• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,172 posts in this topic

On 5/10/2022 at 2:23 PM, jokiing said:

27 out of 44 returned for ME since beginning of year. I can't remember it being as bad as this.

Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 11.16.38 AM.png

Label errors? Scratches? Book upside down?  Book damaged?

7F88A918-61D7-469A-93B4-4C21A9FF1EB1.gif.b39b19e52ba5a9a8edb46e44d7c53971.gif

On 5/10/2022 at 2:09 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

This arrived today, but I can live with it I think...

Thoughts?

IMG_20220510_135027252_MP.jpg

I mean it is there, but in the big picture, I think that I can live with it :wishluck: 

received_448243193733262.jpeg

My thought is that I would stab myself with a spork before I'd risk there-and-back shipping on that book over that tiny of a case scuff.

On 5/10/2022 at 2:23 PM, Qalyar said:

My thought is that I would stab myself with a spork before I'd risk there-and-back shipping on that book over that tiny of a case scuff.

ya lol:roflmao: I posted the video in Back from CGC, with the video of me opening, wondering, and stressing because of QC and the facsimile of this book.

I go into it just a tad. I sent it in before it exploded, unpressed, and it came back 9.0. If I had pressed the first time and it was 9.8, I would never have sent for signature series (thumbsu

So in the long run, I sent for SS for quick TAT and I like Bagley, although Bendis "might have been better" as a creator of Miles Morales :tonofbricks: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/10/2022 at 2:26 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

ya lol:roflmao: I posted the video in Back from CGC, with the video of me opening, wondering, and stressing because of QC and the facsimile of this book.

I go into it just a tad. I sent it in before it exploded, unpressed, and it came back 9.0. If I had pressed the first time and it was 9.8, I would never have sent for signature series (thumbsu

So in the long run, I sent for SS for quick TAT and I like Bagley, although Bendis "might have been better" as a creator of Miles Morales :tonofbricks: 

Wow!  9.0 to 9.8!  Congrats!  Was it a CCS press, or someone else?

Thanks!

On 5/10/2022 at 5:08 PM, Iconic1s said:

Wow!  9.0 to 9.8!  Congrats!  Was it a CCS press, or someone else?

Thanks!

Indeed it was ccs, but I should say that the reason it was a 9.0 to begin with: it came in a polybags and probably had a crease from when that was sealed, that was pressed out by ccs. (thumbsu

On 5/10/2022 at 5:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Indeed it was ccs, but I should say that the reason it was a 9.0 to begin with: it came in a polybags and probably had a crease from when that was sealed, that was pressed out by ccs. (thumbsu

Ahhhh… thank you!!  Congrats again!

On 5/10/2022 at 10:03 AM, Miguelb said:

Finally learned my lesson, going to have to start taking pictures before I send books off.  Just got a book returned from the Claremont signing with a big ding on the back corner that I KNOW was not there when I sent it in.  This is a little ridiculous.

I never really understood this. Couldn't CGC just say "Yeah, that damage wasn't there when you took the picture, but who knows what happened between then and when you sent it."

On 5/11/2022 at 12:42 AM, Artifiction said:

I purchased these online over a year ago. Just now noticed something about them. Yup, it took me that long. (shrug)

scan0009.jpg

scan0005.jpg

Pretty sure these came out Feb 2014.

On 5/11/2022 at 5:57 AM, Timely said:

Pretty sure these came out Feb 2014.

Only thing I noticed was the wrong one was marked "Heroes Haven Exclusive".

Since both covers have an HH in the art, I'm guessing that both books must be Heroes Haven variants? It's hard to keep up with all the variants! :p

Edited by Artifiction

On 5/10/2022 at 8:42 PM, Gaard said:

I never really understood this. Couldn't CGC just say "Yeah, that damage wasn't there when you took the picture, but who knows what happened between then and when you sent it."

I imagine so, how else do you prove something that is clearly happening though?  I think they realize that have to give in a bit on this issue given how widespread it is.

Edited by Miguelb