• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Thanks for the tip! Seven or eight years ago I kept losing out on Harvey file copy runs on Heritage because of the hidden reserve. I finally got a bunch of Little Audrey comics and a few Spooky and Wendy[/i] comics though.

:)

I purchased these Blondie file copies from blissard. I do have a thing for Blondie and Fritzi Ritz

s-l1600-1-698x1024.jpg

5162016fix1-691x1024.jpg

5162016fix-683x1024.jpg

Thanks for the tip! Seven or eight years ago I kept losing out on Harvey file copy runs on Heritage because of the hidden reserve. I finally got a bunch of Little Audrey comics and a few Spooky and Wendy[/i] comics though.

Heritage still sells boatloads of Harvey file copies, sometimes in unopened boxes. Makes me wonder whether Harvey actually ever sold any comics.

The Harvey situation also illustrates why the label "file copy" is often misleading. Most of these copies were never in anybody's files; they are unsold warehouse stock.

Heritage still sells boatloads of Harvey file copies, sometimes in unopened boxes. Makes me wonder whether Harvey actually ever sold any comics.

The Harvey situation also illustrates why the label "file copy" is often misleading. Most of these copies were never in anybody's files; they are unsold warehouse stock.

....and illustrates the danger where there are 100 other high grade's waiting to come out of the woodwork to saturate the market... :mad:

Seven or eight years ago I kept losing out on Harvey file copy runs on Heritage because of the hidden reserve. I finally got a bunch of Little Audrey comics and a few Spooky and Wendy comics though.

But I did score a lot of almost three dozen Harvey Felix the Cat comics from a Heritage auction. Here are scans of some:

29-06-201163152PM.jpg

29-06-201163200PM.jpg

i

29-06-201163215PM.jpg

29-06-201163218PM.jpg

11-08-2011105231PM.jpg

11-08-2011105236PM.jpg

11-08-2011105242PM.jpg

11-08-2011105246PM.jpg