• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Robot Man, This Ad was on the inside cover of an early Eagle comic.

Have you ever run across an actual "US Jones National Emergency Kit"? I've never even heard of US Jones before. He looks like a cross between Captain America & The Phantom.

P1100867-1_zps1velhhky.jpg

Edited by gadzukes

That is my grail premium wise. I've never owned one. I know of one complete kit that was auctioned on Hakes many years ago. I only know of one button by it's self. I believe it is owned by Geppi's son. The club only ran in a few Fox issues. Everybody knows how tough US Jones books are but have no idea on this club kit. I would venture to say there are no more than 5 or 6 that exist. (and that might be generous). Much rarer than an Action #1.

Walter Koneg is one of the biggest collectors of character buttons. He has never owned or seen one either and he's got some unimaginable rarities.

I could go on and on with comic book club kits that I have. There are a lot especially DC ones. But this is also to the best of my knowledge, the only one of these known. Ted Hake has never heard of a complete kit. The button is fairly available for a comic book premium. I have two duplicates but the paper work is un-heard of.

speedcomicskit_zps800e91b5.jpg

comlaugh64_zpsgghqcr25.jpg
At least the redux didn't turn out to be a drag :D

Thanks for the repost. Funny my favorite pop culture character is known for his drag routine, but I can think of only one golden age comic cover with Bugs in drag ( Porky also got in on the act on that cover.). Waiting for a nice copy so I don't have that one to add to the mix.

Edited by Sagii

That is my grail premium wise. I've never owned one. I know of one complete kit that was auctioned on Hakes many years ago. I only know of one button by it's self. I believe it is owned by Geppi's son. The club only ran in a few Fox issues. Everybody knows how tough US Jones books are but have no idea on this club kit. I would venture to say there are no more than 5 or 6 that exist. (and that might be generous). Much rarer than an Action #1.

Walter Koneg is one of the biggest collectors of character buttons. He has never owned or seen one either and he's got some unimaginable rarities.

What does the US Jones "Membership Badge" look like? Is it that circular piece of artwork in my photo above?

What does the US Jones "Membership Badge" look like? Is it that circular piece of artwork in my photo above?

Yes, but instead of a full figure pose of him, it was a head shot only.

I love the Ad itself. Everyone was jumping on the Club Membership Bandwagon back in those early years. Superman, Captain America, Captain Marvel, and US Jones.

I know several older premium collectors who have been chasing them all of their lives, but no one comes close to matching Bob's collection. It is simply amazing and we are all so lucky that he is sharing it with us. Thanks, Bob!

Robot is THE MAN!!! did someone say US Jones!!! :cloud9: I want a Membership badge!!

Robot Man,

In your many junking trips, did you ever acquire the Operator 5 ring or The Spider pulp ring.

Really love you stories. Tonight, I will gawk at the Doc Savage pin that you sold me earlier this year.

I have owned a Spider ring but traded it away in a weak moment. I have never owned an Operator 5 ring. It is my favorite of the two.

Thanks for the Jimmy Olsen cross dressing post. Never seen that one before.

Neat article here don't knowing it's been posted before in this thread...

http://scoop.previewsworld.com/Home/4/1/73/1016?articleID=80729

Thanks for this Gino. I remember seeing it but there are folks who probably never have. (or could care less). I really think they are generous on the amount of these that exist. It would be a Gerber 10 so stand in line behind me for that button...

So I got up real early with the chickens to do some "picking" this morning...

I don't normally buy Dells or Funny Animals much any more but these were so early and so pretty and the gnarly old geezer said "$5.00 each NO DISCOUNTS!" when I enquired.

So I threw him a small pile of dead presidents and scooped up the pile.

I especially like the Terry Toons with the 2nd Mighty Mouse and "Atomic Bomb" golf cover!

comicsventura1_zps3uhdnngn.jpg