• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movies/TV/Video Games Subforum General Discussion Thread
7 7

517 posts in this topic

On 10/24/2023 at 5:06 AM, Bosco685 said:

Matthew Vaughn got it right with that quote above about CGI VFX effects with me, as in the last few years it seems as if I was paying to watch video games on the screen.

Frankly, I rather actually play video games than watch them on the screen, so yeah that`s a good quote by Matthew Vaughn the director of The Kingsman.

On 11/19/2023 at 3:02 AM, Ken Aldred said:

I just found it to be very tame, and not really representative of an horrendous, brutal conflict.

Gotcha. I didn't watch the movie for it's representation of the conflict, but even so I thought they did that REALLY well. They didn't pull punches at show the atrocities of war, they just didn't dwell on them in much the same way in Apocalypse Now was about Sheen's journey. 

But the "feel" of the movie, and I'm not sure if people can relate but some movies have this ability to create and isolate this dry (in a good way), clear feeling as it moves you through the narration and it never lost sight of that "feel" I'm talking about around the lead character. 

Anyway, always interesting to hear how everyone gets something different from the same film. 

On 11/19/2023 at 9:50 PM, VintageComics said:

I guess I don't understand how that's fair or even logical. 

I started a movie thread thread about a topic I've had a genuine interest in for 7 or 8 years now, and have lost 5 friends in the last year to opioid overdose - my last friend was buried on my birthday 2 months ago, it was moved to a place where I can't see it anymore, but it was only moved after someone who doesn't like me complained. ???

Why didn't they complain about any of the other threads?

Then the rules changed, but only for me. All the other threads that don't belong get to stay. lol

Wow. OK. I thought things would be different after 3 years of this but I guess some things haven't changed. 

I believe this is why so many people constantly attack me, because they feel that moderation approves of impartial treatment. 

That's fine. It doesn't bother me one bit but I am going to point it out when it's so clear. 

Anyway, moving on. I'm obviously the problem. doh!

376427714_994689011645147_5029320270814587861_n.thumb.jpg.91e0efa01d661dccc676f7b3a5a287bd.jpg

On 11/19/2023 at 10:56 PM, Nick Furious said:

I think you have a reasonable grievance; I just don't think that being aggrieved is the way to go.  Transcend the pettiness rather than reciprocate.  Rise above it.  Don't give this forum and its members that much power over you.   

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Moved this from the Killer Moon / Scorcese thread so we don't continue to derail it. :smile:

I guess I'm not sure what you mean about transcending the pettiness.  Where did I reciprocate? Where was I petty? ???

If there's one person who doesn't reciprocate it's me. I've taken it for years but I don't dish it back (except for one post which was deserved).

If someone you cared about was dealt with improperly, would you just 'take the high road' and not say anything or would you air a grievance? Having grievances is healthy. It fosters discourse and forces consideration of issues that would otherwise just be washed away. 

Dude, I have no way of convincing you except by stating that I genuinely don't get mad, upset or frustrated about these forums. My life is so much more fulfilling and bigger than an internet chat forum. 

The only thing I'm upset about is that I've lost many the friends to overdose.

Anyway, it's now clear that there are two standards. I don't need to say anything else.

Edited by VintageComics

On 11/19/2023 at 8:15 AM, Bosco685 said:

Arnold demonstrating his range

AI is truly scary

On 11/21/2023 at 7:57 AM, CGC Mike said:

I've cleaned up the thread.  If this "feud" continues here or in another thread, time off will most likely follow.

Mike, can we just tighten the noose on contentious posts in general, overall? 

We are living in a very politically charged atmosphere but it doesn't have to get personal. Personal insults are just far too common these days.

And that includes me. If I'm involved with contentious posting, I'm happy to get stung by moderation. 

Edited by VintageComics

Also for those fans of James Cameron's work before he solely decided to make movies about blue cat people... True Lies, Aliens, and the Abyss are all getting the 4K treatment! :banana:

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=33549

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=33561

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=33560

Was this movie a dud?

Just yay or nay will do.

I thought it was to be continued....

Vague memory going over things that I've seen and scratching my head at how much I've watched to forget about doh!

5734339_Full_Rev.jpg

On 12/9/2023 at 9:26 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Was this movie a dud?

Just yay or nay will do.

Vague memory going over things that I've seen and scratching my head at how much I've watched to forget about doh!

5734339_Full_Rev.jpg

Nevermind Google works, I guess I just had years or more lapse when forgetting and expecting a conclusion lol

Screenshot_20231209_214633_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/9/2023 at 10:26 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Was this movie a dud?

Just yay or nay will do.

5734339_Full_Rev.jpg

It was forgettable...

On 12/10/2023 at 11:50 AM, Namtak said:

It was forgettable...

I usually keep the wristbands as a souvenir and write on it the date and etc, (for this specific reason, I'll forget lol ) and for some odd reason on this band I wrote "it was pretty good!" I may have been newish to lining up for these or something :insane: 
I just recalled upon reading that after watching, it seemed to set up for another :jawdrop:

On 12/10/2023 at 12:54 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I usually keep the wristbands as a souvenir and write on it the date and etc, (for this specific reason, I'll forget lol ) and for some odd reason on this band I wrote "it was pretty good!" I may have been newish to lining up for these or something :insane: 
I just recalled upon reading that after watching, it seemed to set up for another :jawdrop:

I remember watching this as a free rental. It had potential. But for some reason I couldn't see this building any excitement for the story. Just a bunch of scenes that could have achieved this goal if handled differently.

And when that final scene came, it felt like a relief to me that we were near the end.