• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Today's thoughts

I'll bump my asm 300 as I've gotten interest in it

I'll stop trades till 2017

I need to get my money back from that trade it's bugging me

Trades update

I will not do trades till 2017, I repeat no trading for me till 2017!!!

Unless he mentions "no deals till 2017" elsewhere, he does say "no trades til 2017." I still don't think the kid will learn since he is making sales from generous forum members.

Thanks

Recent Purchases

Man thing 2

Marvel Premiere 1

ASM 129 CGC 8.5

doh!

VERY interested to know what you paid for the ASM #129 CGC 8.5

Were these internet finds? Did you "break in" your new credit card with these buys?

This is a internet find and I purchased this with my paypal money and I paid 956 usd for it.

...I'm slowly getting better at making deals and my comic debt is going down only 1100 more to go.

Recent Purchases

Man thing 2

Marvel Premiere 1

ASM 129 CGC 8.5

Are you saying that you're currently in debt $1,100 from buying comics, and on top of that, you've now bought these?

[/quote/]

That would be correct but the reason why I'm in debt isn't because I bought comics it's because I've been scammed 3 times. ASM 129 will be a quick seller so I'm not worried and already have two people interested.

...I'm slowly getting better at making deals and my comic debt is going down only 1100 more to go.

Recent Purchases

Man thing 2

Marvel Premiere 1

ASM 129 CGC 8.5

Are you saying that you're currently in debt $1,100 from buying comics, and on top of that, you've now bought these?

He's saying that overall he is down $1100 in his comic "business."

That would be correct.

Recent Purchases

Man thing 2

Marvel Premiere 1

ASM 129 CGC 8.5

STOP BUYING!!!!

Why would you buy a Man Thing 2?

You should be saving your money, not trying to flip expensive comics. We have all told you this.

Where did you get the ASM 129? That is an expensive book to be buying when you have no savings and almost no income.

The man thing 2 was a 2 dollar comic and the asm 129 is a quick flip and I already have some people interested.

Recent Purchases

Man thing 2

Marvel Premiere 1

ASM 129 CGC 8.5

STOP BUYING!!!!

You should be saving your money, not trying to flip expensive comics. We have all told you this.

Where did you get the ASM 129? That is an expensive book to be buying when you have no savings and almost no income.

:gossip: I'm guessing his new credit card...

My paypal money

Recent Purchases

Man thing 2

Marvel Premiere 1

ASM 129 CGC 8.5

STOP BUYING!!!!

The man thing 2 was a 2 dollar comic and the asm 129 is a quick flip and I already have some people interested.

Yeah, sure ASM #129 sells, but the 90 Day GPA is $1075. Last sale was a high at $1200...If you paid $956 for it, what are you hoping to resell it at?

Was that $$$ in your PayPal include the $700 "gift" you just received from the "sale" of the BB#28?

Recent Purchases

Man thing 2

Marvel Premiere 1

ASM 129 CGC 8.5

STOP BUYING!!!!

:gossip: I'm guessing his new credit card...

My paypal money

There is no such thing as Paypal money. There is just money.

Whether you have it in cash, in your bank account, or sitting in your paypal account, it is all the same thing.

That would be correct but the reason why I'm in debt isn't because I bought comics it's because I've been scammed 3 times. ASM 129 will be a quick seller so I'm not worried and already have two people interested.

Well ... this is a new development.

Man, I think it is way past time for you give this up. You need to stop buying comics and sell everything you have. Give up this foolish dream and focus on your life and getting it straightened out. This is more advice you won't listen to like the other that has come before it but it is time to grow up.

Recent Purchases

Man thing 2

Marvel Premiere 1

ASM 129 CGC 8.5

[/quote/]

:facepalm:

the fact that you cannot see the connection here is probably the source of a lot of the boards frustrations -

You were scammed because you made bad choices trying to deal in comic books. Unless you change - you will get scammed again.

EDIT BELOW ( cuz Logan makes a great point)

Until you are working at least 30 hours a week at a job, have a plan in place for a full time career, have moved out, and have 6 months of "living expense" savings (not used for comics) -you should not be buying anything.

Once you have real life sorted out - then and only then should you think about getting back into comics - then start small by working on collection deals and with $10-$20 dollar comics. This actually has a decent return if you work hard - and you also learn a lot of the details needed - and also you limit how much risk you take.

Edited by W16227

Recent Purchases

Man thing 2

Marvel Premiere 1

ASM 129 CGC 8.5

[/quote/]

the fact that you cannot see the connection here is probably the source of a lot of the boards frustrations -

You were scammed because you made bad choices trying to deal in comic books. Unless you change - you will get scammed again.

You should be working on collection deals and with $10-$20 dollar comics. This actually has a decent return if you work hard - and you also learn a lot of the details needed - and also you limit how much risk you take.

No offense to you but this is bad advice IMHO. He needs to get his act together and learn to put on his big boy pants before he does any "wheeling and dealing" with comics books.

Recent Purchases

Man thing 2

Marvel Premiere 1

ASM 129 CGC 8.5

[/quote/]

You should be working on collection deals and with $10-$20 dollar comics. This actually has a decent return if you work hard - and you also learn a lot of the details needed - and also you limit how much risk you take.

No offense to you but this is bad advice IMHO. He needs to get his act together and learn to put on his bog boy pants before he does any "wheeling and dealing" with comics books.

NONE TAKEN - I edited my post to reflect what you (and others) have been saying as well. So many layers of things that should be addressed.....

Man, I think it is way past time for you give this up. You need to stop buying comics and sell everything you have. Give up this foolish dream and focus on your life and getting it straightened out. This is more advice you won't listen to like the other that has come before it but it is time to grow up.

This is great advice that the OP will, as usual, completely ignore. Gabe reminds me of my next door neighbors. They are in their 60s and have 3 kids. Two of those are grown, with families, careers and HOMES of their own. The third? You guessed it, a slightly older version of Gabe. He is 35 years old and lives in his parents basement. I don't know if he's ever been on his own, but he's been living there for the 8 years since his parents moved in. He's a nice guy, but he'd be just as nice if he wasn't approaching middle age and still mooching off of his parents. He has a job, but he's perfectly okay with his mom and dad, who are already past retirement age, not only still working, but working harder and longer to support HIM. Does this sound like anyone the readers of this thread are familiar with? Now I know that if Gabe even responds to this, it will be with one of his canned statements of how his situation isn't his fault, no one will hire him for a better, or even a full time job and how he intends to move out on his own eventually. Lip service is cheap, and I believe what I see once I reach my limit of hearing someone say one thing and then do something completely different, and I reached that point with Gabe about 2 years ago. The only way Gabe will ever change is if his parents get tired of supporting him and toss him out. When and if that ever happens, he'll find out in a hurry that there is no such thing as PayPal money or living money or whatever adjective he wants to use to describe funds that he spends on expensive comics that should be spent on supporting himself. Like another boardie pointed out, there is only money, and there won't be any left over for any non-essentials if he ever does have to truly support himself. I'm sure that like my neighbor, Gabe is not a bad guy, but for crying out loud, he is in his mid 20s, living in his parents basement AND spending $1000.00 at a clip on comic books, while at the same time not even working full time at a minimum wage job. On what planet does that even begin to make sense? The only difference that I can see between Gabe and my neighbors son, besides Gabe being 10 years or so younger, is my neighbors kid spends his "extra" money on weed and Gabe spends his ( or someone's) on comic books. I'll go out on a limb and say that if this thread is still around ten years from now, Gabe will be in exactly the same place, saying and doing exactly the same things. Why? Because he doesn't want to change or to improve his situation, at least not enough to work for it, and flipping comics, in Gabes case, is not working for it. When you have been doing something for 2 and 1/2 years and still are in the red, you are not successful at it, but when your parents are still supporting you, you can continue to "invest" in comics and then make excuses like "I've been scammed 3 times" when things don't turn out the way you want them to. If Gabe ever has to live in the real world, with a full time job that has to support him, he is in for a rude awakening, and it's called REAL LIFE.

This is great advice that the OP will, as usual, completely ignore. Gabe reminds me of my next door neighbors. They are in their 60s and have 3 kids. Two of those are grown, with families, careers and HOMES of their own. The third? You guessed it, a slightly older version of Gabe. He is 35 years old and lives in his parents basement. I don't know if he's ever been on his own, but he's been living there for the 8 years since his parents moved in. He's a nice guy, but he'd be just as nice if he wasn't approaching middle age and still mooching off of his parents. He has a job, but he's perfectly okay with his mom and dad, who are already past retirement age, not only still working, but working harder and longer to support HIM. Does this sound like anyone the readers of this thread are familiar with? Now I know that if Gabe even responds to this, it will be with one of his canned statements of how his situation isn't his fault, no one will hire him for a better, or even a full time job and how he intends to move out on his own eventually. Lip service is cheap, and I believe what I see once I reach my limit of hearing someone say one thing and then do something completely different, and I reached that point with Gabe about 2 years ago. The only way Gabe will ever change is if his parents get tired of supporting him and toss him out. When and if that ever happens, he'll find out in a hurry that there is no such thing as PayPal money or living money or whatever adjective he wants to use to describe funds that he spends on expensive comics that should be spent on supporting himself. Like another boardie pointed out, there is only money, and there won't be any left over for any non-essentials if he ever does have to truly support himself. I'm sure that like my neighbor, Gabe is not a bad guy, but for crying out loud, he is in his mid 20s, living in his parents basement AND spending $1000.00 at a clip on comic books, while at the same time not even working full time at a minimum wage job. On what planet does that even begin to make sense? The only difference that I can see between Gabe and my neighbors son, besides Gabe being 10 years or so younger, is my neighbors kid spends his "extra" money on weed and Gabe spends his ( or someone's) on comic books. I'll go out on a limb and say that if this thread is still around ten years from now, Gabe will be in exactly the same place, saying and doing exactly the same things. Why? Because he doesn't want to change or to improve his situation, at least not enough to work for it, and flipping comics, in Gabes case, is not working for it. When you have been doing something for 2 and 1/2 years and still are in the red, you are not successful at it, but when your parents are still supporting you, you can continue to "invest" in comics and then make excuses like "I've been scammed 3 times" when things don't turn out the way you want them to. If Gabe ever has to live in the real world, with a full time job that has to support him, he is in for a rude awakening, and it's called REAL LIFE.

I joined this site on 10/29/2011. At that time I was 26 and working 40 hours a week at a grocery store making minimum wage. I had just got that job after being unemployed for 6 months after losing my job, a great job, after making some bad decisions. I jumped on here to start collecting CGC Deadpool comics because I learned about the character and read some raw books that I borrowed from a friend and enjoyed the character.

I made a thread asking for people with Deadpool 9.8 books to PM me. Well, after getting the prices of said books I knew there was no way I could make said purchases with what I was making I decided to not even start and to come back after I had a job that could support the hobby.

Fast forward to January of this year. I'm now working at one of the best jobs in my area, I've had it for four years now, making double the minimum wage I was making, getting well over 40 hours per week, and finally making good money. More importantly, making money to get into the hobby. I asked a friend about good reads and he let me borrow his TPB of Saga and I was hooked. Now I'm buying 9.8s of Saga like crazy and looking to build my collection, when surgery and medical bills aren't getting in the way. lol

Gabe, you really need to listen to the advice in here. Stop buying and trading. Sell, sell, sell. Don't worry about flipping. Heck, you don't even need to sell what you have, just stop buying. Sit on them if you must and pick up where you left off in a year, two, or never. You must get your life and yourself straight before you pick collecting and flipping back up. If you don't you will be stuck where you are for the rest of your life. Break the cycle of your family. You and only you can make the choices to do that.

Well ... this is a new development.

Yes and no the three scams are from 2 years ago, and the last one is from about 8 months ago.

8 8