• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official 2014 What Did You Get In The Forums Holiday Gift Exchange?

267 posts in this topic

Since a lot of people wont be opening their gifts until culturally appropriate, can we also make this the "Did you receive your Gift Exchange Present?"

I think GiftGurdian_nyc will be handling that in his thread.

Hey All,

I would like to say a few words. Although I wasn't able to participate in this year's Christmas Secret Santa and Raffle, rest assured I wish I could have.

Some of you know I had car trouble starting in June/July. I had a front tire blowout which result in massive damage to my car. My insurance wouldn't cover it (ugh) and my car's warranty had expired, so I spent almost $4800 to get it fixed, and eventually another $2k to get out from under it into a new car.

To those I had purchased books from and had to wait for their money I apologize. I have always tried to pay before the agreed upon terms but it wasn't able to happen that way.

I did have some sales threads to fund my car repairs, and successfully so. The leftover money I was going to use to pay towards books I decided instead to donate to the TJ Powell (Lebowski) fund. I wasn't being a butthead, as my reasoning was the grieving family needed the donation to lay their loved one to rest more than the people I owed money.

Everyone has since been paid in full and I appreciate their patience.

I would like to thank Chip Caltaldo, as he sent me a nice gift of books to read. While my Christmas wasn't going to suck entirely, as I had gotten my kids their stuff and I'm sure to be getting the usual Old Spice and ugly tie, but it wasn't the greatest either. It's been a rough year and the gift was very welcome. Thanks again Chip!

Here's what he sent (Most of these I haven't read in over 35 years)

chippic_zps9d13e8cd.jpg

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Thomas

Hey All,

I would like to say a few words. Although I wasn't able to participate in this year's Christmas Secret Santa and Raffle, rest assured I wish I could have.

Some of you know I had car trouble starting in June/July. I had a front tire blowout which result in massive damage to my car. My insurance wouldn't cover it (ugh) and my car's warranty had expired, so I spent almost $4800 to get it fixed, and eventually another $2k to get out from under it into a new car.

To those I had purchased books from and had to wait for their money I apologize. I have always tried to pay before the agreed upon terms but it wasn't able to happen that way.

I did have some sales threads to fund my car repairs, and successfully so. The leftover money I was going to use to pay towards books I decided instead to donate to the TJ Powell (Lebowski) fund. I wasn't being a butthead, as my reasoning was the grieving family needed the donation to lay their loved one to rest more than the people I owed money.

Everyone has since been paid in full and I appreciate their patience.

I would like to thank Chip Caltaldo, as he sent me a nice gift of books to read. While my Christmas wasn't going to suck entirely, as I had gotten my kids their stuff and I'm sure to be getting the usual Old Spice and ugly tie, but it wasn't the greatest either. It's been a rough year and the gift was very welcome. Thanks again Chip!

Here's what he sent (Most of these I haven't read in over 35 years)

chippic_zps9d13e8cd.jpg

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Thomas

Avengers :cloud9: Chip very nice :applause: DJ sorry to hear about your troubles Merry Christmas to you both

So this is a long story. I am currently in a transaction with a boardie, who will remain nameless for now.

I have offered to make a large purchase with them a couple of months ago, and they have been patiently waiting for me to get my payment shortened out. I have delayed and delayed due to issues beyond my control to get them payment.

So this shows up on my doorstep....

IMG_20141219_223337_zps2ef1a88f.jpg

Now, I have seen this very box in photo's before. So even before I reach my doorstep, I know where this has come from. However...

IMG_20141219_223117_zps1d60e324.jpg

This was with it....I was curious, so I opened it up....

IMG_20141219_224112_zpsa03082ef.jpg

Turns out the boardie is my SS lol

Seriously, what are the odds?

Now to what has restored my faith in humanity. Not only has this person sent me a lot for being part of the gift exchange, they have also sent me a large transaction without a single payment having yet been sent by myself.

I am quite simply floored by this show of goodwill and trust.

Hopefully they will come forward and let everyone know what a kind and thoughtful person they are.

I quite simply do not have language for the gratitude and awe I feel.

I grew up not celebrating Christmas, and while over the years I have exchanged gifts with people, the real meaning has hit me this year.

Thanks so much, SS (thumbs u

That really is a great thing, PSI. Some people are just damn good people, and I strive to be able to be that kind of person every day.

:applause:

-slym (likes the feet/toes that show up in pics so much - it's known around here as the 'Fingh)