• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS : The Force Awakens Dec, 18, 2015

1,516 posts in this topic

It was cool to see Vader s helmet
To me along with that line of dialog confirms to me that Kylo Ren is

Han and Leia's son gone to the dark side.

Why couldn't it

be Luke?

I didn't see him/her in the trailer.

Why go through the trouble of casting Adam Driver then if Luke's Kylo Ren? To throw us off? It dosen't make sense. :facepalm:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3485845/?ref_=tt_cl_t11

Besides we saw the leaked photos of

Luke going all Gandalf the white on us with those white Jedi robes

The same reason Nolan cast Ken Watanabe and listed him as Rha's al Ghul in Batman Begins, with Liam Neeson being cast and listed as Henry Ducard. Up until the movie premiered, Watanabe was giving interviews as if he was really Rha's al Ghul. Perhaps that leaked photo of Luke/Mark Hamill was while they were filming his force ghost and those early rumors of Luke falling to the Dark Side are possibly true. hm

Although I enjoyed the trailer, I'm not feeling the same excitement that I used to have over Star Wars movies.

SW I-III must have done it to me.

:(

I thought it was awesome!

I can feel the stench of the prequels ebbing away....

Although I enjoyed the trailer, I'm not feeling the same excitement that I used to have over Star Wars movies.

Haven't seen the trailer yet, but I'm in the same boat as well. I was listening to Lucas's commentary on the original Star Wars last night (during the garbage shute scene) and he commented there was never intended to be prequels and the the main goal was just to throw you in the middle chaos. Normally a stunt like this never works as sy-fy at the time explained a little too much it's backstories. But, it worked just fine. We wanted more, but didn't need it too. Once the ho-hum prequels started to be released, it blunted the Saturday Matinee appeal of missing the previous chapters in the original saga, but you were gonna catch up with this one. My 2c

Man tickets around here went crazy. The first theater I tried was totally sold out within a couple hours of the trailer. The second one had so much traffic it crashed. Couldn't believe it!
I certainly don't see early tickets for BVS selling like this. This movie will be a blockbuster of epic proportions. :popcorn:

Most theaters around me are sold out with nothing more than single seats available. The reserved seating can lead to problems as everyone seems to put a spot in between themselves and the other party leading to a lot of singles seats available.

As far as Kylo Ren goes that is Adam Driver's character. Driver has said so himself and the voice on the toy confirms it.

I think

this Ren guy and the chicken with the staff are brother sister, one good one bad , and they are Han and Leia 's kids

That's correct, and that's why Luke went into hiding. He tried to train them both and when Ren went bad he blocked Rey's memories of it all and took her to a remote desert planet like what happened to him when he was young.

I was never a Star Trek fan but really enjoyed the last 2 films by JJ Abrams. When he was confirmed on Star Wars, I instantly got giddy with excitement.

This new trailer looks fantastic.

I was never a Star Trek fan but really enjoyed the last 2 films by JJ Abrams. When he was confirmed on Star Wars, I instantly got giddy with excitement.

This new trailer looks fantastic.

I definitely appreciated Abrams' Star Trek movies. He delivered the goods on those. So I have to assume the same on this effort. I'll have to go back and look the trailer over.

I think

this Ren guy and the chicken with the staff are brother sister, one good one bad , and they are Han and Leia 's kids

That's correct, and that's why Luke went into hiding. He tried to train them both and when Ren went bad he blocked Rey's memories of it all and took her to a remote desert planet like what happened to him when he was young.

These both I agree with. ^^ 's