• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,221 posts in this topic

On 12/30/2014 at 11:50 AM, revat said:

Animaniacs 1, 2, 4-7, 9-10, 15, 16, 18, Christmas 1

So, with all the other weird stuff I'm already searching for, I know I'm gonna regret asking this. But I know some of these DC Universe variants are, erm, challenging. How bad is the Animaniacs "run"? I know #1 isn't too elusive, but I'm worried about some of those later issues...

On 5/28/2024 at 11:12 AM, revat said:

Most aren't brutally hard to get IMO, the rest you might have to overpay for depending how bad you want it.  But I'm not nearly as much of an expert on the rarity as some of the other folks here.

I feel like 16 is pretty hard to find, and 9 has a cool cover so people will definitely charge you hard for it.

But of course also there's plenty of joy in hunting in the wild, which is probably the funnest part of collecting these anyways (until you get last down to the last few you need of any set).  In most shops I've been to, the Animaniacs section is largely undisturbed and has been for a while.

It is admittedly always nice to be on the hunt for things that could plausibly exist in LCS boxes and the like. I just mostly wanted to make sure that I wasn't about to add something like the 35c variant Scooby Doo to my quest list. I've... I've got enough of that sort of thing queued up already, haha!

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 11:09 AM, EricKling said:

Do the packs from K-Mart contain DCU stickers? The pictures on the back of the box do not have them. 

_DSC5581.jpg

_DSC5582.jpg

Yes.

Edited to say. They are not stickered, but they are DCU.

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Add details

On 6/9/2024 at 10:54 PM, Warlord said:

There's no GL Annual #4 on the DCU list, so that's the one exception that is just a regular direct edition in that collector's set, right?

If remember correctly.  Yes. It is a regular direct.  Similar to some of the books in the Superman wedding set.

On 6/17/2024 at 9:04 PM, Brandon Shepherd said:

Here is what one YouTube video says about the rare and the ghosts of the DCU variants. What does this community here think? 

This is an older video that uses not only a LOT of wild speculation (and hype) , but they are using the other board information that is also very out dated.  So far the most complete and comprehensive list is this discussion here. 

On 6/17/2024 at 8:10 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

This is an older video that uses not only a LOT of wild speculation (and hype) , but they are using the other board information that is also very out dated.  So far the most complete and comprehensive list is this discussion here. 

Now I see “five years ago” in the description. This is what I get for trying to be relevant on the boards. :tonofbricks: (:

On 6/17/2024 at 9:15 PM, Brandon Shepherd said:

Now I see “five years ago” in the description. This is what I get for trying to be relevant on the boards. :tonofbricks: (:

No worries.  Some of what they say isn't totally off. For instance there have been and are some that have only had 1 copy surface to date. There are a lot that there have only been 10 or less that have been shown. This doesn't mean that next week someone will show up with hundreds of them they found from old Toys R us / Kay Bee Toys / KMart / Target close out backstock. Just a few pages back these were shown where a seller sold off about 10 packs. Until that surfaced there were only believed to be about 10 or so copies found so far Screenshot_20240413_135054_eBay.thumb.jpg.307506c69f4b8c9fe1eeb696bc044376.jpg

Again even if a book has only had 1 found right now  doesn't mean that is it. Although part of the allure and why come of these go for crazy money is that it could be that some of these might be the only remaining copy. (More than likely not, but possible) 

Just the fact that issues that no one have seen before, even now where there are people actively looking still have some new ones been found.

Like this aquaman that showed up here on the boards , but sold on ebay. Still the only copy I have seen. Would love to see anyone else share even a picture of their copy if they have one.Screenshot_20230827-231730_eBay.thumb.jpg.de8bd613e8284cc6fd6f6f2cba0a2bf5.jpg