• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Thanks Scrooge. Looks like mostly underground artists and artists that they were under contract with at the time.

Bummer that there is no Schomburg, Wood, Williamson or Matt Baker. These are just my favorite artists. I'm sure you all have favorites that aren't in the set as well.

Guess it's been a few months since catching up on your thread here! On your recap of Terry's show, you make no mention of Paul Gulacy or Joe Jusko? I guess having a table ties you down on the socializing. Also surprised that you make no mention of Tony Riola, in that he too is A Long Beach native? I guess the comic strip material is not Golden Age 'ish' enough to spark your interests? Anyway, glad to hear there's still money to be made, out there.

The Easter weekend did conflict with my making it up to LA for WonderCon this year! Hope to see you back out at Vets Stadium in a couple weeks.

Guess it's been a few months since catching up on your thread here! On your recap of Terry's show, you make no mention of Paul Gulacy or Joe Jusko? I guess having a table ties you down on the socializing. Also surprised that you make no mention of Tony Riola, in that he too is A Long Beach native? I guess the comic strip material is not Golden Age 'ish' enough to spark your interests? Anyway, glad to hear there's still money to be made, out there.

The Easter weekend did conflict with my making it up to LA for WonderCon this year! Hope to see you back out at Vets Stadium in a couple weeks.

Tony was at both shows. I am always amazed that he can continue to set up at all these shows as the demand for the strip material just can't be that here.

Yeah, I'm sure I left out a lot of people (including you David). Sorry about that. I guess I'm getting old and my rusty brain needs some oil... Yeah, I'm pretty much a GA comic book guy so that is my focus. GA and SA comic books still have a VERY strong market and I had one of the best shows I've ever set up at. I try to have unusual stuff at pretty good prices. So for me to have an incredible show, I must have moved a lot of books which I did.

Too bad you missed WonderCon. It was a good show. I do think there were more vintage comic book dealers at Terry's though. Lots of people complain about the Easter weekend but they still sold out. I went Fri and Sat and heard it was even packed on Sun.

I will be set up at the Vets Stadium next weekend if the weather is nice. See you there.

Hey Batman

I really don't know how many comics I own. I'm to busy enjoying them to keep track of how many, grades or what they are worth. I do have quite a few I guess. Considering I've been collecting close to 50 years, they have stacked up quite a bit.

I have probably 75% GA, 20% SA and 5% BA (both of which I doubt I've ever posted).

And I'm still buying...