• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Go to the first page and imagine it with the middle panel at the bottom. It didn't originally come that way. It came as you see it on page one of this thread. WhenI found the extra panel I just had to have it and slid it into the bottom. What are the odds to find just this piece by it's self? I am planning to do a "Rack" post one of these days and show all the various racks I currently have. (5 I think).

I know I posted this photo at the beginning but thought it deserves to go up again here. Shows a lot of pre-MAD Alfred stuff including the paperweight.

madstuff_zps3bf9e1a2.jpg

Your collection of "junk" never ceases to amaze me.

Go to the first page and imagine it with the middle panel at the bottom. It didn't originally come that way. It came as you see it on page one of this thread. WhenI found the extra panel I just had to have it and slid it into the bottom. What are the odds to find just this piece by it's self? I am planning to do a "Rack" post one of these days and show all the various racks I currently have. (5 I think).

I hope "one of these days" is really really soon.

Bob,

I know that you would appreciate the collection that I picked up from one source last year.

The club kits are neat, but the Shadow stickers from 1934 are rare, especially in NM condition.

Premiums1_zpsb8f8f26f.jpg

Dwight

www.theshadow.ca

Edited by detective35DF

Next up is an advertisement for a law office I believe. It is dated 1914 (a little older than the sign by about 15 years) First depiction of the "Me Worry?" saying I know of. Only one I've ever seen. Is this Alfred?

alfredeneuman1914picture_zpscgy2wnxg.jpg

wow that's amazing

+1 I want that so bad.

Bob,

I know that you would appreciate the collection that I picked up from one source last year.

The club kits are neat, but the Shadow stickers from 1934 are rare, especially in NM condition.

Premiums1_zpsb8f8f26f.jpg

Dwight

www.theshadow.ca

Wow, Dwight! That is pretty mind blowing. A complete set of Street & Smith premiums with the stickers none the less. These guys have no idea how hard that stuff is to find. You cheated though, and bought it all at once. Amazing it was from the original owner!

And finally another cool flea market score. A 1950's wooden Dell comics store rack. One of several old comic racks I've turned up over the years. I switch it up all the time. I just had it full of Christmas comics. My non-collection friends always find it fun.

dellcomicrack_zps75f0f72a.jpg

Bob

Someone just put one of those Dell racks up on ebay, albeit in much worse shape than yours and probably at a much higher price ($1,200), but I'm sure it will sell. And before my mention of eBay sets off the usual whines complaining about the site, I want to say that there are still incredible deals and finds to be made on eBay. I just picked up this rack on eBay ... for cheap: _57.jpg
Wow! Awesome rack! I've never seen one like that. Very easy to date. I actually prefer the folding racks like that. They take up a lot less room if not in use. Funny thing, my Dell rack is complete as pictured. But, about a year later, I found another one of the blue panels with wording on it at an antique show all by it's self. I bought it and put it at the bottom so now mine has 3 blue panels. I recently picked up a cool 1950's Little Golden Book wire hanging rack. Only one I've ever seen. I will try and shoot a photo and post it later.
Little Golden Books :cloud9: .....post 'em if ya got 'em :baiting: I just got back from the Williamsburg Film Festival that has a focus on old vintage movies with a focus on westerns. My comic dealer buddy there has a friend / partner who usually brings LGB's but didn't this year. He'll usually have real nice first print examples. GOD BLESS...-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u
2554059906_f188b8cbec.jpg I don't have a lot of little Golden books but I do have this Top Top Tales by Barks. Edited by BB-Gun

Here's another weird, very small subset of comic covers. Covers with comic creators on the cover. Only three photo covers I know of.

First is Headline #37 sporting a Jack Kirby photo cover. This is the Crippen copy (if it matters to any one)

comheadline37crippen_zpsf4t6mdaw.jpg

Yep, I have always loved this book. :applause:

Here's another weird, very small subset of comic covers. Covers with comic creators on the cover. Only three photo covers I know of.

First is Headline #37 sporting a Jack Kirby photo cover. This is the Crippen copy (if it matters to any one)

comheadline37crippen_zpsf4t6mdaw.jpg

Next up is Black Rider #8 (#1) from 1950 with a Stan Lee photo cover. I wonder if he had ever had anyone ask him to sign one?

comblackrider8_zpsmlv16cco.jpg

lol I assume you are joking. There are 2 universal copies on the census and 9 sig series.

Interestingly, there are no copies of My Own Romance 12 on the census, sig series or otherwise.