sell at a higher price, because there's so many more people there, and also US buyers LOVE to buy things from foreign countries, and potentially deal with translation fees, high shipping fees, longer wait times, possible customs issues, and tougher problem resolutions.  In my experience, all of those things should result in him achieving HIGHER prices that what we can see with our 'research'. 

You achieve especially HIGHER prices when the seller doesn't have a ton of feedback, but does have a learning (and/or emotional) disorder that may prevent him from fully grasping the full picture of how business probably should work (*I don't mean to downplay the impact of various disorders, but I do mean to imply that the OP downplays/ignores the impact of his in pursuing financial gains in a topic he many never fully understand and therefore will likely never be successful at).  Not that one can't be successful in other ways, but you can't make a blueberry pie if you don't have blueberries, no matter how much you love blueberry pie, even if you have the best recipe ever.  See what ingredients you do have, see what you can grow and develop given your specific situation.

11 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

If this goes the way of your coverless ASM #7, DV #3 and FF #53's we all may be waiting awhile...

No the invincible comics won't take long to sell

10 hours ago, W16227 said:

um .... FMV?

Yes I believe she had a cameo and yes I do know FMV but I'm also willing to see what people offer before hand

6 hours ago, Red84 said:

Again it's a lot not a single issue or two so that's to be expected 

Just now, uchiha101 said:

Again it's a lot not a single issue or two so that's to be expected 

This makes no sense.  You said you're going to sell your books in a lot as well and you are asking $800 for less than 10 issues while someone who was selling a run of 30+ issues in the same condition as your books could not get $500 for them.  Are your handful of books magical such that they defy the market?

4 hours ago, W16227 said:

I already did my research on the comics beforehand and like I said lots don't really matter to me unless is somehow brings the prices down of single issues which it doesn't. My listing will have OBO on it as well and should something happen to drastically change the prices I'll price it accordingly like I said I want to see how much people are willing to offer.

2 hours ago, Red84 said:

This makes no sense.  You said you're going to sell your books in a lot as well and you are asking $800 for less than 10 issues while someone who was selling a run of 30+ issues in the same condition as your books could not get $500 for them.  Are your handful of books magical such that they defy the market?

No but the more you add the less value the whole lot will have 

1 minute ago, uchiha101 said:

3 minutes ago, Red84 said:

No but the more you add the less value the whole lot will have 

So you're handful of books are worth $800, but if you add 30 books to yours they would decrease in value to less than $500?

That makes ZERO sense.

Please explain how your books are worth even half of your asking price.

4 hours ago, revat said:

what you fail to understand is that Gabe is Canada, which will make it easier for him to sell at a higher price, because there's so many more people there, and also US buyers LOVE to buy things from foreign countries, and potentially deal with translation fees, high shipping fees, longer wait times, possible customs issues, and tougher problem resolutions.  In my experience, all of those things should result in him achieving HIGHER prices that what we can see with our 'research'. 

You achieve especially HIGHER prices when the seller doesn't have a ton of feedback, but does have a learning (and/or emotional) disorder that may prevent him from fully grasping the full picture of how business probably should work (*I don't mean to downplay the impact of various disorders, but I do mean to imply that the OP downplays/ignores the impact of his in pursuing financial gains in a topic he many never fully understand and therefore will likely never be successful at).  Not that one can't be successful in other ways, but you can't make a blueberry pie if you don't have blueberries, no matter how much you love blueberry pie, even if you have the best recipe ever.  See what ingredients you do have, see what you can grow and develop given your specific situation.

So what's your point? That I didn't research properly? I already said I don't care about the price of the lot and the comics are in the states so you assumed wrong

2 hours ago, Red84 said:

So you're handful of books are worth $800, but if you add 30 books to yours they would decrease in value to less than $500?

That makes ZERO sense.

It will be $800 OBO for the sole reason of just testing to see offers and you think it doesn't make sense but lots don't get the full value of what each comic is worth make sense?

2 minutes ago, uchiha101 said:

It will be $800 OBO for the sole reason of just testing to see offers and you think it doesn't make sense but lots don't get the full value of what each comic is worth make sense?

Is this what you truly think or are you trying to paraphrase what someone told you?  It seems someone gave you some advice and you're mixing it up by trying to make it sound smart which isn't working.  

Just now, uchiha101 said:

1 minute ago, Red84 said:

That makes ZERO sense.

No. Still makes zero sense.  You have also stated that you are selling the books as a lot.  So you are claiming lots don't make their maximum value yet you are selling your books as a lot and expecting to get more than 200% of their value.  Unless you are including 5 $100 bills with your books they are not selling for $800.  And when you ask more than double what something is worth you're also not going to get any real offers.

Here's some super secret news... people don't want random issues of a modern book in 7.0 condition. :gossip:

Just did a quick look at gpa and you know how much CGC 7.5 Walking Dead 2, 3, 4, and 5 go for? Around $550.  Walking Dead is only the mostly popular TV show outside of Game of Thrones so I'm sure a random one off movie for Invincible will create Walking Dead prices. :facepalm:

Your books are worth around $300.  Realize that or enjoy keeping them forever.

2 hours ago, 50AE_DE said:

Is this what you truly think or are you trying to paraphrase what someone told you?  It seems someone gave you some advice and you're mixing it up by trying to make it sound smart which isn't working.  

No, it's what I'm truly thinking that's why I said prices of sold comic lots are irrelevant unless if affects single issues

6 minutes ago, uchiha101 said:

Are you asking $800 CDN or USD (about $585 USD)?  If are asking $800 USD you are totally off your rocker.

Your 'reasoning' is just so out in left field...It is like you are trying to rationalize (yet another) bad purchase that will cost you money.

8 8