• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

And since I missed yesterday due to selling at a show how about this little gem?

One of my favorite toys in my collection. 1962 Marx "Hootin Hollar Haunted House"

This great, large tin toy is battery operated. It has about a dozen functions including a shaking roof, lights up, spooky noises, stuff like a black cat and skeleton pop out of windows and the chimney, door opens with a light up witch inside and more. All working condition. My kids will have to sell this one when I'm gone!

Hepcat, you would love this!

marxhauntedhouse1_zps647dvzpl.jpg

marxhauntedhouse2_zpsyj4d6fnw.jpg

And since I missed yesterday due to selling at a show how about this little gem?

One of my favorite toys in my collection. 1962 Marx "Hootin Hollar Haunted House"

This great, large tin toy is battery operated. It has about a dozen functions including a shaking roof, lights up, spooky noises, stuff like a black cat and skeleton pop out of windows and the chimney, door opens with a light up witch inside and more. All working condition. My kids will have to sell this one when I'm gone!

TERRIFIC! Toys I didn't have the money to buy...but sure loved to play with in the store.

mm

RM I've see you post this before and it's terrific! I will say it demands a video clip of it operating! :sumo: would be so cool if you could somehow! :wishluck:

RM I've see you post this before and it's terrific! I will say it demands a video clip of it operating! :sumo: would be so cool if you could somehow! :wishluck:

+1, love to see it in action!

Found this video

What a great toy!!

Found this video

What a great toy!!

Nice Mary Marvel. I had one of these, a while a go. I traded it for some funny books. Wish I had it back.

Found this video

What a great toy!!

Thanks Archie! Saved me a lot of time that I don't really have today. That's it kids mine preforms all the actions this one does. My grandaughter just loves it. I put it out with my indoor Halloween decorations with keep it out of her 2 year old reach!

Found this video

What a great toy!!

Nice Mary Marvel. I had one of these, a while a go. I traded it for some funny books. Wish I had it back.

I just keep em all Howard, then I don't have your sad problem...

Found this video

What a great toy!!

I just keep em all Howard, then I don't have your sad problem...

I'm not a millionaire like you. I can't. :makepoint:

Found this video

What a great toy!!

That's for sure. Great toy and thanks for turning up the video.

The caption on the video says the toy is from the 1930s, but Robot_Man's dating to 1962 seems more plausible.

Found this video

What a great toy!!

The caption on the video says the toy is from the 1930s, but Robot_Man's dating to 1962 seems more plausible.

RM Man is correct

Found this video

What a great toy!!

RM Man is correct

Yes...from the 1960s. Found the original commercial. Video quality is not great though but you get the idea

Last month at Disneyland, I saw this really cool collection/display in the lobby of the Disneyland hotel. I kept thinking about how much it reminded me of Robot Man's sig pic.

It's too bad my pics didn't turn out too good. There were some really neat old pieces that looked hard to come by.

29755528643_ea36af7224_c.jpg

30351407766_03e76a066e_c.jpg

29755528843_f29358c256_c.jpg

30090324480_4b744b9f57_c.jpg

30090323590_8376e386cc_c.jpg

30387146685_523590f28f_c.jpg

30301191071_bc04435307_c.jpg

30090324020_073f0acf34_c.jpg

Edited by Knightsofold

Oh you bet I do! Those Marx mechanical toys were fabulous.

(thumbs u

If you want to induce maximum droolage, post those pics on the UMA forum:

Universal Monster Army

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat