• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official 2014 What Did You Get In The Forums Holiday Gift Exchange?

267 posts in this topic

I received my secret Santa present a while ago but hadn't taken it out of the shipping box yet. When I did I found 4 wonderfully wrapped presents and a very nice note from my SS Hado.

D142BC78-537A-4EF2-8C2F-4D919B6EED9A_zpskyzfctqk.jpg

The superman sticker on the shipping box, and the wrapping done in superman pages just started an excellent spread of super goodnes. Super socks, an fantastic sketch of Clark Kent from the animated series, and my own piece of kryptonite which sadly did not affect me at all which puts an end to my life long speculation that I am actually superman!

Plus the DC comics ultimate character guide in a very nice hard cover which will be great reading and educational since there is still so much I need to catch up on from my years away from comics.

55C30873-B57B-485F-9691-6349E14E98DA_zpshk2x2tzh.jpg

Thank you very much Hado!! Fantastic job...especially since in my wants on the sign up for I just put anything.

Merry Christmas or happy holidays everyone!!

My wish list was anything Ms. Marvel, Wonder Woman, Gwen Stacy, Bane and Batgirl.

This is what Santa sent. Pretty excited as its nothing I've read. My curiosity is piqued, thanks Jacey. He thought these might be in my wheelhouse based upon my wish list.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone.

Sometimes the best gift is the one you weren't expecting.

photo_2.jpg

I received my secret Santa present a while ago but hadn't taken it out of the shipping box yet. When I did I found 4 wonderfully wrapped presents and a very nice note from my SS Hado.

D142BC78-537A-4EF2-8C2F-4D919B6EED9A_zpskyzfctqk.jpg

The superman sticker on the shipping box, and the wrapping done in superman pages just started an excellent spread of super goodnes. Super socks, an fantastic sketch of Clark Kent from the animated series, and my own piece of kryptonite which sadly did not affect me at all which puts an end to my life long speculation that I am actually superman!

Plus the DC comics ultimate character guide in a very nice hard cover which will be great reading and educational since there is still so much I need to catch up on from my years away from comics.

55C30873-B57B-485F-9691-6349E14E98DA_zpshk2x2tzh.jpg

Thank you very much Hado!! Fantastic job...especially since in my wants on the sign up for I just put anything.

Merry Christmas or happy holidays everyone!!

Wow, is that an original Bruce Timm piece?

Peace,

Chip

Big thanks to my secret santa, the enigmatic Chris S., who got me this great array of Usagi Yojimbo back issues. This brings me a lot closer to completing my run and has already provided me with some great reading.

Thanks, Chris! Merry Christmas, everyone!

photo-2.jpg

Glad you liked them :applause:

I'm enigmatic?

I wanna thank ebtorres for my gift. He sent me an Avenging Spider-Man 1 Quesada variant. It is a pretty cool wrap around cover. He also sent me a copy of the Complete Amazing Spider-Man DVD which I think is awesome! It has all the books in PDF form and you can read through them on the computer. It is very cool!

I'll admit openly that I opened it a bit early. I got it a while ago and couldn't help myself.

Thanks ebtorres for the great gifts! :banana:

Big thanks to my secret santa, the enigmatic Chris S., who got me this great array of Usagi Yojimbo back issues. This brings me a lot closer to completing my run and has already provided me with some great reading.

Thanks, Chris! Merry Christmas, everyone!

photo-2.jpg

Glad you liked them :applause:

I'm enigmatic?

Yes. Shh. Don't spoil it!

:grin:

I had posted in the other thread that I had received my SS gift and this was what was inside...

cgcss_zpse4e219ca.jpg

:whee:

And so, with great anticipation, I opened my gifts this morning to find that it was from Comic Book Guy and these were the fantastic items that he sent me!

The stocking was very cool!

cgc2_zps7c445f0b.jpg

cgc3_zpsfad2f4b7.jpg

cgc1_zps354bd4aa.jpg

Thank you very much Mike and Merry Christmas!

I had put in my 'wish list' that I was into underwater books and moon covers along with some of my favorite artists like Kaluta and Wrightson and so what did Mike do?

He found me an awesome moon cover book by Michael Kaluta... HoM 200!

The 'Creepy Presents' Wrightson book looks terrific and I just finished reading the Werewolf 11. I hadn't seen that one before and the storyline was pretty good. I think The Hangman could've challenged Wolverine and the Punisher for being the premiere Bronze Age 'hero'.

Well... okay, maybe not exactly. He was pretty ruthless though.

I really like the Batman plush and EVERYONE needs to know how to survive a Sharknado! lol

Rudolph is always a classic... thanks again, Mike!

Peter Palmer hit it like a womprat from my T-16! :applause:

Here's what he laid on me:

Hardcover collection of The Star Wars series from Dark Horse based on the original George Lucas -script - this was perfect because I only picked up the first three issues and now can finish reading it.

My kids were getting a huge kick out of the Marvel Comics car decal kit. these will be going on my new car.

And finally there was a conspiracy against me, but unlike the past ones this was actually done out of kindness through a collaboration between the one and only Dr. Balls and Palmer: a very cool piece of wall art showing a variant cover for the upcoming Star Wars series from Marvel! I ordered a few copies of this book and it was very cool opening up the gift and finding this in there!

You outdid yourself Adam! Thank you for that and the very kind card you sent. (worship)

151937.jpg.37302aad452896abec83830e64de50c4.jpg