• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,498 posts in this topic

It may just be the novelty of the new, but this movie is probably the best comic book film ever made. I think only The Dark Knight is better, but it's like comparing apples to oranges because TDK was a crime noir thriller, Xfinity War is a cosmic Marvel comic book brought to life. It's thrill packed from being to end, has stunning visuals and characters that carry weight and convey emotion. I was awestruck at the ending, and so was everyone in the theater. I was fighting back tears at certain moments. And Thanos? Best Marvel movie villain by a mile, and the second best comic bad guy ever. 

I don't want to wait a year for Avengers IV, but something tells me it will be well worth it.

What a joy to see all of these characters finally together in one movie. 9.5 out of 10 for me.  

1 minute ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

Does the discrepancy in the trailer (when Hulk is running through the Wakandan trees, but that doesn't happen in the flick) mean a 'Strange" time loop has been hatched?

Spoiler

I'm guessing Dr. Strange, in his meditation on Titan, saw the 1 winning time-line was to let Thanos complete the gauntlet and enact his plan.  Something that comes later (I don't know what but Doctor Strange does) causes Thanos to reverse everything he does.

It seems to me that whoever had access to the time stone first (Dr Strange) would be incapable of error. A 1 in 14 million time-line would ultimately be a certain victory.  Might as well be 1 in a billion.

The certain victory time-line just involved letting Thanos have the stone after the course had been plotted and no divergence would alter it. 

Or I could be completely wrong.  It's not like it hasn't happened before.

Saw it twice now.  First time in 2d second time in 3d.  I think the 3d made some of the fx less impressive.

Spoiler

I think it’s clear that Dr Strange knew the outcome, and he acted as if he was sorry Stark had to die, not him.

Very interesting.  Too bad fury didn’t page Logan, Xavier, Richards and Grimm.  Capt Marvel has no effect on me really.  

I wonder why the Hulk wouldn’t come out. I will see one more time, the slow Thanos Gamora parts were boring to sit through a 2nd time.

Where’s Warlock?  Do they even have the rights?

Edited by Knightsofold

1 hour ago, WeR138 said:

What a joy to see all of these characters finally together in one movie. 9.5 out of 10 for me.  

Hide contents

I'm guessing Dr. Strange, in his meditation on Titan, saw the 1 winning time-line was to let Thanos complete the gauntlet and enact his plan.  Something that comes later (I don't know what but Doctor Strange does) causes Thanos to reverse everything he does.

It seems to me that whoever had access to the time stone first (Dr Strange) would be incapable of error. A 1 in 14 million time-line would ultimately be a certain victory.  Might as well be 1 in a billion.

The certain victory time-line just involved letting Thanos have the stone after the course had been plotted and no divergence would alter it. 

Or I could be completely wrong.  It's not like it hasn't happened before.

Spoiler

Absolutely, although it might not be getting Thanos to reverse what he did so much as getting the time stone back and turning time back himself. I think for those really paying attention, that is very clearly the path that Strange is taking, after all he said he looked at what like a couple million possible outcomes and there was only 1 where they won. Thats why Dr Strange said he had to do it (give Thanoe the time stone). He is following the events in the one possible future where they actually beat Thanos and that clearly meant letting Thanos get all the stones and complete his mission of killing off half of the universe. 

Edited by OrangeCrush

9 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Hide contents

I might actually view him as the hero of the film myself if I could figure out why he's just going for half.  I was buying his perspective based upon the fact that his people on Titan killed themselves by exhausting all their resources, but why cull planets where that isn't anywhere close to happening yet?

I said this a few pages back but, "the villain is the hero of their story".  And for me, that was made abundantly clear when the last credits rolled and it said "Thanos will return" (instead of the typical "The Avengers will return").  This movie could have just as easily been titled Thanos Rising.

BOX OFFICE: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Breaks Marvel Record With Huge $39 Million In Thursday Previews

Avengers: Infinity War has started rolling out across the world and in just two days, the movie has made a whopping $95 million. That an awesome start but even more impressive is the $39 million the Russo Brothers helmed release earned during Thursday evening screenings in North America. 

That's the best number of any superhero movie ever topping previous record holder The Dark Knight ($30.6 million). In comparison, Black Panther made $25.2 million back in February. For now, though, Star Wars: The Force Awakens remains the record holder with $57 million, with The Last Jedi ($45 million) behind it and Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows in third place with a solid $43.5 million. 

Analysts remain convinced that Avengers: Infinity War will debut with upwards of $225 million this weekend, while current estimates point to it having made $500 million worldwide by Sunday. 

Went to see IG yesterday evening; giving it (thumbsu(thumbsu(thumbsu up!

On 4/27/2018 at 12:17 AM, Buzzetta said:

Thought it was very good... but not as good as Black Panther. 

Spoiler

Good point, Buzz... the BP movie must have had a positive effect; the crowd gave a round of applause when the scene showing Wakanda first came on. Applause on Thor returning to Earth with Stormbringer as well. :applause:

Gonna have to say this was a big disappointment for me.  The MCU is what brought me back to comic collecting after almost 15 years and while I'm glad I came back (if for no other reason that I discovered PCH & GA SCIFI), this is a bit of a kick in the nutz.  I hate that these filmmakers pirate our beloved characters, settings, and themes and THEN they decide to use their creative little peanut brain and start dikking with the story and the motivations.  And now, after the Disney machine ruined Star Wars here comes a crying Thanso and the stupidest way to obtain an infinity stone ever thought up.  I think they realized they screwed up not introducing the soul stone earlier and had to have a late night brainstorming sesh to come up with this garbage.  And why the HELL does the mind stone have to be the main stone and why is its space so frickin big it has to grow into it?!?!  Sooooo super discouraged after this mess...   

13 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

Gonna have to say this was a big disappointment for me.  The MCU is what brought me back to comic collecting after almost 15 years and while I'm glad I came back (if for no other reason that I discovered PCH & GA SCIFI), this is a bit of a kick in the nutz.  I hate that these filmmakers pirate our beloved characters, settings, and themes and THEN they decide to use their creative little peanut brain and start dikking with the story and the motivations.  And now, after the Disney machine ruined Star Wars here comes a crying Thanso and the stupidest way to obtain an infinity stone ever thought up.  I think they realized they screwed up not introducing the soul stone earlier and had to have a late night brainstorming sesh to come up with this garbage.  And why the HELL does the mind stone have to be the main stone and why is its space so frickin big it has to grow into it?!?!  Sooooo super discouraged after this mess...   

29 minutes ago, Mystafo said: