• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Red84 said:

No. Still makes zero sense.  You have also stated that you are selling the books as a lot.  So you are claiming lots don't make their maximum value yet you are selling your books as a lot and expecting to get more than 200% of their value.  Unless you are including 5 $100 bills with your books they are not selling for $800.  And when you ask more than double what something is worth you're also not going to get any real offers.

Here's some super secret news... people don't want random issues of a modern book in 7.0 condition. :gossip:

Just did a quick look at gpa and you know how much CGC 7.5 Walking Dead 2, 3, 4, and 5 go for? Around $550.  Walking Dead is only the mostly popular TV show outside of Game of Thrones so I'm sure a random one off movie for Invincible will create Walking Dead prices. :facepalm:

Your books are worth around $300.  Realize that or enjoy keeping them forever.

That's the beauty of waiting and putting up an OBO while they're heating up and if you're comparing something at least compare the right comics

2 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Are you asking $800 CDN or USD (about $585 USD)?  If are asking $800 USD you are totally off your rocker.

Your 'reasoning' is just so out in left field...It is like you are trying to rationalize (yet another) bad purchase that will cost you money.

I'm asking $800 USD and there's nothing wrong with my reasoning, I gave you plenty of answers why I'm going to do so and in case you missed it I said if prices changes I will adjust mine accordingly

Just now, uchiha101 said:
3 minutes ago, Red84 said:

No. Still makes zero sense.  You have also stated that you are selling the books as a lot.  So you are claiming lots don't make their maximum value yet you are selling your books as a lot and expecting to get more than 200% of their value.  Unless you are including 5 $100 bills with your books they are not selling for $800.  And when you ask more than double what something is worth you're also not going to get any real offers.

Here's some super secret news... people don't want random issues of a modern book in 7.0 condition. :gossip:

Just did a quick look at gpa and you know how much CGC 7.5 Walking Dead 2, 3, 4, and 5 go for? Around $550.  Walking Dead is only the mostly popular TV show outside of Game of Thrones so I'm sure a random one off movie for Invincible will create Walking Dead prices. :facepalm:

Your books are worth around $300.  Realize that or enjoy keeping them forever.

That's the beauty of waiting and putting up an OBO while they're heating up and if you're comparing something at least compare the right comics

:facepalm:

the movie announcement was last month, meaning a bump in price already occurred.  Unless you think a trailer is going to increase the value of your books more than 2x you are waiting for something that will never occur.  

Compare the right books?  I was showing you that early Walking Dead books aren't even worth that much so clearly Invincible early books will not be worth even close to that amount.  

2 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Yeah @Red84 at least compare the right comics! Sheesh! Don't you know ANYTHING???

:foryou:

Walking dead and Invincible are two separate things so it wouldn't make sense to compare them

2 hours ago, Red84 said:

the movie announcement was last month, meaning a bump in price already occurred.  Unless you think a trailer is going to increase the value of your books more than 2x you are waiting for something that will never occur.  

Compare the right books?  I was showing you that early Walking Dead books aren't even worth that much so clearly Invincible early books will not be worth even close to that amount.  

You think that the announcement is the only thing that will raise it's value? Well I don't I'm waiting for the trailer and that said you have no idea what I paid for them.

Just now, Red84 said:

You think that the announcement is the only thing that will raise it's value? Well I don't I'm waiting for the trailer and that said you have no idea what I paid for them.

What you paid for the books has ZERO impact on what they are worth.

Ok, i'll bite on the 'books in america'.  I get that it will open up your market and save you on some costs for shipping and maybe translations fees (generally good things), but does that mean you're not taking the pictures yourself or examining the books you're selling in person?  Are you paying someone to help?  Are they qualified?  Are you gaining the experience you need to improve as a 'professional'?   grading, packing, taking pics are all important things that can be improved with repetition.

Also, about the over-pricing with best offer options, what is the endgame?  Collect offer data for a month then lower the price? a year? How do you know when to sell?  Just hope that if/when the price starts to go up you set an autoaccept at $750?  Do you have SOOOOO many copies that you need to collect data to optimize each sale? Are even capable mathematically of processing the data?  I can see pricing it a little bit high, but most people just skip the ridiculous ones.

Why don't you "enlighten us" then with what you paid? 

1 minute ago, uchiha101 said:
3 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Yeah @Red84 at least compare the right comics! Sheesh! Don't you know ANYTHING???

:foryou:

Walking dead and Invincible are two separate things so it wouldn't make sense to compare them

You only compare 2 separate things, otherwise it's the SAME thing. (thumbsu

Just now, Wall-Crawler said:
2 minutes ago, uchiha101 said:

Why don't you "enlighten us" then with what you paid? 

It's a secret :gossip:

11 minutes ago, Red84 said:

You only compare 2 separate things, otherwise it's the SAME thing. (thumbsu

Ok then let me compare batman 1 and nm 98 because it's the same thing

This statement tells me you are on the right track! (thumbsu

8 8