• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,157 posts in this topic

On 4/4/2022 at 10:17 PM, Wall-Crawler said:

@CGC MikeI have emailed customer service about this a few times now to get the "ME" fix with no response...Could you work your magic so customer service can write back and start the process for it to be corrected?

You should be able to do it yourself. I sent back the latest QC issue without them initiating an email. You follow the process that you usually do to  submit a book but select Mechanical Error. Below are the instructions they send you.

1. Log into your account online at www.cgccomics.com (you will have to be at least a free member to access the forms)

2. Click on the My CGC logo in the top right-hand corner and then go down to My Submissions

3.  Scroll down to the Submission forms and click on the online form.

4. Click on "Start New order" 

1. Select the type of submission (comic, magazine, poster, etc.)
  2. Then select Mail in/show drop off

954F39C9-F33D-414F-BBC7-43440FEDDD00.thumb.png.92a67a221b8cf059c933f741fe1b73b1.png

1. Then select Mechanical Error under "Special/Return Services:

95D23073-54C2-4B48-92B1-521C24C98CA7.png.13d612f9f8486785454855ece440ff23.png

1. From there just follow the instructions to add your book information and complete the rest of the form

*Please note if you are an international customer, you will need to contact customer service to obtain an international pre-paid shipping label*

Write ME in bold, clear lettering on ALL sides of your box.

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 4/4/2022 at 11:53 AM, awakeintheashes said:

CS: "In the long run, nobody will even remember these issues happened."
Me: "There are a number of threads on the message board about these issues, so I will just be added to the long list. I doubt anybody will forget"
CS: "We'll bury it. (literally laughing out loud) We'll bury it."

Dumb.gif.2824306f5d854df07b9e9bd089b5c953.gif

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 4/4/2022 at 10:41 PM, awakeintheashes said:

You should be able to do it yourself. I sent back the latest QC issue without them initiating an email. You follow the process that you usually do to  submit a book but select Mechanical Error. Below are the instructions they send you.

1. Log into your account online at www.cgccomics.com (you will have to be at least a free member to access the forms)

2. Click on the My CGC logo in the top right-hand corner and then go down to My Submissions

954F39C9-F33D-414F-BBC7-43440FEDDD00.thumb.png.92a67a221b8cf059c933f741fe1b73b1.png

1. From there just follow the instructions to add your book information and complete the rest of the form

*Please note if you are an international customer, you will need to contact customer service to obtain an international pre-paid shipping label*

• Administrator
On 4/4/2022 at 10:17 PM, Wall-Crawler said:

@CGC MikeI have emailed customer service about this a few times now to get the "ME" fix with no response...Could you work your magic so customer service can write back and start the process for it to be corrected?

I would be happy to help.  Just send me a PM with your submission and/or customer id number.

On 4/4/2022 at 7:41 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I didn't recognize you without a mask 

• Administrator
On 4/7/2022 at 11:31 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@CGC Mike

The pm icon has gone away for me on my computer and Mobile. That can't be right, anyone else too?

I just checked your account.  I think you hit the wrong button.

Enable MessengerMessenger Quota

This member has disabled their messenger.

On 4/7/2022 at 11:12 AM, CGC Mike said:

That is weird, where do I fix it?

On 4/7/2022 at 11:45 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 4/7/2022 at 11:12 AM, CGC Mike said:

ah I got it, weird

• Administrator
On 4/7/2022 at 12:48 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 4/7/2022 at 12:45 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

ah I got it, weird

(thumbsu  I had to sign in my test account to see how to fix it, as I wasn't sure.  

On 4/7/2022 at 1:29 PM, ExNihilo said:

Well, I'm convinced...the reason why people are getting books back quicker is because the Quality Control phase is completely skipped and/or the department no longer exists.

PQfovQu.gif.24e03359ed54a79310a9acafd27bfc87.gif

This book was only graded 2 months ago. I would love CGC to tell us this book went through any QC at all. That a human actually looked at this book prior to shipping. 

@CGC Mike This is insane. Out of all the things someone could possibly dream up an excuse for, this isn't one of them. I don't really expect an answer on this, but can CGC confirm if all books actually go through any QC process or is it more of a random selection? 

On 4/7/2022 at 11:43 AM, wombat said:

This book was only graded 2 months ago. I would love CGC to tell us this book went through any QC at all. That a human actually looked at this book prior to shipping. 

@CGC Mike This is insane. Out of all the things someone could possibly dream up an excuse for, this isn't one of them. I don't really expect an answer on this, but can CGC confirm if all books actually go through any QC process or is it more of a random selection? 

I think you underestimate humanity 

There is a high chance someone took a book in a mylar and put it upside down in the holder

Can the inner wells be inserted in the outer case upside down or did the book get sealed in the inner well upside down and then put inside the outer case the only way it would fit? I've never seen a new case cracked open. 

On 4/7/2022 at 12:36 PM, BriD. said:

Can the inner wells be inserted in the outer case upside down or did the book get sealed in the inner well upside down and then put inside the outer case the only way it would fit? I've never seen a new case cracked open. 

Good question, I know I've cracked out newer cases, but I honestly can't remember if the labels were attached to the inner well or not

I know for sure in the older slabs, it depends on the type of inner well used, some labels were attached and some weren't 

On 4/7/2022 at 2:29 PM, ExNihilo said:

Well, I'm convinced...the reason why people are getting books back quicker is because the Quality Control phase is completely skipped and/or the department no longer exists.

So how many is that now?  I know there’s a spawn 1 and an ASM 6 as well....