• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, uchiha101 said:

That was February and now it's may so that's quite a bit of time especially when things are heating up 

So you revealed what you are asking...What did you pay? What you are asking means zip until you get cash in hand.

8 minutes ago, uchiha101 said:

That was February and now it's may so that's quite a bit of time especially when things are heating up 

How about April?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Invincible-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-25-50-75-96-Robert-Kirkman-Ottley-Walking-Dead-/371908932486?hash=item56977ff386:g:8gQAAOSwdGFY0I2X

2 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

So you revealed what you are asking...What did you pay? What you are asking means zip until you get cash in hand.

That's correct but like I said I'll reveal how much I paid for it after I sell the comics because what fun would it be to spoil the game 

Just now, uchiha101 said:

That's correct but like I said I'll reveal how much I paid for it after I sell the comics because what fun would it be to spoil the game 

How did that Star Wars #3 work out for you?  You were really trying to say what a big deal that book was going to be if blah...blah...blah...  Did you ever sell that book for the big dollars you said you would make?

2 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Well those are great finds for sure but selling in lots lowers value on what you're selling as a whole so it's good for the buyer but bad for the seller unless they got the comics cheap or off the racks

2 hours ago, 50AE_DE said:

How did that Star Wars #3 work out for you?  You were really trying to say what a big deal that book was going to be if blah...blah...blah...  Did you ever sell that book for the big dollars you said you would make?

What star wars 3? you mean dv3?

12 minutes ago, uchiha101 said:

Well those are great finds for sure but selling in lots lowers value on what you're selling as a whole so it's good for the buyer but bad for the seller unless they got the comics cheap or off the racks

So I take it you're selling your books individually? 

Yes,  dv3.

It's not going like I want because people keep selling it cheaper then it should be going but she has a lot going for her. Remember how I said she would get her own toy about 6-8 months ago? Well she did and I heard a rumor from some insider friends that's she a jedi 

So I take it you're selling your books individually? 

I'll be selling them in a lot unless I undegraded them but in any case I paid a good price for them so I'm not worried

2 minutes ago, uchiha101 said:

It's not going like I want because people keep selling it cheaper then it should be going but she has a lot going for her. Remember how I said she would get her own toy about 6-8 months ago? Well she did and I heard a rumor from some insider friends that's she a jedi 

Are they selling it cheaper because all the rumors about her are not enough to support interest, and price,  for the character?   Or is it because the speculators mover on to something else?   

Are they selling it cheaper because all the rumors about her are not enough to support interest, and price,  for the character?   Or is it because the speculators mover on to something else?   

I would say it's a mix of three things, not enough interest, impatience, and money. Aphra is definitely up there and has many things going for her but at the same time interest is waning and it's causing people to panic and selling for cheaper then they should. Finally, money if someone buys it cheap and gets any amount their going to pump and dump which brings down the average but having them still make a profit

21 minutes ago, uchiha101 said:

I would say it's a mix of three things, not enough interest, impatience, and money. Aphra is definitely up there and has many things going for her but at the same time interest is waning and it's causing people to panic and selling for cheaper then they should. Finally, money if someone buys it cheap and gets any amount their going to pump and dump which brings down the average but having them still make a profit

There is definitely some demand for the book as it is still selling, but it's just not selling at the high price speculators were hoping for.   I don't think it's panic selling but rather panic buying which resulted in the higher price for the book and then settling back down.  FOMO is what caused it to go up and then back down.   Sellers are dumping this book because it was a turd for them and moving onto the next book.   If the character was as good as you say then interest wouldn't be waning. 

Edited by 50AE_DE

There is definitely some demand all for the book as it is still selling, but it's just not selling at the high price speculators were hoping for.   I don't think it's panic selling but rather panic buying which resulted in the higher price for the book.  FOMO is what caused it to go up and then back down.   Sellers are dumping this book because it was a turd for them and moving onto the next book.   If the character was as good as you say then interest wouldn't be waning.   It's waning because spec sellers can't profit off of her now. 

I agree that it's still holding demand and it was at a few points in time going into the higher figures and as high as 250 before people were losing interest, prices were dropping and people were panicking. What's FOMO? Well she has her own separate series, her own toy, marvel's first original character in a while, low print run, and a possible jedi and bisexual. People aren't willing to wait but it will be worth it 

8 hours ago, uchiha101 said:

I agree that it's still holding demand and it was at a few points in time going into the higher figures and as high as 250 before people were losing interest, prices were dropping and people were panicking. What's FOMO? Well she has her own separate series, her own toy, marvel's first original character in a while, low print run, and a possible jedi and bisexual. People aren't willing to wait but it will be worth it 

FOMO = fear of missing out.  

8 8