• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,157 posts in this topic

On 5/19/2022 at 11:45 PM, wombat said:

So they just sent you back your raw book?

Yup, it had the code stuck to the front that they use to identify the book but it was sent back in the reject group (it was a pre-screen submission). They charged me for it being slabbed and it was registered as such, but it was sent back raw. 

On 5/20/2022 at 12:24 AM, Stefan_W said:

I try to be patient. The people who work the help lines are not at fault, and the ones I spoke with always do their best. I also get that mistakes happen. I just expect them to be dealt with in a reasonable amount of time. 

It's not about the people on the front lines, assuming they're following through with what they tell you. 

I'm just saying it's been a month (so far) and no one at CGC is giving you any answers. 

I'd have been frustrated awhile ago. 

On 5/15/2022 at 11:40 AM, zzutak said:

Getting back to your Katy Keene #17, I'm wondering if the date field on the CGC submission form automatically populated to 10/86 rather than 07/54 when the issue number was entered (and neither the submitter nor CGC caught the error).  This is an interesting example -- at CGC, would the primary responsibility for catching this error this rest with the Verification (Step 2/7) personnel rather than the Quality Control (Step 6/7) personnel?  (shrug)

That would be accurate...

Just opened another box of 25 wilth 17 to return for scratches. Im not attaching a photo cause its the same scratch down the front as the last 2 boxs. Thats 62 slabs of 75 waiting on reholder. Rachel at customer service says if the scratces are not bad enough i may eat the cost. I surrender, I cant honestly continue to send in books as nothing is changing and appears there is no quality control anymore and a complete lack of acceptance on cgc part. Customer service is really good to deal with but every time i call they act like there suprised and there is not  ongoing issues with " will send a note to the comic depatment and see if there aware of any issues" :(

On 5/20/2022 at 11:47 AM, Oldman Newfie said:

Just opened another box of 25 wilth 17 to return for scratches. Im not attaching a photo cause its the same scratch down the front as the last 2 boxs. Thats 62 slabs of 75 waiting on reholder. Rachel at customer service says if the scratces are not bad enough i may eat the cost. I surrender, I cant honestly continue to send in books as nothing is changing and appears there is no quality control anymore and a complete lack of acceptance on cgc part. Customer service is really good to deal with but every time i call they act like there suprised and there is not  ongoing issues with " will send a note to the comic depatment and see if there aware of any issues" :(

Guess I should consider myself lucky with only 10 out of 25 having the same issue in my latest box.

On 5/20/2022 at 12:24 AM, Stefan_W said:

I try to be patient. The people who work the help lines are not at fault, and the ones I spoke with always do their best. I also get that mistakes happen. I just expect them to be dealt with in a reasonable amount of time. 

Good on you, if only more people realized this, we wouldn't have armored knights going around collecting phone numbers to meet up with people for a "polite conversation"

On 5/20/2022 at 1:42 PM, jokiing said:

Guess I should consider myself lucky with only 10 out of 25 having the same issue in my latest box.

I honestly would be happy if i could get 15 clean slabs in a box at this point. The worst part is i have 155 silver and modern in the pipe with a mixed box of 30 on the way. Not fun anymore

On 5/20/2022 at 4:01 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

269470932_Screenshot_20220520-1659512.png.368fd82fc14fc59c922e0a1f6c5e8530.png

Did they charge you for replacing the bar code?

On 5/20/2022 at 2:47 PM, Oldman Newfie said:

@CGC Mike This is insanity. What on earth is happening?

• Administrator
On 5/20/2022 at 7:40 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:
On 4/28/2022 at 1:55 PM, CGC Mike said:
On 4/28/2022 at 10:05 AM, Transplant said:

Still waiting on that big announcement. 

It's going to be at least 2 more weeks.  

:popcorn:

I will have good news about this soon but, we will have to wait for the formal announcement.