• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,101 posts in this topic

Cool? No, it's sad seeing all the monkeys dance their dance time after time.

Yeah I guess it is tiresome, but how else would a book like Thor 132 or 133 ever shoot up in value without some movie hype around it. I don't see any harm unless you are trying to complete a run of Thor and now a couple of books became a little harder to obtain.

I don't think people will be doing hoops to buy the first appearance of Ego :insane:

I said the same thing about Howard the Duck and Rocket Raccoon after GOTG1. People are bananas.

True. But everyone had heard of Howard the Duck and I think many of us knew of Rocket, so I think these books have collectible value in them in grade. But "Ego"? No. This is comic book speculation at its finest -- has nothing to do with collecting.

Cool? No, it's sad seeing all the monkeys dance their dance time after time.

Yeah I guess it is tiresome, but how else would a book like Thor 132 or 133 ever shoot up in value without some movie hype around it. I don't see any harm unless you are trying to complete a run of Thor and now a couple of books became a little harder to obtain.

I don't think people will be doing hoops to buy the first appearance of Ego :insane:

I said the same thing about Howard the Duck and Rocket Raccoon after GOTG1. People are bananas.

True. But everyone had heard of Howard the Duck and I think many of us knew of Rocket, so I think these books have collectible value in them in grade. But "Ego"? No. This is comic book speculation at its finest -- has nothing to do with collecting.

Strictly speaking, Ego is a lot more important than Rocket Raccoon.

If no one would have used (and thwarted) Rocket Raccoon in this "Guardians of the Galaxy" the character's popularity would be very limited.

Also, one should also think "globally" nowadays: each and every italian reader of Thor in the 1970s and the 1980s still remembers Ego, while Howard the Duck was basically never been published here (until recently, as they did an Omnibus).

On top of all that, Ego was created by (Stan Lee and) Jack Kirby. :sumo:

Thor 132 is a warehouse find. It'll take a great deal of buying to corner the market with that book.

True, there are 66 CGC Universal in 9.8 alone, 367 in 9.4 or above. Those are big time numbers for a SA book.

Thor 132 is a warehouse find. It'll take a great deal of buying to corner the market with that book.

True, there are 66 CGC Universal in 9.8 alone, 367 in 9.4 or above. Those are big time numbers for a SA book.

I'm pretty sure that was one of the Mile High II books. Over time, Chuck sold off 100s (it wouldn't surprise me if it was more than 1,000) high-grade copies of that book.

I'm pretty sure that was one of the Mile High II books. Over time, Chuck sold off 100s (it wouldn't surprise me if it was more than 1,000) high-grade copies of that book.

So if you had to buy one. 132 or 133? 1st brief appearance or first cover & full?

So if you had to buy one. 132 or 133? 1st brief appearance or first cover & full?

#132.

They're both great books, btw. Lee and Kirby produced some great work with this title, as you no doubt know.

One should get both..... especially at current prices. Right now is the first time in years that I don't have a high grade 133...... it's one of my favorite SA Marvels...... great cover and the interior is full of Inspired Off The Chain Kirby.... square in the middle of the Inhumans/ Galactus/ Surfer/ Black Panther/ Him peak period. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

May be time for an upgrade to my BB28.. hm

lol, I bet a bunch of folks are thinking this might be the "last" time for an upgrade. After March I'd say the buy in may be exceptionally more difficult to achieve unless you're Daddy Warbucks or the Monopoly guy....