• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Good on you, Bob. Here's Pat & Pa, Admiral William L Calhoun, back in the precode days. Gone too long, but never far away.

im797.jpg

..you look poised for a walk on role in "Little Rascals" :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Good on you, Bob. Here's Pat & Pa, Admiral William L Calhoun, back in the precode days. Gone too long, but never far away.

Oh, cool. :headbang:

And... hm, so maybe a couple other Pats in the family tree, I'm thinking? : hm

(been studying railroad and political development among other things to see how it affected development of newsstand distribution, etc)

The admirals get all the love not the lowly swabbies. My dad was stationed in Washington DC. His tough job was to take pictures at all the admiral's events. He took lots of movie starlets like Betty Grable, Rita Heyworth ect. Knowing him, I'm sure he had the time of his life until I came along and spolided it for him...

Mr. Peanut 1930's wooden jointed counter advertising display doll.

adfiguremrpeanut_zpsh2hgnqe0.jpg

There was a convention of Mr. Peanut collectors in Philadelphia a couple of months ago. Saw a story on it in the paper. He generated a heck of a lot of collectibles.

Another European flea market find from France. Probably 1930's

adfiguremichelinmanashtray_zpshpawuef2.jpg

Though found in France, it's possible it isn't french, right?

I was trying to reconcile the phone number with the standard for phone number across years in France (Paris and provinces) in this summary of their evolution - http://www.bhpt.org/documents/numerotation[1].pdf and the simple 4-digit number is either foreign or the dealer knew that only locals would use the number and then didn't bother with the letters. Given that and the name, it's possible it's not french. I know ... I am putting too much thoughts into this. Neat piece. :thumbsup:

Mr. Peanut 1930's wooden jointed counter advertising display doll.

adfiguremrpeanut_zpsh2hgnqe0.jpg

I had one of these that I bought in the PEANUT STORE on the Boardwalk in Atlantic

City in the mid-forties. I had it for a very long time...

Thanks for sharing!

mm

This is a really cool realization of the character :applause:

The Man! Reddy Killowatt. He stands on an electrical plug. His edges glow in the dark when exposed to a light bulb.

adfigurereddykillowatt_zpsnkgbis0t.jpg