• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlton, Dell, Gold Key, and Harvey...

371 posts in this topic

Anyone else have the BlackHole prepack?Mine is still sealed,not sure if it contains #4 inside or not...been dying to open it for years,so I keep it where I can't get to it easy lol

Don't think it contains the #4.

My first 3 issues came from the BH prepack back when they first came out. Searched for years for a 4 till I stumbled upon one at Doug Sulipa's site.

Anyone else have the BlackHole prepack?Mine is still sealed,not sure if it contains #4 inside or not...been dying to open it for years,so I keep it where I can't get to it easy lol

My first 3 issues came from the BH prepack back when they first came out. Searched for years for a 4 till I stumbled upon one at Doug Sulipa's site.

Speaking of funny animal "horror" covers, i'm no Felix the Cat collector, but the Four Color #46 Comic Connect has coming up is SWEET!! Great cover image with a spooky house! This on your list too Jayman? I'm sure Porcupine has one..

Speaking of funny animal "horror" covers, i'm no Felix the Cat collector, but the Four Color #46 Comic Connect has coming up is SWEET!! Great cover image with a spooky house! This on your list too Jayman? I'm sure Porcupine has one..

hm

I have to post my group shot trifecta.

I finally completed my goal of acquiring all three in 9.4 ow/w or better a little under a year ago.

All books were bought raw be me from various comic sites/dealers and one was off eBay. Took me many a moon to finally get all these Purdy covers together.

IMG_1006_zpsed936452.jpg

I finally completed my goal of acquiring all three in 9.4 ow/w or better a little under a year ago.

All books were bought raw be me from various comic sites/dealers and one was off eBay. Took me many a moon to finally get all these Purdy covers together.

IMG_1006_zpsed936452.jpg

(worship)(worship)(worship)

IMG_1006_zpsed936452.jpg

Oh very nice!

(thumbs u

As for collecting

I collect Dell Looney Tunes related comics, some of the Popular Comics issues are stand out. I also like some Tom and Jerry stuff they did too.

Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman are my Charlton babies( grew up on those on the tube!) and I could use a Negro Romances 4 they did to complete the run.

And Harvey's golden age super hero stuff always intrigued me, but I feel I better jump in sooner than later before there's a realization there are some killer covers from that era/ genre

here's a KILLER HARVEY I recently acquired!! tough as nails though (thumbs u

16108546358_eb7a287926_b.jpg

Some great 'undiscovered' books in this thread, but I will always be in awe of this book Gino!

Awesome book! Very reminiscent of Amazing-Man 22! (thumbs u

thanks Corey my friend and Jayman it sure does!! I have a print of AMAN 22 and they look fantastic side by side!!! I can't wait to one day hopefully own a real copy!!! :wishluck:

Sadly I don't...most of my Felix stuff is in the non comicbook format,and most of the comics are early European hardcover platinum books in well loved shape.

My want list is longer than Santa's naughty or nice!