• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,101 posts in this topic

9.4 JIM 102 sold on Heritage for 8K this week... why?

1st app of Sif (and throw in that it's a pedigree copy) would be my guess.

There is another CGC 9.4 on Heritage for sale...there have been 2 offers on it at $2500 and $4000.

That said, I still don't see how a 9.4 sold for 8 g's.

9.4 JIM 102 sold on Heritage for 8K this week... why?

1st app of Sif (and throw in that it's a pedigree copy) would be my guess.

There is another CGC 9.4 on Heritage for sale...there have been 2 offers on it at $2500 and $4000.

That said, I still don't see how a 9.4 sold for 8 g's.

Sif, Balder & Hela all first appeared in this issue. The Sif character shown in this book, really had no relation to the Sif character later introduced in the Thor series. She was a blonde haired goddess being held captive by Hela, hardly the dark haired warrior later appearing in Thor. I'd compare it to the multiple times a character named Thor appeared in comics in the 1940s & 1950s.

Sell into the movie hype and rebuy when the prices drop in a few months. (thumbs u

I need to sub my copy. Too many out there for a big runup to stand the test of time.

001_zpsehrgq6ts.jpg

Sell into the movie hype and rebuy when the prices drop in a few months. (thumbs u

Gorgeous copy!

I need to sub my copy. Too many out there for a big runup to stand the test of time.

001_zpsehrgq6ts.jpg

001_zpsehrgq6ts.jpg

Are you sure this is the best time to be submitting a gorgeous raw copy of a white-paged book like this, unless you were thinking of using the other company.

The more than likely Newton rings on this white paged copy could potentially kill the beautiful look and seriously damaged the market value of this book in its current raw condition. hm

001_zpsehrgq6ts.jpg

Are you sure this is the best time to be submitting a gorgeous raw copy of a white-paged book like this, unless you were thinking of using the other company.

The more than likely Newton rings on this white paged copy could potentially kill the beautiful look and seriously damaged the market value of this book in its current raw condition. hm

I have about 30 books at CGC now, and these will be the first I have subbed in the new holders. I am going to wait and see how they look before doing anything.

Will CGC reholder books for free that have particularly bad examples of the rings? They should, they make a lot of books look awful.

001_zpsehrgq6ts.jpg

I have about 30 books at CGC now, and these will be the first I have subbed in the new holders. I am going to wait and see how they look before doing anything.

Will CGC reholder books for free that have particularly bad examples of the rings? They should, they make a lot of books look awful.

That seems to be the consensus in the CG thread, but I believe they're out of the old slabs now.

Journey into mystery 99 or 97?

First Hyde or first Tales of Asgard? Both great books, IMHO, but if push comes to shove I'll take the issue with more Kirby art. JIM 97.

'Course I'm a reader/collector.

001_zpsehrgq6ts.jpg

That seems to be the consensus in the CG thread, but I believe they're out of the old slabs now.

Eh, the updated case does have an inner well....you know that, right?

The lack of an inner well is what caused the excessive newton ring effect on the 4/14 holders.

I got 18 books back from CGC 2 weeks ago, slabbed in the post 6/14 cases.

None of the cases have issues.

001_zpsehrgq6ts.jpg

Eh, the updated case does have an inner well....you know that, right?

The lack of an inner well is what caused the excessive newton ring effect on the 4/14 holders.

I got 18 books back from CGC 2 weeks ago, slabbed in the post 6/14 cases.

None of the cases have issues.

You do know the above "debate/question " was in May. (prior to newly added inner well)

:facepalm:

Journey into mystery 99 or 97?

First Hyde or first Tales of Asgard? Both great books, IMHO, but if push comes to shove I'll take the issue with more Kirby art. JIM 97.

'Course I'm a reader/collector.

99 is the first full appearance of Surtur :gossip:

I was really hoping this one would fly under the radar today. Blackhawk 133 (1st Appearance Lady Blackhawk). My $125 bid got blown out of the water, and the sale seems to support the lone GPA sale of a 7.0 at $478

I'm sure prices are primarily driven by scarcity + 1st appearance demand, but it seems to be heating up for sure. There have been real beaters going for almost $100 recently.

Blackhawk%20133_zps9spmkdoi.jpg

I was really hoping this one would fly under the radar today. Blackhawk 133 (1st Appearance Lady Blackhawk). My $125 bid got blown out of the water, and the sale seems to support the lone GPA sale of a 7.0 at $478

I'm sure prices are primarily driven by scarcity + 1st appearance demand, but it seems to be heating up for sure. There have been real beaters going for almost $100 recently.

Blackhawk%20133_zps9spmkdoi.jpg

Wow, just searched my past sales and saw that I had a similar copy as part of an eBay group that I sold in 2013 for.. $20! :cry: