• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS : The Force Awakens Dec, 18, 2015

1,516 posts in this topic

The new trailer is much better than the sneak peak. I don't see how anyone can believe this will be the phenomenon that the original series was when it was released. Is this just my generation being nostalgic? I've had a couple friends say this will be the biggest thing in movies since the original. lol

Rumored Final scene in Force awakens:

Kylo Ren Hold burnt Vader Helmet in his Hands. Takes off his own Helmet.

Then His Ears flop out.. Looks to the Sky and screams...

[font:Arial Black]MEEEESSAAA GONNA AVENGE YOU ANI.[/font]

Not sure if you are serious or an attempt at a joke.....

Seems like more than an attempt! lol

Rumored Final scene in Force awakens:

Kylo Ren Hold burnt Vader Helmet in his Hands. Takes off his own Helmet.

Then His Ears flop out.. Looks to the Sky and screams...

[font:Arial Black]MEEEESSAAA GONNA AVENGE YOU ANI.[/font]

Not sure if you are serious or an attempt at a joke.....

Seems like more than an attempt! lol

d105e18bccbd091f.jpg

I don't see how anyone can believe this will be the phenomenon that the original series was when it was released. Is this just my generation being nostalgic? I've had a couple friends say this will be the biggest thing in movies since the original. lol

Since people don't really understand the adjustment for inflation, this movie will easily blow past the original series in box office dollars.

The original was released at a time when movie theaters had about 2 screens and televisions had about 4 channels. Nothing beats the nostalgia for a generation who was a captive audience. lol

Anything that captures the attention of a significant portion of today's generation (20 screens in every theater, 400 channels on television, infinite movies that stream, video games with budgets as big as movies) will be a major phenomenon.

Full Video of John Boyega's reaction to the new trailer. I believe that they haven't seen any of the footage since they filmed. I also read that the scripts were in red paper so that you couldn't photo copy them. So cool to see the actors reaction to their own movie. I simply can't wait.

I don't see how anyone can believe this will be the phenomenon that the original series was when it was released. Is this just my generation being nostalgic? I've had a couple friends say this will be the biggest thing in movies since the original. lol

Since people don't really understand the adjustment for inflation, this movie will easily blow past the original series in box office dollars.

The original was released at a time when movie theaters had about 2 screens and televisions had about 4 channels. Nothing beats the nostalgia for a generation who was a captive audience. lol

Anything that captures the attention of a significant portion of today's generation (20 screens in every theater, 400 channels on television, infinite movies that stream, video games with budgets as big as movies) will be a major phenomenon.

+1

Old heads are getting on my nerves with their short-sided basic opinions.

Of course it will almost be almost impossible to ever beat the original trilogy's importance or nostalgia, but for anyone who is a fan of Star Wars that is not excited for what is to come is just down right moronic. Nothing about any of the episodes I II or III even came close to get an emotional response from me than what SW VII trailers did.

Episode VII just from the trailer you can tell is going to be one for the ages and IMO the 2nd best SW movie ever. Dark like Empire.

The last time I had a feeling of Holy $%&% from the trailers was Batman Dark Knight.

+1

Of course it will almost be almost impossible to ever beat the original trilogy's importance or nostalgia, but for anyone who is a fan of Star Wars that is not excited for what is to come is just down right moronic. Nothing about any of the episodes I II or III even came close to get an emotional response from me than what SW VII trailers did.

Episode VII just from the trailer you can tell is going to be one for the ages and IMO the 2nd best SW movie ever. Dark like Empire.

The last time I had a feeling of Holy $%&% from the trailers was Batman Dark Knight.

What about the younger generation? I have no doubt the 40 yo's will swarm but that will not make it a phenomenon.

How does this compare with Harry Potter or Hunger Games with today's generation?

Full Video of John Boyega's reaction to the new trailer. I believe that they haven't seen any of the footage since they filmed. I also read that the scripts were in red paper so that you couldn't photo copy them. So cool to see the actors reaction to their own movie. I simply can't wait.

Right there from his couch he had better passion than 99% of the actors from Episodes I II or III.

Everyone that made this movie you can tell actually cared.

12-18-15 all movie records will be destroyed and utterly embarrassed by this movie.

+1

What about the younger generation? I have no doubt the 40 yo's will swarm but that will not make it a phenomenon.

How old are you?

40 is not an older generation.

+1

How old are you?

How young could someone be now to understand the original and how much affect it had on entertainment? I believe The 40+ crowd will make this movie a hit. I have doubts that it will capture the imagination of today's youth like the original did. I'll be there with bells on but what does it have to amaze my son? The original was nothing short of amazing at the time.

+1

How old are you?

How young could someone be now to understand the original and how much affect it had on entertainment? I believe The 40+ crowd will make this movie a hit. I have doubts that it will capture the imagination of today's youth like the original did. I'll be there with bells on but what does it have to amaze my son? The original was nothing short of amazing at the time.

Yes of course nothing beats any original....but you at only 42 should obviously see just from the trailer your expectations will be meet. How in the world did you not get excited from seeing this trailer? All it does it remind me that it will be a classic and finally a true 4th installment in the Star Wars movie franchise.

SW Episode VII is like your favorite football team favored in the pre-season to win the Superbowl and they actually do it!

Movie is going to exceed expectations. Even when I was younger I could tell just from the trailers episodes I II and III were going to be disgraceful.

+1

How old are you?

Yes of course nothing beats any original....but you at only 42 should obviously see just from the trailer your expectations will be meet. How in the world did you not get excited from seeing this trailer? All it does it remind me that it will be a classic and finally a true 4th installment in the Star Wars movie franchise.

SW Episode VII is like your favorite football team favored in the pre-season to win the Superbowl and they actually do it!

Movie is going to exceed expectations. Even when I was younger I could tell just from the trailers episodes I II and III were going to be disgraceful.

I am going to think it is AWESOME! The trailer rocked, for me. I really enjoyed every Star Wars movie and am half way through the cartoon. I will watch anything Star Wars until the day I die. That is the impact of the original films. The only thing I did not like about the trailer is having another black mask but I'll get over it quickly.

I just don't see, with all the options and lack of special effects, Star Wars affecting the under 20 crowd like the originals did. Star Wars was way ahead of its time. This current instalment is not. That does not mean it won't be a hit. It may be a financial juggernaut.

Do you really see and of the under 20's remembering where they 1 St saw Star Wars in 20 years? I am hoping to take my son as I have fond memories of standing in the longest line I ever have waiting to see Return of the Jedi. I just don't see that for this release. That does not mean I don't want it to be. I just don't see it.

+1

How old are you?

I am going to think it is AWESOME! The trailer rocked, for me. I really enjoyed every Star Wars movie and am half way through the cartoon. I will watch anything Star Wars until the day I die. That is the impact of the original films. The only thing I did not like about the trailer is having another black mask but I'll get over it quickly.

I just don't see, with all the options and lack of special effects, Star Wars affecting the under 20 crowd like the originals did. Star Wars was way ahead of its time. This current instalment is not. That does not mean it won't be a hit. It may be a financial juggernaut.

Do you really see and of the under 20's remembering where they 1 St saw Star Wars in 20 years? I am hoping to take my son as I have fond memories of standing in the longest line I ever have waiting to see Return of the Jedi. I just don't see that for this release. That does not mean I don't want it to be. I just don't see it.

I think it is pretty much impossible for a movie today to match the impact that Star Wars had at the time it came out. It did 460 million in 1977 dollars, in a time when there was a tiny fraction of the screens we have today.

That said, this movie is going to be HUGE! The kids will go to it. It may not change their lives like the original did our generation, but there is no reason to think they will avoid it. Star Wars is a pretty popular franchise, even with the younger generation. What will give this huge legs though is that everyone else will go to it too. I think this movie breaks all revenue records as long as it is good. Maybe not adjusted for inflation though.

+1

How old are you?

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Do all your questions yes!

This is only the 2nd time in my life a trailer has made me want to wait in line for 10 hours to see a movie.

Dark Knight and this.

:news: Episode 8 will break Episode's VII records and be the Empire Strikes Back of this generation.

You have to remember I am in between your generation and the new one. I didn't get to see the 1977-83 movies in the theater. I was too young or not born yet. Friday night on VHS was my first experience.

How does this compare with Harry Potter or Hunger Games with today's generation?

My nephew is 12 and he can name every character from the original Star Wars because of... Legos and The Clone Wars cartoon.

He has never seen the original movies. He's already a big fan due to the least exciting aspects of Star Wars.

If Mickey Mouse can be important for 80+ years without really being more than a cartoon mouse, I'm pretty sure Star Wars can make a lasting impression on a second generation.

+1

How old are you?

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Do all your questions yes!

This is only the 2nd time in my life a trailer has made me want to wait in line for 10 hours to see a movie.

Dark Knight and this.

:news: Episode 8 will break Episode's VII records and be the Empire Strikes Back of this generation.

You have to remember I am in between your generation and the new one. I didn't get to see the 1977-83 movies in the theater. I was too young or not born yet. Friday night on VHS was my first experience.

Interesting. Well, here's hoping. :)

Okay back to the fun Star Wars discussion.....

I think we all know that this trilogy will give us some kind of swerve.

You can only pick one plot twist you wish would happen.

What would it be? :popcorn:

No spoiler tag needed.