• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Recent Purchases

Man thing 2

Marvel Premiere 1

ASM 129 CGC 8.5

ASM 129 Update

Turns out the comic is 8.0 not 8.5 so I have two plans for the comic

Offer it up for time payments and wait a month or two and if no one bites send it to be pressed, cleaned and regraded.

Wait, what do you mean "it turns out it's an 8.0 not an 8.5?"

You just posted a link to where you bought it, as an 8.0.

And the price on the link shows $825 but you said you paid $956. Why the big difference?

:facepalm:

How does it "turn out" to be an 8.0 when it is a graded book bought on an auction site that CLEARLY shows it is an 8.0?

I'm going to assume that it was $956 after the price of the book and shipping and possibly a 'buyers premium'?

Ok, so now your plan is, after paying near full GPA (or more after shipping and other fees), that you are going to pump even more money into the book to have it sent away, pressed, regraded and shipped back in the HOPES it gets a grade bump? This will cost you even MORE money and time.

Where is the money in this for you???? You are going to need like a full point grade bump after pressing to not lose money on this "deal".

Keep digging my friend, keep digging...

ASM 129 Update

Offer it up for time payments and wait a month or two and if no one bites send it to be pressed, cleaned and regraded.

Please don't get sucked into the clean/press/resub game. The odds that a high grade slabbed key ON A DEALER SITE (!!!!!!) is not already maxed-out (or not worth the money to take the gamble on) are so slim, and you are going to get killed on all of the shipping to/from Canada. Not to mention tying up all your money in a single book which you won't be able to sell for months.

Finding good deals and flipping them has a shot at succeeding; trying to press & flip keys with almost no money to spare is a totally different ballgame.

I'm not quite sure what this thread is anymore, entertaining/sad/confusing?

Image of book shows clearly 8.0

Gabe states book is 8.5

Clear enough mistake, although a daft one, especially on such an expensive book at a high grade.

However...

Updates

Comics Sold

Detective comics 359

ASM 129

I've spoken to the owner of a lcs and he is interested in it and it would be great since it would cut out fees and shipping all together.

Owner of LCS was interested in an ASM #129 8.5

Questions:

Is the owner still interested 3 days later?

Will the owner still be interested in it now? (Was he aware it was 8.0 not 8.5?)

Will the owner trust any book Gabe says he has for sale?

Can you burn a bridge before it is built?

ASM 129 Update

You didn't even look at the grade you were buying!? :facepalm:

I couldn't stop from blurting that out. It's just...just... :facepalm:

This thread draws people in an alarming rate. None of you can get away. It's like a force.

Gabe

I suggest you write a memoir or create a pay to read site, as the number of people who follow your exploits is staggering

This thread draws people in an alarming rate. None of you can get away. It's like a force.

Gabe

I suggest you write a memoir or create a pay to read site, as the number of people who follow your exploits is staggering

You're just jealous because he gets twice the attention and tries half as hard...Ramon :baiting:

well the last 3 CGC 8.0's sold on EBAY(including shipping) for less than you paid in total for yours, so it seems like you got a pretty good deal.

Like my grandma always says, "Anytime you can pay more than people are paying on ebay, and you have no education, a part time minimum wage job, no business experience, a learning disorder, live with your parents, live in cycle of generational poverty, were on government assistance in the last year, on a $1,000 investment where you misread the very obviously advertised grade, YOU SIMPLY MUST DO IT. ESPECIALLY if you do not live in the main country that is 95% of the market for that investment."

She also says, "Then, after following the first bit of advice, you should then give up $200 MORE and three more months to have a 10-20% chance of turn $30-50 profit, if you're very very lucky. Many people are saying that's just good economics."

Edited by Revat

well the last 3 CGC 8.0's sold on EBAY(including shipping) for less than you paid in total for yours, so it seems like you got a pretty good deal.

Like my grandma always says, "Anytime you can pay more than people are paying on ebay, and you have no education, a part time minimum wage job, no business experience, a learning disorder, live with your parents, live in cycle of generational poverty, were on government assistance in the last year, on a $1,000 investment where you misread the very obviously advertised grade, YOU SIMPLY MUST DO IT. ESPECIALLY if you do not live in the main country that is 95% of the market for that investment."

She also says, "Then, after following the first bit of advice, you should then give up $200 MORE and three more months to have a 10-20% chance of turn $30-50 profit, if you're very very lucky. Many people are saying that's just good economics."

OMG. doh!:boo::tonofbricks::P

I've never seen a plane crash into a trainwreck... until now. :facepalm:

Un

Be

Lievable.

well the last 3 seven CGC 8.0's sold on EBAY(including shipping) for less than you paid in total for yours, so it seems like you got a pretty good deal.

Correction - ALL of the ASM129 8.0 sales (shipping included) on Ebay in the past three months have been for less than this sale.

OP - can you hear us now?????

Regarding the crack-press-resub thoughts you're having about this book... have you ever heard the expression throwing good money after bad?

Yes please crack press and resub the book doh! look at all the numbers.

Shipping to get the book pressed - $30 (unless you don't want signature on it)

Pressing fees - $20

Reslabbing Fee - $65

Return Shipping - $60 (Fed Ex 2 Day international)

Total - $175 USD

Total investment - $956 + $175 = $1131

doh!

well the last 3 seven CGC 8.0's sold on EBAY(including shipping) for less than you paid in total for yours, so it seems like you got a pretty good deal.

Correction - ALL of the ASM129 8.0 sales (shipping included) on Ebay in the past three months have been for less than this sale.

OP - can you hear us now?????

Regarding the crack-press-resub thoughts you're having about this book... have you ever heard the expression throwing good money after bad?

He may not have heard of it but he understands the practice ( $1100 in the hole after flipping for 3 years ).

He might as well get a Paypal business loan and really dive in.

Lets go back to looking at the numbers. I guess when you have to pay taxes (13%) on a book priced slightly under GPA at $825 vs $863 it doesn't help when you plan to flip the book for 37% higher than the all time GPA high.

CLEARLY this was a monumental blunder by the OP in not knowing what he was throwing almost $1,000 at.

But it wasn't his first, second or even third major-$$$ blunder here.

NONE of this would have happened if he hadn't made his FIRST blunder which was to ignore the 20-pages worth of FREE professional advice he was given over the past year or two here.

Will the OP learn from this, yet another huge blunder, to spend no more than the change in his pocket on comic-flipping for the next few years and get his personal life and job/financial life on track FIRST?

Will he take a second-job and focus on his job/people skills instead of sleep/surf/game/spend his life and money away?

I would say the answer to that is.............................................................. :P

8 8