• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

docsavagerubberstamp_zpsdzm6tl6i.jpg

:ohnoez:

Robot Man, thanks for sharing. (worship)

Only rubber stamp I have ever seen went for over $1300 on Hakes.

You certainly have that Raiders of the Lost Ark mentality and I love it.

I don't have a Doc Savage rubber stamp, but purchased this James Bama homage cover by Alex Ross on my last trip to SDCC.

image_zpsqa4ulljl.jpeg

I love seeing these badges and cards. :applause:

Was the one below and official one from the publisher of Weird Tales or was it an independent fan club? Any idea when it is from?

weirdtalescrd1_zpshl2fjtyp.jpg

Thanks Pat. There you go Adam. It was offered by Weird Tales in the '30's. It was free for an SASE. Too bad there wasn't a badge... I have seen only one other one that sold in a Hakes auction many years ago. I think part of the reason for it's scarcity is that it was a club aimed more at adults than children. Most of them really didn't care as they were more interested in the stories.

Thanks Pat. There you go Adam. It was offered by Weird Tales in the '30's. It was free for an SASE. Too bad there wasn't a badge... I have seen only one other one that sold in a Hakes auction many years ago. I think part of the reason for it's scarcity is that it was a club aimed more at adults than children. Most of them really didn't care as they were more interested in the stories.

Latest Hakes auction had one link The card was made out to an "Eldon". I believe this is a different Eldon than the comic book one. How many Eldon's were in early fandom anyway?

I believe this is a different Eldon than the comic book one.

Yup the other "Eldon" was cartoonist Eldon Dedini.

[edit] Judging by a letter Eldon K. Everett wrote to a magazine in 1957, he resided in Tacoma, Washington. The editor of the magazine acknowledged that Eldon was a know member of sci-fi fandom.

Edited by sacentaur

Latest Hakes auction had one link The card was made out to an "Eldon". I believe this is a different Eldon than the comic book one. How many Eldon's were in early fandom anyway?

Thanks for the link and for the background archiefan and pat (thumbs u

[edit] Judging by a letter Eldon K. Everett wrote to a magazine in 1957, he resided in Tacoma, Washington. The editor of the magazine acknowledged that Eldon was a know member of sci-fi fandom.

Actually, there are 2 Eldons for comic lineages. The Dedinis are not typically books with "Eldon" written on them, that was yet another Eldon. His name is buried somewhere in the "Show us your Eldons"thread, but I don't recall it. The Dedinis had block lettering on the covers IIRC.

Actually, there are 2 Eldons for comic lineages. The Dedinis are not typically books with "Eldon" written on them, that was yet another Eldon. His name is buried somewhere in the "Show us your Eldons"thread, but I don't recall it. The Dedinis had block lettering on the covers IIRC.

You're right Dan, thanks for the clarification.

It's raining Eldons! :ohnoez:

Cool, another one makes three I know of. Never seen the letter.