• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

I tried 10 years ago but he had died, and his son wouldn't part with the truck. Well, you live and learn...but I'm very happy with the comics and the magazines...I like old magazines, especially Rockwell Posts...

I have several other old magazines I've gotten for next to nothing along the way, including the Life issue pictured inside Mad #11.

Edited by tricolorbrian

Amazing! I'm a flea market/estate sale fiend but have yet to hit anything that cool.

(Aside from a 1960's Spiderman poster I found hanging from a tree at a yard sale.)

Seems like the scores just aren't out there like they were when I started 10-15 years ago. Still, the hunt is half the fun!

Thanks for sharing the awesome goodness!

I'm going to make a generalization, but on this board we've probably seen the comics you have to post, but probably have not seen the majority of the other stuff - I, for example, haven't seen all those cool club membership things. So, if you have time limitations, please put that kind of stuff up.

Of course, I want to see the comics too... :applause:

so glad that BlowUpTheMoon posted the link to this thread in the flea market/garage sale finds from the Comics General forum.

awesome stuff-- and please feel free to hang out anywhere you want. There are only a handful of people on these boards who act like jerks -- you aren't alone in trying to get around that type of nonsense.

WTTB -- great addition and fantastic collection!

OK gang. This has gotton a lot bigger than I thought it would. I pretty much assumed that this being a comic book board, that is what you guys wanted to see. I am a little surprised at the reaction to the other stuff. As you can see, I love everything. I am pretty focused on the catagories I collect and pretty much only hang on to the vintage stuff.

My question to you boardies is how would you like to see this thread progress? I can't show you everything as I doubt I'd live that long. So, would you like say a few comics, a few pulps, a rack, a few premiums, a few toys ect or feature a larger "category" of stuff at one time? I have limited time to do this. I work full time, have a family, and lots of interests other than collecting. I obviously like spending time running down and finding this stuff. So it doesn't leave me a ton of time for this. I will have to pull stuff out and photo it ect. Looks like I will have to do this mostly on the weekends and post a bunch of stuff at once when I get a bunch of photos. So your patience and opinion will help.

Also a few have said, post everything in this thread. That will work for most of it except the comics maybe. Shouldn't I post Baker books in the Baker thread or precode books in the precode thread ect? Seems like they all belong together. I don't mix them all together in one box. I guess it is the OCD in me being a collector. I like organization. Sounds like maybe you want a thread like Bang Zooms? Now that was the best thread I ever saw on the boards. When he posted All American Comics up to #15 we all held our breath and then that beautiful #16 rolled out. Wow, that was fun! By the way, were is Bang Zoom? I hope he didn't burn out or get pissed off and I don't want to go that way. I'd like to do this slowly in some kind of order. Let me know your thoughts and glad I can make you guys (and gals SHARON!) happy.

Bob

anyone have a link handy for the Bang Zoom thread he is talking about? sounds intriguing.

The Tales of Terror annual is annother one I want "put in the box" when I go. It's a pretty nice copy that I got from Moondog when he first got on ebay. Probably the most I ever spent for a comic up to that time. I laugh at the price now but then it was a lot of money for me.What make it even more special it has Crypt #20 (#1), VOH #12 (#1), HOF #15 (#1) and WS #13 (#2) contents! I will try and take a better shot of it next time I have it in hand.

Hi Bob! God, I loved that book! I still kick myself for selling it. One of my all-time favorites! When I get together with comic buddies I have talked about that copy more than any other book I've ever owned.

Welcome to the boards. It's great you here.

Gary

How 'bout some Comic bound volumes? The Wings set I got from George Tuska and he signed it inside the front cover. It is #1-12. The Disney set is a two volume set of all the Donald Duck Barks one shots. Also got Scrooge 1-40 in two volumes from a local guy that bought them from Cherokee and had them bound. The 9 has a $6. pencil price inside the cover! I love bound volumes!

boundvolumes4_zps557b1435.jpg

Those are fantastic! I like bound volumes a lot as well.

Fan-dam-tastic! I used to see a Dell rack similar to that in a small corner market type store on Cape Cod Mass. I always wanted to ask the owners if they wanted to sell it. And then one year, it was just gone :cry:

Welcome to the boards! Thank you for sharing your collection (worship)

dellcomicrack_zps75f0f72a.jpg

Bob

Hi Johnny, yes there were Atlas along with Harvey, EC, Story Pubs. and most of the pre-code companies. I don't have it handy but I do remember Chamber of Chills #19, Dark Mysteries #12,13, Astonishing #30 and others. A great cross section of all titles. Was fun just turning the pages to see what what was in there.

Awesome, would love to see more pics! Thanks for the response.

Hi Gary: Yeah, that is one of my favorite top 5 books reguardless of value. I was going thru a bad time but HAD to have it. It's in my collection for good. I've had several PMs wanting to buy it but it ain't going nowhere. I hate regrets in selling stuff. I sold a Great Comics #3 years ago and have regretted it ever since. I sold my Supe #1 and a bunch of heavy books years ago but it was to buy a house so not real sad. Besides, you can get a Supe #1 but not a book like this with the contents it has. Side note, I had it signed at bottom the the first page by Al Feldstein a couple years ago. I guess you guys might call that defaced but I love it everytime I open it!

Hi Porcupine. Yeah, I will try and do the orange Felix for you. It's big about 18" tall and made of composition. I also have a similar black one and think a red one as well. I've got something even better Felix wise though that I will probably do first.