• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS : The Force Awakens Dec, 18, 2015

1,516 posts in this topic

I would like to see Leia use the force in some capacity.

It would be great to see it happen at a critical point/time in the movie.

if you have are reading the comics you get to see her force power come into play when she around area with strong force enegy she see images of the past.

Which Cartoon are you watching Jeff? Clone wars or Rebels?

I love Rebels. The 1st season has some old school Star Wars feel to it.

Good question. Which came 1st?

Clone wars

Then I want to say I'm on Season 4. Took a break. I tend to binge watch.

I would like to see Leia use the force in some capacity.

It would be great to see it happen at a critical point/time in the movie.

if you have are reading the comics you get to see her force power come into play when she around area with strong force enegy she see images of the past.

Interesting. I haven't read a SW comic in years. What series? New Marvel?

Stormtrooper: Captain, this room's clear, it's just some old woman.

Leia waves her hand an the stormtrooper is knocked out against the wall.

Or blaster flies from trooper's hand into hers.

Maybe the reason the Storm troopers could not shoot her and Luke is that she was using the Force unconsciously to affect their aim.

their aim just sucks since their no longer using clone by that time.

Stormtrooper: Captain, this room's clear, it's just some old woman.

Leia waves her hand an the stormtrooper is knocked out against the wall.

Or blaster flies from trooper's hand into hers.

Maybe the reason the Storm troopers could not shoot her and Luke is that she was using the Force unconsciously to affect their aim.

their aim just sucks since their no longer using clone by that time.

d2eece5dcb187b58ee9a6c7d0c367736.jpg

Which Cartoon are you watching Jeff? Clone wars or Rebels?

I love Rebels. The 1st season has some old school Star Wars feel to it.

Good question. Which came 1st?

Clone wars

Then I want to say I'm on Season 4. Took a break. I tend to binge watch.

I hear clone wars is really good. Rebels just has one season and it's in this new official version of Star Wars ( Disney ). Season 2 just started last week. It's on Disney xD. It's made for kids, but it's got enough for adults also.

I don't see how anyone can believe this will be the phenomenon that the original series was when it was released. Is this just my generation being nostalgic? I've had a couple friends say this will be the biggest thing in movies since the original. lol

Since people don't really understand the adjustment for inflation, this movie will easily blow past the original series in box office dollars.

The original was released at a time when movie theaters had about 2 screens and televisions had about 4 channels. Nothing beats the nostalgia for a generation who was a captive audience. lol

Anything that captures the attention of a significant portion of today's generation (20 screens in every theater, 400 channels on television, infinite movies that stream, video games with budgets as big as movies) will be a major phenomenon.

+1

Old heads are getting on my nerves with their short-sided basic opinions.

Of course it will almost be almost impossible to ever beat the original trilogy's importance or nostalgia, but for anyone who is a fan of Star Wars that is not excited for what is to come is just down right moronic. Nothing about any of the episodes I II or III even came close to get an emotional response from me than what SW VII trailers did.

Episode VII just from the trailer you can tell is going to be one for the ages and IMO the 2nd best SW movie ever. Dark like Empire.

The last time I had a feeling of Holy $%&% from the trailers was Batman Dark Knight.

What about the younger generation? I have no doubt the 40 yo's will swarm but that will not make it a phenomenon.

How old are you?

40 is not an older generation.

How young could someone be now to understand the original and how much affect it had on entertainment? I believe The 40+ crowd will make this movie a hit. I have doubts that it will capture the imagination of today's youth like the original did. I'll be there with bells on but what does it have to amaze my son? The original was nothing short of amazing at the time.

Yes of course nothing beats any original....but you at only 42 should obviously see just from the trailer your expectations will be meet. How in the world did you not get excited from seeing this trailer? All it does it remind me that it will be a classic and finally a true 4th installment in the Star Wars movie franchise.

SW Episode VII is like your favorite football team favored in the pre-season to win the Superbowl and they actually do it!

Movie is going to exceed expectations. Even when I was younger I could tell just from the trailers episodes I II and III were going to be disgraceful.

I am going to think it is AWESOME! The trailer rocked, for me. I really enjoyed every Star Wars movie and am half way through the cartoon. I will watch anything Star Wars until the day I die. That is the impact of the original films. The only thing I did not like about the trailer is having another black mask but I'll get over it quickly.

I just don't see, with all the options and lack of special effects, Star Wars affecting the under 20 crowd like the originals did. Star Wars was way ahead of its time. This current instalment is not. That does not mean it won't be a hit. It may be a financial juggernaut.

Do you really see and of the under 20's remembering where they 1 St saw Star Wars in 20 years? I am hoping to take my son as I have fond memories of standing in the longest line I ever have waiting to see Return of the Jedi. I just don't see that for this release. That does not mean I don't want it to be. I just don't see it.

There was a movie that came out this summer that you could say the same thing about, Jurassic World. Sure it had dinosaurs, but so did a lot of TV shows, movies, and cartoons over the years. And guess what, that movie surprised everyone and was the #1 movie for the years both domestically and internationally.

Star Wars is huge with my kids and their friends, so I don't see how this movie won't be a huge hit domestically. They grew up on CW, Rebels, and Episode I - III. If I recall, those movies did better than okay when they were released. This movie has 2 generations of fans to draw on and that alone is going to be big.

Also consider China has never had an official release of the original Star Wars movie outside of a festival showing this summer; that country alone is going to be huge. China has never shown the original movie at theaters in wide release and yet there are at least a half a dozen comic book adaptation of the movie in that country.

Okay back to the fun Star Wars discussion.....

I think we all know that this trilogy will give us some kind of swerve.

You can only pick one plot twist you wish would happen.

What would it be? :popcorn:

No spoiler tag needed.

Not sure it's a twist but I'm praying to God that Han and chewie survive the movie. I am having sever anxiety attacks worried they are going to kill off my favorite two characters of my favorite franchise of all time.

I really can't take it!

We're all praying for Han and Chewie! But someone's not making it out alive.

Regarding the box office, I think this movie is going to go nuts. Word of mouth on top of sell-out opening weekends throughout the holidays should seal the deal for 2015, maybe all time.

The reason I say that with confidence is that JJ Abrams is really good at peddling nostalgia. His 'Star Trek' movies weren't revolutionary in the least, as he basically recycled favorite plots and villains with little twists along the way, but his command of the important characters and his ability to achieve poignancy from subtle shifts will definitely work in his favor.

Quick example -- in the new trailer, Han Solo, famous for his snide disregard of the Force in 'Star Wars' ("Ancient weapons and hokey religions are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid"), is now the one telling an awed younger generation, "They're real." Smart move there, one that plays on an audience's feeling that they ARE real -- for those of us who love them.

So I fully expect to see the original Star Wars plot rehashed with a younger generation...someone will die (like Obi-Wan), a villain will escape (Darth Vader), a young Jedi will explore his or her powers, and someone will emerge out of nowhere to save the day (Han in 'Star Wars', maybe Luke in 'The Force Awakens'?). I'm sure there are a dozen other moments that he'll insert as well.

Oh, and someone will say, "I've got a bad feeling about this" and someone else might respond to "I love you" with "I know" (My guess is that, in classic Abrams style, Leia will respond to Han this time around.)

:cloud9:

Dan

Smart move there, one that plays on an audience's feeling that they ARE real -- for those of us who love them.

Excellent point. It's why I felt a lump in my throat at that exact moment when I watched the trailer. To me, they ARE real...because they majorly helped shape who I am today...more than family & friends, to be specific.

We're all praying for Han and Chewie!
NIEN! The wookie And overrated smuggler must DIE! :sumo: I say bring back Lando. :headbang:

Yes! Lando is the effing MAN!!!!

Straight pimp in a galaxy far, far away.

158433.jpg

NIEN! The wookie And overrated smuggler must DIE! :sumo: I say bring back Lando. :headbang:

158433.jpg

That explains why Finn has Luke's light saber. The force is strong in the Skywalker family.

158433.jpg

That explains why Finn has Luke's light saber. The force is strong in the Skywalker family.

That's Lando's kid!!

:idea:

I've had that theory for awhile now. That would explain why his last name hasn't been revealed in any promotional products. Many think he's either a Skywalker/Calrissian or a descendant of Mace Windu.

And Rey's last name is Skywalker or Solo. JJ Abrams purposely hasn't revealed her last name. She is more than just a scavenger / nobody.

She just may be a new "Rey" of Hope. :)