• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

As a kid I always looked forward to and loved those Hollywood Road Shows that came to town around Halloween...really enjoyed being able to produce one.

9521727711_1f85603f0d.jpg

Wow! Did you just produce the show in 1988? Was it not as much of a success as you hoped?

???

Edited by Hepcat

Maybe the best Bugs Halloween cover. What do you think Corey?

comlooneytuneshalloween_zpsiganiawq.jpg

I concur! Black cover, witch cover bats, full moon and ghost cover all in one! Much better presenting copy than mine! Thanks for posting! :applause:

I disagree. It is very good, but it's not as good as the covers on some of the Bugs Bunny Halloween Giants.

(shrug)

As a kid I always looked forward to and loved those Hollywood Road Shows that came to town around Halloween...really enjoyed being able to produce one.

9521727711_1f85603f0d.jpg

Wow! Did you just produce the show in 1988? Was it not as much of a success as you hoped?

???

This event was a one shot as the host "DR. CHILLER" had developed the program on radio over

the years and just felt like actually doing it live for once. It was a moderate success...the

sponsors were pleased with the results.

mm

Last month at Disneyland, I saw this really cool collection/display in the lobby of the Disneyland hotel. I kept thinking about how much it reminded me of Robot Man's sig pic.

It's too bad my pics didn't turn out too good. There were some really neat old pieces that looked hard to come by.

29755528643_ea36af7224_c.jpg

30351407766_03e76a066e_c.jpg

29755528843_f29358c256_c.jpg

30090324480_4b744b9f57_c.jpg

30090323590_8376e386cc_c.jpg

30387146685_523590f28f_c.jpg

30301191071_bc04435307_c.jpg

30090324020_073f0acf34_c.jpg

Wow, what a great display. Thanks for posting it!

OK, I'm hearing crickets... No love for 'ole Dagwood? Maybe you would like this little obsurcity a little better...

supermantimhalloween_zpsv1d4wcbr.jpg

Very eventful two days on the Boards today. Lots of awesome posts, including this one :headbang:

Bob,do you have a Ribtickler #3?
And Porcupine, i know you were asking RM, but i did post this one when i bumped the 'Halloween' thread this year (i guess you missed it?). Cool cover with Disney character swipes. :foryou:

Ribtickler%203_zps0zluqjk0.jpg

And Porcupine, i know you were asking RM, but i did post this one when i bumped the 'Halloween' thread this year (i guess you missed it?). Cool cover with Disney character swipes. :foryou:

thats it..so nifty...merci mon amis!

OK, I'm hearing crickets... No love for 'ole Dagwood?

I'd love to build up a collection of dozens of Harvey Dagwood and Blondie comics! I grew up with the Blondie newspaper comic strip that ran for decades in my hometown London Free Press.

:cool:

Not to mention that Blondie was stacked to beat hell.

2006-03-18_165026_Blondie.jpg

:luhv:

thats it..so nifty...merci mon amis!

One just sold on Ebay. Little rough, but cheap.

I'd love to build up a collection of dozens of Harvey Dagwood and Blondie comics! I grew up with the Blondie newspaper comic strip that ran for decades in my hometown London Free Press.

Adam Anderson, (Blizzard on Ebay) has a ton of Harvey file copies that might be right up your alley Hepcat. Highly recomended seller!

Adam Anderson, (Blizzard on Ebay) has a ton of Harvey file copies that might be right up your alley Hepcat. Highly recomended seller!

I think autocorrect got you on that one since he's actually blissard Link to eBay listings

Thanks for the tip! Seven or eight years ago I kept losing out on Harvey file copy runs on Heritage because of the hidden reserve. I finally got a bunch of Little Audrey comics and a few Spooky and Wendy comics though.

:)

Edited by Hepcat