• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,101 posts in this topic

There must be a fugly 9.0+ out there now

While logistically, having two copies in the encapsulation room at the same time would be rare, perhaps it was a clerical error ? What if, the grade and grading notes were entered on the wrong book ? Maybe something as simple as they forgot to hit 'enter' on this book and kept typing.

Or maybe they were interrupted and came back entering the wrong data. Stuff happens.

I exchanged PMs with Paul last week, and he agreed to take another look at the book. I dropped it off Saturday at the CGC table at Long Beach Comic-Con.

I had the same thing happen with the same book. I really thought this would get a 9.4,really it's a stunner in hand.

bat23256862.jpg

I would gladly pay you 8.5 gpa for that book any day of the week Oakman!

Beautiful colours on this book! (thumbs u

No doubt. So what did they find that knocked it back so hard?

There's a small dot\stain on the upper right front cover in Robins blue circle,easy to see.otherwise the book is stunning. (shrug) from a 9.4\9.6 to an 8.5 for a tiny dot?

I had the same thing happen with the same book. I really thought this would get a 9.4,really it's a stunner in hand.

bat23256862.jpg

There's a small dot\stain on the upper right front cover in Robins blue circle,easy to see.otherwise the book is stunning. (shrug) from a 9.4\9.6 to an 8.5 for a tiny dot?

It's relatively well known that stains detract from the CGC grade a lot, even if small. I would have expected the grade to be even less ...

bat23256862.jpg

It's relatively well known that stains detract from the CGC grade a lot, even if small. I would have expected the grade to be even less ...

I don't know, looks more like foxing. The scan reflects it more pronounced than it really is.

It seemed to me that this Fantastic Four #48 had rusty staples, and it ended at over $1400… :P

http://www.ebay.it/itm/262064574029?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It seems to climb more and more every week, I wish I pulled the trigger last year.

But if it has rusty staples no way that it is in the VF range, i.e. VF and above, so no way that it would cost so much. :shrug:

I've sold two of my Daredevil 4s in the last day that have sat for the last few months with no activity. I guess people are finally waking up to the Purple Man craze.