• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Next up is a neat piece I got at an estate sale. It is a hand drawn/inked get well card. Probably given to some one who worked at the studio. Judging from where I got it and the clothes of the woman in the drawing, looks like mid 1940's. Can any one tell me who the artist might be? Looks like Barks maybe. I know a lot of artists worked there and they had to follow the "house style". It is signed by someone, but I can't figure out who it is. Just curious. Any help would be appreciated!

duckart_zpsd6a49a47.jpg

Last one today is the ATO McBomb pinback button. Something you don't see everyday or most like never. Interesting little button. I found it years ago and liked it's look. Thought it might be comic book or radio related. I have seen 2 over the years in Ted Hakes auctions. He wasn't sure either but listed it as a comic book. Then lo and behold, I was thumbing through the all Matt Baker issue of Alter Ego magazine and found this. Looks like it might never have been produced. The buttons were probably promo items never distributed. Too bad he wasn't a dame!

Sorry, the photo looks a little distorted. The button is 1-1/4" round and is a cello covered metal.

atomcbombpin_zpsb4a1e979.jpg

Next up is a neat piece I got at an estate sale. It is a hand drawn/inked get well card. Probably given to some one who worked at the studio. Judging from where I got it and the clothes of the woman in the drawing, looks like mid 1940's. Can any one tell me who the artist might be? Looks like Barks maybe. I know a lot of artists worked there and they had to follow the "house style". It is signed by someone, but I can't figure out who it is. Just curious. Any help would be appreciated!

duckart_zpsd6a49a47.jpg

I don't think it's Barks. He seldom, if ever, drew the ducks in profile that way. Still a very neat piece.

Thanks for sharing!! Most people have never seen the Superman Great Britain pinback button. I know of only two examples and this might be the third depending. comicbookpremiums_zpsd424f76f.jpg

Last one today is the ATO McBomb pinback button. Something you don't see everyday or most like never. Interesting little button. I found it years ago and liked it's look. Thought it might be comic book or radio related. I have seen 2 over the years in Ted Hakes auctions. He wasn't sure either but listed it as a comic book. Then lo and behold, I was thumbing through the all Matt Baker issue of Alter Ego magazine and found this. Looks like it might never have been produced. The buttons were probably promo items never distributed. Too bad he wasn't a dame!

Sorry, the photo looks a little distorted. The button is 1-1/4" round and is a cello covered metal.

atomcbombpin_zpsb4a1e979.jpg

I am seeing stuff I have never seen in 50 years of collecting...keep it up...the thead of the year.

duckart_zpsd6a49a47.jpg

I don't think it's Barks. He seldom, if ever, drew the ducks in profile that way. Still a very neat piece.

Looks like Kelly to me. The woman's face and the ducks...

Hi TomYeah it is a scarce one. I only personally know of one other. I got it from a collector in England years ago. I traded him a U.S. 1940 version for it.

Thanks for sharing!! Most people have never seen the Superman Great Britain pinback button. I know of only two examples and this might be the third depending. comicbookpremiums_zpsd424f76f.jpg

I've got a couple of those. Just haven't dipped into the sci fi boxes yet. I pulled out a bunch of annuals and giants this weekend, Also did some misc GA stuff and pulps. I have my stuff by publisher and genre. My aim is to put up stuff that most people haven't seen. Most comics have been shown here many times so I will look for ones I think are a little more obscure. So I will get around to it.

Here's one to get you started. It ain't the best copy but I'm glas to have one at all. I think tricolorbrian started a thread on this and got very little response. I wasn't on the boards then so it hasn't been posted. I don't have much else in sci fi annuals.

comspacethrillers_zps4f561020.jpg

Here is annother cool sci fi book

boundvolumes2_zps90556ce8.jpg

and one more...

combuckrogerspaul_zps295c3f49.jpg

OK, Kids, here is another Baker oddity. Record Book of Famous Police Cases Giant WITH the Mexican version. Can't be many of these out there. This weekend I delved into my Giant/Annual boxes. I forgot how many St John annuals I had. (I think I am missing only 2). I used to buy every one I could because I loved annuals and Matt Baker did most of the St John ones. They aren't all Romance though. I've got to put them on my photobucket. Any you would like to see first?

LOVE the colors on this one!

comrecordpolicecase_zpsa5513ca6.jpg

comrecordpolicespanish_zpsab98e6d7.jpg

Last one for today. Got a request for Capt. Marvel. Here are a couple rare ones. The puzzle is English. Got it when I was overseas. The bag is also pretty hard to find. You see the Supermans from time to time, but not this one.

Enjoy!

captmarvelpuzzle_zps1d4b4ca2.jpg

captmarvelbag_zps870f6bee.jpg

SHAZAM!!!!!!

duckart_zpsd6a49a47.jpg

Looks like Kelly to me. The woman's face and the ducks...

The Ducks are more in an Al Taliaferro model, but I guess it could have been any artist working at the studio. That is a great piece! :cloud9: