• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

And from "Picking 101", always look for the stuff out of place...

This beauty was sitting on a chest of drawers in a booth of furniture and lamps. The attractive young blonde girl told me it recently came out of an old house clean out. The only non furniture/lamp piece in her booth.

Large 1920's Structo pressed steel dump truck.

structodumptruck1_zpsefa61ith.jpg

So I got up real early with the chickens to do some "picking" this morning...

I don't normally buy Dells or Funny Animals much any more but these were so early and so pretty and the gnarly old geezer said "$5.00 each NO DISCOUNTS!" when I enquired.

So I threw him a small pile of dead presidents and scooped up the pile.

I especially like the Terry Toons with the 2nd Mighty Mouse and "Atomic Bomb" golf cover!

comicsventura1_zps3uhdnngn.jpg

Nice score; good to see this stuff still out there. Well, they printed so many of those Dell comics that it will be showing up for a long time!

I picked up the book below last weekend and it gave me an idea for another subset. Golf covers. Now, I'm not a player. Takes too much time and costs money I can spend buying junk and my other pursuits but I'm sure there are more than a couple "duffers" out there that might appreciate this. This subject crosses over into so many genres. I had a lot more than I though I had, so this might spill over to tomorrow...

comterrytoons39_zpswerwgnnu.jpg

I picked up the book below last weekend and it gave me an idea for another subset. Golf covers. Now, I'm not a player. Takes too much time and costs money I can spend buying junk and my other pursuits but I'm sure there are more than a couple "duffers" out there that might appreciate this. This subject crosses over into so many genres. I had a lot more than I though I had, so this might spill over to tomorrow...

comterrytoons39_zpswerwgnnu.jpg

I'd like to see the 35 that's on the left of this in the group shot,please...