• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,136 posts in this topic

On 4/16/2022 at 1:58 PM, sevans1979 said:

CB18ED5C-4FB6-4E5B-8462-8804A349F06D.thumb.jpeg.989aaed9de3aa249e83f53cfadb34c85.jpeg

Not my book. From a Facebook group. doh!

So not only are the book notes left in the case, but the signed book has a blue label? 

On 4/26/2022 at 11:40 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

At least one up side. The hair doesn't look short and curly.  

You have to purchase the optional hair extraction kit for slabs. You get a 1/4" spade bit. A pair of tweezers, and some epoxy to fill the hole.

On 4/28/2022 at 12:47 PM, DR.X said:

You have to purchase the optional hair extraction kit for slabs. You get a 1/4" spade bit. A pair of tweezers, and some epoxy to fill the hole.

I’m still waiting for the new submission form option “$5 check this box for double QC! We will really make sure there are no issues before we ship”

On 4/28/2022 at 12:47 PM, DR.X said:
On 4/26/2022 at 11:40 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

At least one up side. The hair doesn't look short and curly.  

Or buy the brand new 

Vaccu-Slab-Suck

A vaccuum attachment specifically engineered to remove those pesky plastic shard, stray hairs , even Newton Rings!

Order now and we will even throw in our patent pending Vaccu-Slab-Press-Bags. Which when properly seated around the slabs will magically press the books inside the slab! 

Don't wait quantities are limited!

On 4/28/2022 at 1:43 PM, Tnexus said:

It's probably blue because the Perez signing was cancelled.

Lol, oh Yea.  I didn't see the name, just the tier.  Thanks. 

I think maybe if cgc split off a division with separate leadership, graders, slabbers, qc and shippers - a division that handled only true modern books (no older than 20 years) which may represent 40-50% of monthly submissions (very rough guesstimate) to help loosen the total logjam which is clearly a significant source of qc and tat issues for ALL books and all eras. 

It would require heavy investment of capital and personnel, probably rate increases too, but justifiable IF and only IF there were a significant improvement in qc and tat, which I think would lead more people to resume sending in their books who are now hesitant or waiting on the sidelines. 

On 4/29/2022 at 8:38 AM, billsid said:

QC at its finest here and this was before BS purchased CGC

IMG_0636 (11).jpg

I don't think anyone is blaming BS, things were bad long before that. 

But what is the issue with this one?  I'm missing it. 

On 4/29/2022 at 10:06 AM, Sigur Ros said:

I don't think anyone is blaming BS, things were bad long before that. 

But what is the issue with this one?  I'm missing it. 

I believe there’s damage to the top edge FC

On 4/29/2022 at 9:15 AM, djpinkpanther67 said:

I believe there’s damage to the top edge FC

Sure looks like creasing there. Bottom right corner looks a bit rounded also, but hard to tell at that angle.