• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,101 posts in this topic

May be time for an upgrade to my BB28.. hm

lol, I bet a bunch of folks are thinking this might be the "last" time for an upgrade. After March I'd say the buy in may be exceptionally more difficult to achieve unless you're Daddy Warbucks or the Monopoly guy....

My :wishluck: that this turns out to be the case. If the BvS cameos for other heroes go well then I hope that we will finally see the DC SA keys play catch up with their Marvel counterparts across the board.

Anyone notice the crickets and tumbleweeds blowing through this joint?

That's because the Silver Age market is stagnant. The Modern market is where the action is. :devil:

I have to agree pretty much everything has been talked about or hit higher prices on movie hyped comics.

That's because the Silver Age market is stagnant. The Modern market is where the action is. :devil:

Well, if the number of thread counts, post counts, and members viewing are any indication, it would appear that the GA market is where all the action really is by a long shot. :devil:

Well, if the number of thread counts, post counts, and members viewing are any indication, it would appear that the GA market is where all the action really is by a long shot. :devil:

Looking at the titles of the threads in the GA forum it appears that the same people are posting in GA and Modern. :devil:

In my opinion Doctor Strange 169 is still a good value with room for growth. Very affordable at 100 bucks give or take for solid mid-grade copies raw. With a potential of upping the grade with a press. I just bought one for an even hundred 5.0.

I'm very happy with the book. I am not an investor I am a collector with a very modest budget. Don't get me wrong, I do like and take pride in books that hold value. Price and collectability here is big. I always like the Doc. and I believe this character is going to click with alot of new fans.

Edited by Rick moma

In my opinion Doctor Strange 169 is still a good value with room for growth. Very affordable at 100 bucks give or take for solid mid-grade copies raw. With a potential of upping the grade with a press. I just bought one for an even hundred 5.0.

I'm very happy with the book. I am not an investor I am a collector with a very modest budget. Don't get me wrong, I do like and take pride in books that hold value. Price and collectability here is big. I always like the Doc. and I believe this character is going to click with alot of new fans.

I agree, so are his 2nd and 3rd appearances in Strange Tales.

why isnt there a thread for this. Every other era on here seems to have one. Just wondering.

Some books that are heating up (considering no movies in the works)

Teen titans (showcase and series)

1st app of Beast Boy in Doom Patrol

(probably due to movie/tv speculation)

Black Panther appearances in FF and ToS are on fire

Wonder Woman

Flash (especially Reverse Flash)

(low population)

Anything pre-hero Marvel/Atlas in any grade

Batman/Detective sci-fi covers mid-grade or higher

Yea 115 is a great pick! As 110 flies further out of most people's price range, 115 is the book to go to. For my budget I cannot spend the going price for even 115. So my "go-to" Strange book is 169.

It all has a trickle down effect in the end :) THE BEAUTY OF COMIC COLLECTING!

I had not been paying attention to this book, but it has really gone up since the movie announcement.

Aquaman #11

I'll say - there are about 20 copies up on ebay now with none better than a 4.0/5.0 and still everyone has an asking price over $100. The two that are up for Auction already have almost 60 bids between them. Things should really start to heat up now. :insane:

That black cover is a real problem. :pullhair:

I had not been paying attention to this book, but it has really gone up since the movie announcement.

Aquaman #11

I'll say - there are about 20 copies up on ebay now with none better than a 4.0/5.0 and still everyone has an asking price over $100. The two that are up for Auction already have almost 60 bids between them. Things should really start to heat up now. :insane:

That black cover is a real problem. :pullhair:

I still can't believe the way that title has bounced back, T.V. series or otherwise.