• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official 2014 What Did You Get In The Forums Holiday Gift Exchange?

267 posts in this topic

I really like getting things that I never thought I needed until I had them in hand. I want to thank Pirate for my loot. I will be knee deep in reading for quite some time.

The Manhattan Projects Vol 1 and Vol 2 - I've heard about this, and it sparked my interest. I cannot wait to sit down and check these out.

Enemy Ace Volume 1 - Over 500 pgs of Kubert and DC War stories. I have to admit, that outside of Superman and Batman, I've been unfamiliar with DC but the Kubert stuff has always interested me. This Christmas I received (from someone else) Kuber: Dong-Xoai which has been utterly fascinating. I cannot wait to get into these stories. I did not know what I was missing. Do NOT tell the (1950's War Comics Guy).

Avengers First to Last - As a Marvel Guy, I admit that I started reading this first immediately headed to a few of the Cap stories. BTW the Captain America retro story concerning his first meeting with Spider-man was pretty cool.

Halo - I mentioned that I picked up an X-Box One last night. Halo immediately came to mind. Maybe it is a sign that my first real game should be the Master Chief Collection.

Marvelman - Shamefully I have never read this and this was on the short version of my To-Do list for 2015. I finally get to cross this one off and see if it lives up to the hype.

My inner three year old also enjoyed the Batman v Penguin Lego set. As you can see I already put that together. The Penguins are actually pretty unique builds with the cheese slopes and multi-stud brick. The Blind Bag Green Lantern was also a treat.

I am really thankful for all of this and can only hope that my recipient enjoys what I put together for him as much as I enjoyed what was put together for me.

Thanks again Pirate !

9A1AF28E-D173-4C39-B04A-3CB1C7AF4B4D.jpg

My awesome SS presents from Mangbus! Thanks a lot buddy. I know I saw that sketch somewhere on the boards before and loved it. :applause: It will be displayed this week :)

jrcg3c.jpg

I really like getting things that I never thought I needed until I had them in hand. I want to thank Pirate for my loot. I will be knee deep in reading for quite some time.

The Manhattan Projects Vol 1 and Vol 2 - I've heard about this, and it sparked my interest. I cannot wait to sit down and check these out.

Enemy Ace Volume 1 - Over 500 pgs of Kubert and DC War stories. I have to admit, that outside of Superman and Batman, I've been unfamiliar with DC but the Kubert stuff has always interested me. This Christmas I received (from someone else) Kuber: Dong-Xoai which has been utterly fascinating. I cannot wait to get into these stories. I did not know what I was missing. Do NOT tell the (1950's War Comics Guy).

Avengers First to Last - As a Marvel Guy, I admit that I started reading this first immediately headed to a few of the Cap stories. BTW the Captain America retro story concerning his first meeting with Spider-man was pretty cool.

Halo - I mentioned that I picked up an X-Box One last night. Halo immediately came to mind. Maybe it is a sign that my first real game should be the Master Chief Collection.

Marvelman - Shamefully I have never read this and this was on the short version of my To-Do list for 2015. I finally get to cross this one off and see if it lives up to the hype.

My inner three year old also enjoyed the Batman v Penguin Lego set. As you can see I already put that together. The Penguins are actually pretty unique builds with the cheese slopes and multi-stud brick. The Blind Bag Green Lantern was also a treat.

I am really thankful for all of this and can only hope that my recipient enjoys what I put together for him as much as I enjoyed what was put together for me.

Thanks again Pirate !

9A1AF28E-D173-4C39-B04A-3CB1C7AF4B4D.jpg

Glad you liked Buzz!

I ripped into my SS package this morning along with the other gifts and now I can't find the wrapping with the board member written on it. I know the package came from Canada but that all I've got. I asked for some Silver-Age stuff and some newer books to read. All of these are books I've never owned or read before - many thanks and Happy Christmas to my secret Santa.

P1010610_zps40884518.jpg

Big thanks to my secret santa, the enigmatic Chris S., who got me this great array of Usagi Yojimbo back issues. This brings me a lot closer to completing my run and has already provided me with some great reading.

Thanks, Chris! Merry Christmas, everyone!

photo-2.jpg