• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,103 posts in this topic

Space Adventures 33 has had a couple of high sales recently. Not a book that comes up for sale very often.

Ten cent Charlton being discussed in a hot comics thread. I like it !

shhhhhh I don't have all I need yet! :makepoint:

What next...people.going after my Tower and Archie Superhero titles? :fear:

lol if it becomes hot then yes I see that happening

Over on the Lyria Exchange website, under most watched CGC graded comics, I see two copies of Brave and the Bold with an extremely high number of watchers. Also, just a few days ago I saw a ton of watchers on a Brave and the Bold #60 CGC graded issue. I think it's safe to say Teen Titan's are getting hot! hm

Time to sell?

Over on the Lyria Exchange website, under most watched CGC graded comics, I see two copies of Brave and the Bold with an extremely high number of watchers. Also, just a few days ago I saw a ton of watchers on a Brave and the Bold #60 CGC graded issue. I think it's safe to say Teen Titan's are getting hot! hm

Time to sell?

Hold until at least castings are announced for the upcoming TV show.

Time to sell?

Two of the top 3 Silver books are mine. I finally made it :acclaim:

Time to sell?

Two of the top 3 Silver books are mine. I finally made it :acclaim:

:headbang:

Space Adventures 33 has had a couple of high sales recently. Not a book that comes up for sale very often.

Ten cent Charlton being discussed in a hot comics thread. I like it !

shhhhhh I don't have all I need yet! :makepoint:

What next...people.going after my Tower and Archie Superhero titles? :fear:

I eagerly await the U.N.D.E.R.S.E.A. Agent movie

Showcase 30 is still moving up strong. An 8.5 just sold for $2600, which is over two-and-a-half times the price of best public sale ever on GPA. Also a 4.5 sold for $500 this week.

I've got to slab mine. Problem is I don't want to sell it ...8.0+ all day long

153986.jpg.80825ff93b85c54b5317eaaeef8a15c2.jpg

Time to sell?

Hold until at least castings are announced for the upcoming TV show.

I sold mine a couple of weeks ago for a nice profit. I marked mine up a good deal from what I paid for them (BB 54, BB60, and TT1, all CGC) and people didn't even bother to make an offer. Maybe I underpriced them, but they were in line with GPA and a good bit more than I paid for them. You can turn a pretty penny on them already, but ya, they still have room to climb.

Showcase 30 is still moving up strong. An 8.5 just sold for $2600, which is over two-and-a-half times the price of best public sale ever on GPA. Also a 4.5 sold for $500 this week.

I am honestly still trying to discern the significance of the book. (shrug)

-J.

-J.

It may take awhile lol

It is a neat book and was a bit undervalued but has shot way past a reasonable price for it. It is basically the first comic with Aquaman as the main feature/main character on cover.

Cool book which I do like, but I can think of a lot of other cooler comics to spend my money on

-J.

It may take awhile lol

It is a neat book and was a bit undervalued but has shot way past a reasonable price for it. It is basically the first comic with Aquaman as the main feature/main character on cover.

Cool book which I do like, but I can think of a lot of other cooler comics to spend my money on

I see A LOT of sellers on ebay calling it "the first SA Aquaman", "first Full Aquaman", etc. Undoubtedly that mis-information also has something to do with it. Money would be better spent on a BB 28 which predates it by nearly a year and also has him on the cover.

I think there's a whole lotta shuckin' and jivin' going on with this book.

-J.

-J.

It may take awhile lol

I see A LOT of sellers on ebay calling it "the first SA Aquaman", "first Full Aquaman", etc. Undoubtedly that mis-information also has something to do with it. Money would be better spent on a BB 28 which predates it by nearly a year and also has him on the cover.

-J.

...and Adventure 260 is before either. I don't personally think a cover appearance is more important than the true first appearance. Prices might disagree with me in the future though. Time will tell.

-J.

It may take awhile lol

-J.

I would agree with that. That is another cool fact that many don't knw about BB28; That it is actually the first cover appearance of Aquaman AND The Martian Manhunter.

-J.

It may take awhile lol

-J.

...and Adventure 260 is before either. I don't personally think a cover appearance is more important than the true first appearance. Prices might disagree with me in the future though. Time will tell.

This is true. But BB 28 made him "relevant".

And I did not know that it is also the first cover for MM. (thumbs u

-J.

-J.

It may take awhile lol

I cannot agree. It has always been an awesome book.

Showcase 30 is your typical early Silver Age DC key that is tough/tougher to find in mid- to high-grade. That quality alone is a big driver in the pricing we see. I still think Adventure 260 is the book to have which precedes Showcase 30 by a year and a half; Showcase 30 is a retelling of the Revamped character origin from Adventure 260.

Showcase 30 is your typical early Silver Age DC key that is tough/tougher to find in mid- to high-grade. That quality alone is a big driver in the pricing we see. I still think Adventure 260 is the book to have which precedes Showcase 30 by a year and a half; Showcase 30 is a retelling of the Revamped character origin from Adventure 260.

Seems to me if someone is (now suddenly because of a movie appearance) an early Aquaman "key" collector, the books to have are Adventure 260 and BB 28. Despite all the requisite ebay mis-information and carnival barking Showcase 30 is not an important book (from a substantive point of view) and is superfluous.

-J.

Showcase 30 is getting it's boost partly due to it's position within the Showcase run..... for D.C. collectors, the first tryout issue of a given character within Showcase has always been a prize. Mamoa seems heavily invested in his Aquaman role.... this may provide the Zeitgeist necessary to take the character across the goal line..... Hollywood wise. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u