• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,101 posts in this topic

I'm seeing Avengers #57 plummet back to Earth.

Feeling bad for anybody who bought the book a year ago.

Was that movie hype? Very unimpressed with The Vision in A2, and one of my favorite Avengers as a kid. Killer covers on 57 & 58

I think it's safe to say almost everything is movie/tv show related hype now.

+1. And to that end, Av57 will move back up as soon as Vision appears in the next Captain America Civil War trailer, which is probably a couple of months away. (Viz didn't appear in the trailer released last week.)

I would agree. I suppose now is a good time as ever to grab a copy.

Has anyone seen any major books take downturns recently? I'm talking about JIM83, Avengers #1, etc.

I think I've also seen a decrease in demand for TTA #35.

TTA 27 for sure, Strange Tales 110, even Hulk 1 seems to have slowed down and fallen a bit in mid grade.

On SA Marvels I think a long over-due cooling down period is here with some relatively modest corrections/adjustments taking place -- but also some exceptions (early ASMs, which had cooled off, are on the rise again). On SA DC (I'm talking pre-1963) there's still some room for growth, but not much more, then it's due to plateau. One important caveat: if 2016 hero movies like Supes/Bats and Captain America hit it out of the park, we're back on the crazy train again. These next 3 months might be a good time to nail down relative bargains. My 2c

I agree on Superman & Batman. I also think the JLA will rise along with the other JLA heros. GL keys will rise once he is introduced back into the movie world. Wonder Woman is already getting an increase across the board (long overdue).

ASM will probably rise again if they use Spiderman in avengers...

Link

:popcorn:

Pretty strong considering the 99% detached cover hm

Why such a jump. You could get fine copies for that a year ago

Market scarcity. If you can't afford WW1 or Sen1 or AllStar8, well, then, you gotta own WW98.

The marketplace rarely awards market scarcity alone. Otherwise, my NM Treasure Chest comics would be worth a fortune ! All the Wonder Woman from this era are very scarce.

Was WW98 truly "very scarce" as recently as 3 or 4 years ago? I don't recall that to be the case. A "tougher" book, maybe. Copies were out there, esp low grade ones. Today, it's become a tough book because it's hard to find in any grade.

I always liked Thor 133 better in terms of Ego. Cover and first full appearance, and seems to be tougher to get in high grade.

Regardless, it's always cool to see silver age books get bumps even if it because of a movie cameo.

I agree. Only reason I noticed is because I had my eye on one of the books that sold. Already have 133. Guess I'll just have to wait a while for 132.

Cool? No, it's sad seeing all the monkeys dance their dance time after time.

Yeah I guess it is tiresome, but how else would a book like Thor 132 or 133 ever shoot up in value without some movie hype around it. I don't see any harm unless you are trying to complete a run of Thor and now a couple of books became a little harder to obtain.

I don't think people will be doing hoops to buy the first appearance of Ego :insane:

Cool? No, it's sad seeing all the monkeys dance their dance time after time.

Yeah I guess it is tiresome, but how else would a book like Thor 132 or 133 ever shoot up in value without some movie hype around it. I don't see any harm unless you are trying to complete a run of Thor and now a couple of books became a little harder to obtain.

I don't think people will be doing hoops to buy the first appearance of Ego :insane:

I said the same thing about Howard the Duck and Rocket Raccoon after GOTG1. People are bananas.