• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

I've got "a room". The room also has whole wall closet that is 12 foot high inside. In the room are several display cases and a high ceiling. I also have a couple display cases in our den and living room. My wife doesn't go in "the room" much so it is fair game. The rest of the house has a little bit in each room "tastefully" displayed. I rotate stuff around when the mood hits. My wife also has a "room" and is an antique dealer so her stuff gets spread out a little as well. Difference is that she is a dealer and EVERYTHING can be for sale.

You know, I think I have a lot of stuff until I see other people's collections that take over their whole house. I probably have more GA and SA comics than anything else. That takes up a lot of space for magazine boxes in the closet...

tomcorbettpremiums_zpsgz80rhht.jpg

Quick question RM.

Do you prefer the "Membership Card" type paraphernalia "pristine" or signed in a child-like scrawl?

Me? If it is part of a membership "kit" then I'd prefer everything (including the mailer) as minty as possible.

If it's a stand alone flea market type offering, I actually like the "provenance" that the signature of, say, a Junior Justice Society member adds.

That's just me though. Your thoughts?

I usually prefer as mint and un-signed as possible. But, with stuff like this, it's so hard to find in some cases that you take what you are lucky enough to find. Usually membership kits have the kid's name and address on them though.

I once found an Orphan Annie "secret compartment" decoder badge with a little girl's hand written message in it. I pulled it out, read it, smiled and put it right back as it should have been.