• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official 2014 What Did You Get In The Forums Holiday Gift Exchange?

267 posts in this topic

My Christmas exchange gift from Andrew (1Cool).

Thanks Andrew. I really like the gift exchange because it gives me the ability to do what I like best. Live, breathe, and talk about comics. Honestly I would have appreciated anything but I really like my package this year. The grades on these are awesome. Bat 244 has a pretty decent grade from what I can tell which is making me feel a little guilty :facepalm: .

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Holiday season.

Tony

Christmas%2BExchange%2B2014.JPG

WEBHEAD did gifted me with some great stuff. Looking forward to reading the Police Comics 1 - I'm sure I've never read that story and the World's Finest collection. The Fantastic Firsts very cool too. Thanks Paul!

CollectorSocgiftexhange2014_zps501ff904.jpg

My SS did a great job taking it back to the old school.

Though they didn't put their board name in the package, thank you Paulie for the great gifts. I was going to grab the History of Marvel book when we went shopping after the holiday crazies died down, now I don't have to. Really looking forward to the Golden age Marvel stories and the Bats. :grin:

Merry Christmas!

original.jpg

glad you liked the books hado, I was a bit scared as I know nothing about your main interests, haha. figured i'd take it old school

143ksk went above and beyond. Thanks for the great SS gifts!

golden_zpsccbd0afe.jpg

Wow,just wow! Everyone must have been really good boys and girls this year.

Krighton,our very own Baltimore Lauren worked on that Archie hardcover. :applause:

As did I :)

Wow,that is so cool. (worship)

+1

Tip Top 64 :luhv:

I asked for horror mags,Vampi or Creepy.That's what I got!

Thank you pink181 I love them.

20141225_021020-3_zps09ed1e4d.jpg

Love those photo covers of Vampi (what male doesn't?) The young ladies name was Angelique Trouvere - a nightclub dancer and very early cosplayer. Her first appearance in costume was July 1973 at Seulings Comicart con.

Angelique also was I believe the first person to wear the bikini chain mail of Red Sonja in the "Wizard and Red Sonja Show" that toured cons in 1976-77. Frank Thorne, Wendy Pini, Linda Berhle...... I think there were at one point five Red Sonja's that would be conjured up by the Wizard Frank Thorne, each one a different aspect of the spirit of Sonja

Angelique also was I believe the first person to wear the bikini chain mail of Red Sonja in the "Wizard and Red Sonja Show" that toured cons in 1976-77. Frank Thorne, Wendy Pini, Linda Berhle...... I think there were at one point five Red Sonja's that would be conjured up by the Wizard Frank Thorne, each one a different aspect of the spirit of Sonja

There's an issue of Conan Saga (#29, maybe?) that has pics of them all in it. Pretty neat stuff.

Peace,

Chip

Though they didn't put their board name in the package, thank you Paulie for the great gifts. I was going to grab the History of Marvel book when we went shopping after the holiday crazies died down, now I don't have to. Really looking forward to the Golden age Marvel stories and the Bats. :grin:

Merry Christmas!

original.jpg

glad you liked the books hado, I was a bit scared as I know nothing about your main interests, haha. figured i'd take it old school

You can never go wrong with the classics, thank you very much (worship)

I received my secret Santa present a while ago but hadn't taken it out of the shipping box yet. When I did I found 4 wonderfully wrapped presents and a very nice note from my SS Hado.

D142BC78-537A-4EF2-8C2F-4D919B6EED9A_zpskyzfctqk.jpg

The superman sticker on the shipping box, and the wrapping done in superman pages just started an excellent spread of super goodnes. Super socks, an fantastic sketch of Clark Kent from the animated series, and my own piece of kryptonite which sadly did not affect me at all which puts an end to my life long speculation that I am actually superman!

Plus the DC comics ultimate character guide in a very nice hard cover which will be great reading and educational since there is still so much I need to catch up on from my years away from comics.

55C30873-B57B-485F-9691-6349E14E98DA_zpshk2x2tzh.jpg

Thank you very much Hado!! Fantastic job...especially since in my wants on the sign up for I just put anything.

Merry Christmas or happy holidays everyone!!

Wow, is that an original Bruce Timm piece?

Peace,

Chip

Yeah, it's Bruce Timm Chip!

Glad you enjoyed the gifts, and sorry about the Kryptonite. Apparently it glows under UV light, but I couldn't test it, so hey, it may not be Kryptonite and you may in fact be Supes ;)

I received my secret Santa present a while ago but hadn't taken it out of the shipping box yet. When I did I found 4 wonderfully wrapped presents and a very nice note from my SS Hado.

D142BC78-537A-4EF2-8C2F-4D919B6EED9A_zpskyzfctqk.jpg

The superman sticker on the shipping box, and the wrapping done in superman pages just started an excellent spread of super goodnes. Super socks, an fantastic sketch of Clark Kent from the animated series, and my own piece of kryptonite which sadly did not affect me at all which puts an end to my life long speculation that I am actually superman!

Plus the DC comics ultimate character guide in a very nice hard cover which will be great reading and educational since there is still so much I need to catch up on from my years away from comics.

55C30873-B57B-485F-9691-6349E14E98DA_zpshk2x2tzh.jpg

Thank you very much Hado!! Fantastic job...especially since in my wants on the sign up for I just put anything.

Merry Christmas or happy holidays everyone!!

Wow, is that an original Bruce Timm piece?

Peace,

Chip

Yeah, it's Bruce Timm Chip!

Glad you enjoyed the gifts, and sorry about the Kryptonite. Apparently it glows under UV light, but I couldn't test it, so hey, it may not be Kryptonite and you may in fact be Supes ;)

Thats not the only thing in his room that glows under UV light.

neat thread -- you guys all really gave some great thought to your gifts.

That's the best part about it. If you are lucky, you get a board member that's active around the boards and you try to find something to match their persona.

neat thread -- you guys all really gave some great thought to your gifts.

That's the best part about it. If you are lucky, you get a board member that's active around the boards and you try to find something to match their persona.

Which is why I got a bag of dog doo.

Just kidding. It was cat pee

Peter Palmer hit it like a womprat from my T-16! :applause:

Here's what he laid on me:

Hardcover collection of The Star Wars series from Dark Horse based on the original George Lucas -script - this was perfect because I only picked up the first three issues and now can finish reading it.

My kids were getting a huge kick out of the Marvel Comics car decal kit. these will be going on my new car.

And finally there was a conspiracy against me, but unlike the past ones this was actually done out of kindness through a collaboration between the one and only Dr. Balls and Palmer: a very cool piece of wall art showing a variant cover for the upcoming Star Wars series from Marvel! I ordered a few copies of this book and it was very cool opening up the gift and finding this in there!

You outdid yourself Adam! Thank you for that and the very kind card you sent. (worship)

That wall art was tricky. At the time, they hadn't released what the final cover would look like...only the art (no logo). I had an idea of doing a mock up of it. I ran the idea by Dr. Balls and he just took off with it. Dr. Balls was great to work with and I couldn't have done it without him.

I'm glad you like it, Royce. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

-Adam

Merry Christmas!

That Untold story of Marvel is a great read! (thumbs u

Merry Christmas!

That Untold story of Marvel is a great read! (thumbs u

I can't wait :whee: