• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

That seems to be the consensus. I now tend to agree. It is kind of weird that so many artists could draw in the same style. Also most Disney stuff doesn't seem to be dated. Walt ran his company with an iron fist. I worked at the studio for a short time and there were a lot of rules. I was a bit of a rebel and didn't fit in too well...

OK, Kids, here is another Baker oddity. Record Book of Famous Police Cases Giant WITH the Mexican version. Can't be many of these out there. This weekend I delved into my Giant/Annual boxes. I forgot how many St John annuals I had. (I think I am missing only 2). I used to buy every one I could because I loved annuals and Matt Baker did most of the St John ones. They aren't all Romance though. I've got to put them on my photobucket. Any you would like to see first?

LOVE the colors on this one!

comrecordpolicecase_zpsa5513ca6.jpg

comrecordpolicespanish_zpsab98e6d7.jpg

Great stuff. I have a copy of the U.S. edition but I've never seen the Mexican edition before.

And, along the same lines, here is the Green Lama "Escapo" Membership Kit from the comic books. I love the WWII vibe. Only thing missing is the mailing envelope. Unfortuanately, there was never a button or badge...

greenlamakit_zps82bf4085.jpg

I noticed different names on the Green Lama cards (this one and the one with all the premiums) - wow! 2 different cards! (worship)

One million dollars!

Do you take comic book coin? I have a significant share in an Avengers Annual 7. :banana:

?format=500w

I think this is a joke...it cant really be real....

I'd bet an avengers annual 7 that its actually real lol As in a REAL terrible idea :facepalm:

One million dollars!

Do you take comic book coin? I have a significant share in an Avengers Annual 7. :banana:

?format=500w

I think this is a joke...it cant really be real....

One thing is for sure, if it is real and takes off, the top is really in...run for the exits.